Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Dec 31, 2016, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition , and 2016 edition.

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs or should be posted elsewhere on FT as should topics better suited to other forums such as Travel Products for questions about luggage or Travel Photography for discussion about cameras.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply her as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

Sean Peever
FT Poster
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2017)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:26 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by jc94
These days, virtually everything you need can be found online in terms of learning and issue resolution etc. In my opinion.
Agree. Most of the textbooks I keep are the following two types.

1. The classic must haves. For example, CLRS for algorithms and the red electronics book by Sedra and Smith.

2. Some very narrow and advanced subjects which there is very little info on the Internet, unless you pay for subscription to those research paper databases. These are usually for my own interests.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 3:54 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 4:21 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Just had the best day of my life, I actually made it to second round for one firm.
Got three back to back interviews lined up for Friday.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
Just had the best day of my life, I actually made it to second round for one firm.
Got three back to back interviews lined up for Friday.
Great news!

You can celebrate by taking a free round trip to the YYC DO.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Great news!

You can celebrate by taking a free round trip to the YYC DO.
Thanks!

I am not prepared for the case at all, so its going to take a miracle to not wreck the case interview out of the gate.

I can celebrate if I get an email tomorrow evening inviting me to the final rounds for any two of the three firms I have interviewed with so far. :P
Old Sep 22, 2017, 12:04 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
I meant to post earlier but forgot, so a late good luck for those interviews!
Old Sep 22, 2017, 12:41 pm

Update:
Did okay on the case interview but feedback was I spoke too fast, again
Old Sep 22, 2017, 2:11 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Look at this guy what a commie.

NB: Anyone that disagrees will automatically be labelled a nomad apologist.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 2:13 pm

Update:
I didn't know you applied for a public speaking position.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 2:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Update:
That's okay as most people do when they're nervous.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by tcook052
That's okay as most people do when they're nervous.
Still think it's a BS excuse.

Everything went well, but you talked to fast therefore we will consider other applications? Lol

Sounds to me like they narrowed down more than enough and just cut everything out.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer

Everything went well, but you talked to fast therefore we will consider other applications? Lol

Sounds to me like they narrowed down more than enough and just cut everything out.
Do you mean being nervous as a BS excuse, or the talking too fast a BS excuse?

I agree. Like if that's all they can come up with then jack did ok.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:22 pm

I dont know if I made it or got cut yet. It does feel like I prob won't make it to the final round in Toronto for this firm.

I am just really glad I was allowed to use a calculator for my case because otherwise it would be a complete trainwreck, which as far as the feedback I got, I feel like I have done the best I could with three days of prep.

But I def took the interviewer's advice and spoke in a much more coherent and slower pace on the other three interviews I have done today.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
So are you coming to YYC?
Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: Irrelevant

Depends if there will be times where presentations will have to be given to Sr. Level management and similar types or not. If the presenter had nonsense of pace and timing then they're not qualified to be a presenter.

I've turfed protential candidates for less. For just about all job positions, there are dozens of potential candidates applying, so the employer has the luxury of choosing the individual that is best suited person for the position, which means team and corporate culture fit too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.