Wiki Posts
Search

exit row on award booking

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2017, 10:20 am
Original Poster

exit row on award booking

Hi all,

I'm thinking about booking an economy flight using avios for next September. The availability isn't even open yet. I was wondering if I book on the first day the award availability opens, would it be possible for me to choose an exit row seat? If my plan changes, I only have to pay 25 euros to cancel my flight right?

Thanks!
Old Sep 22, 2017, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
I do not believe that you will be able to manage an Avios booking on the EI website - Avios bookings are effectively made via a third party, and only cash bookings made on the EI website can be managed on the EI website.

Therefore, I would expect you would need to ring Aer Lingus and see if they can assign you your seats.

I don't think you need to be in such a rush to buy exit-row seats. Is this shorthaul or longhaul?

And are you sure it is a good use of Avios and cash to redeem for these flights?
Old Sep 22, 2017, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by petey2428
Hi all,

I'm thinking about booking an economy flight using avios for next September. The availability isn't even open yet. I was wondering if I book on the first day the award availability opens, would it be possible for me to choose an exit row seat? If my plan changes, I only have to pay 25 euros to cancel my flight right?

Thanks!
You will need to call Aer Lingus and pay them direct with a credit card for the exit seat. Not usually a problem.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

I didn't realize you have to pay extra. This is for Chicago -> Dublin. How much is the fee?
Old Sep 22, 2017, 2:48 pm

I didn't realize you have to pay extra. This is for Chicago -> Dublin. How much is the fee?
$70 and they do sell out quickly depending on dates on the ORD route.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DELLAS
$70 and they do sell out quickly depending on dates on the ORD route.
I finally booked my flight. Do you guys think exit row is worht $70?
Old Nov 14, 2017, 6:57 am

I finally booked my flight. Do you guys think exit row is worht $70?
It’s a hard thing to advise someone on. It comes down to personal preference. If you want extra legroom as a must then go for it. I personally would not but then again I’m not tall.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.