Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries Club lounge LHR: Dining menu and food options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options (2013, 2014, & 2015) for the Galleries Club (GC) lounges in LHR, of which there are three in Terminal 5 (T5A North & South, and T5B). This lounge is open to passengers flying oneworld on a business class ticket, BAEC Silver and oneworld Sapphire card holders. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey.

The current catering options in the GC lounges can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2016 (n.b. no separate 2017 or 2018 thread) - T3 & T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Galleries Club lounge LHR: Dining menu and food options

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2017, 2:45 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
I think lunch is edible , as are the afternoon sarnies.

But breakfast is IMO very poor in GC

Also , plane food is currently closed :-(
Old Apr 21, 2017, 3:08 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by stewaran
I think lunch is edible , as are the afternoon sarnies.

But breakfast is IMO very poor in GC

Also , plane food is currently closed :-(
Yes I would agree with you there.

Edible but no more, lacking in flavour in every dish.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 4:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
I guess, I must have forgotten what's on offer or didn't visit Club lounge for breakfast before. So it's Gold or nothing then, as Club lounge is not worth it. I could have better breakfast of my choice anywhere else.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 4:20 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Elite, BA Pleb
Quick question from someone who's normally down the back of the plane with a blue card.

Coming back from London to Newcastle, domestic Club Europe is pricing at Ł25 more than economy. It's the last flight, so about half eight. I'm thinking of paying it so I don't have to deal with the retail opportunities of Heathrow T5, but is Galleries Club actually worth that?

It seems too good to be true, I wonder what the catch is...
Old Apr 26, 2017, 4:28 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Arctic Troll
Coming back from London to Newcastle, domestic Club Europe is pricing at Ł25 more than economy. It's the last flight, so about half eight. I'm thinking of paying it so I don't have to deal with the retail opportunities of Heathrow T5, but is Galleries Club actually worth that?
That flight is sometimes delayed, since it's the final rotation of the day, so I would seriously consider it. You will also get 20 to 35 more Avios for it, so it would valid for the TP Run thread!

As to "is it worth it", this is not usually good ways of looking at it. If it's a rounding number on your cashflow that would be a different scenario than your kids not getting a winter coat.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 4:35 am

Programs: BAEC: BRONZE (Basic member: KLM, Emirates, United)
Quick question from someone who's normally down the back of the plane with a blue card.

Probably "worth it" in terms of the experience alone? How long you got and have you been in before?
Old Apr 26, 2017, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Of course its worth that, that's nothing. If all CE supplements were as little as Ł25 (but off a cheap HBO fare) it would be fine.

Just think how many bottles of Highland Spring water you can take if you turn up a few hours early with an empty carry-on!
Old Apr 26, 2017, 7:10 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Ł25 is pretty good - I'd think of it as having dinner in the lounge rather than somewhere else in the terminal, and chuck in a few extra drinkies you might not normally get.

You'll probably get Ł5 worth of Avios back as well, so more like Ł20
Old Jun 28, 2017, 12:41 am

Is there usually hot lunch offerings at LHR GC right up to 3pm or in reality are they gone before then? I'm pondering trying to make it before 3pm to get something other than a sandwich.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 12:54 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by CatchThePigeon
Is there usually hot lunch offerings at LHR GC right up to 3pm or in reality are they gone before then? I'm pondering trying to make it before 3pm to get something other than a sandwich.
The hot food tends to be removed on the dot of 15:00 hrs. If you are there for 14:55 there should be something still there, even if one or two options have been fully consumed, but it would be unusual for everything to have gone by then.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The hot food tends to be removed on the dot of 15:00 hrs. If you are there for 14:55 there should be something still there, even if one or two options have been fully consumed, but it would be unusual for everything to have gone by then.
Thanks cws. For the record I experienced the following in GC North today:

1445 - arrived in lounge and enjoyed a couple of bowls of tasty hot gloop
1456 - salad bar was removed
1501 - overhead heat lamps went out over hot selection
1507 - hot foods removed

So not bad. And even when staff removed stuff it was still available on the trolleys for around 5 minutes. Lounge was very busy.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Can we have a confirmation from LHR T3, T5 North, South and 5B that the hot bacon and vegetarian rolls are being served until 11:00 hrs? Previously it was until 09:30 hrs.

[Gatwick I'm able check in the next couple of days]
Old Jul 10, 2017, 6:13 pm

Programs: Newbie BA Gold
On the 1840 A380 to HkG tonight. Is T5B a good option and is there any food at this time?
Old Jul 10, 2017, 6:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Can we have a confirmation from LHR T3, T5 North, South and 5B that the hot bacon and vegetarian rolls are being served until 11:00 hrs? Previously it was until 09:30 hrs.

I heard it was due to change but wasn't sure when.Do you think this has been implemented now.?
Old Jul 12, 2017, 1:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador

So does LGW now have extended bacon/egg rolls too?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.