Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries Club lounge LHR: Dining menu and food options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options (2013, 2014, & 2015) for the Galleries Club (GC) lounges in LHR, of which there are three in Terminal 5 (T5A North & South, and T5B). This lounge is open to passengers flying oneworld on a business class ticket, BAEC Silver and oneworld Sapphire card holders. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey.

The current catering options in the GC lounges can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2016 (n.b. no separate 2017 or 2018 thread) - T3 & T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Galleries Club lounge LHR: Dining menu and food options

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2013, 8:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite Plus
Another item improved away...

Chernobyl '86, Windows '95, 9/11 '01, Baxter-Storey '13
Old May 8, 2013, 9:17 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HHonors, SPG, Marriott, A|Club, Tesco CC, Costa Coffee Club
Shame about the ice-cream (vanished before I ever worked where it was!), but on my latest visit there were some rather nice deserts - choice of cheesecake or carrot cake. This was c. 1500 IIRC, and they were replenished at least once while we were in the lounge. Items obviously stored frozen - my slice of cheese cake was not quite thawed in the middle, but very palatable all the same. Sadly, no cream available to pour over.
Old May 9, 2013, 3:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It has been confirmed that ice creams will no longer be served in Galleries Club. The fridge freezer has been removed.

A few extra photos added from yesterday.
A ruddy joke this is becoming. "Oh, I know - let's remove another item the customer like".

Are these people idiots?
Old May 9, 2013, 4:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jordan D
A ruddy joke this is becoming. "Oh, I know - let's remove another item the customer like".

Are these people idiots?
More like, let's remove another item that customers use. Which therefore costs money that eats into the budget reductions that this company promised to achieve...
Old May 10, 2013, 8:35 am

I'm in Galleries South right now in front of a freezer filled with ice creams...
Old May 10, 2013, 8:41 am

Programs: BA (LTG), Miles&More (whatever the lowest level is), Oyster card (zones 1-2)
Is champagne still available on request (even at 7am ) or has that been enhanced away too?
Old May 10, 2013, 10:04 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome ronaldb

Originally Posted by ronaldb
I'm in Galleries South right now in front of a freezer filled with ice creams...
Excellent news ronaldb, and the even better news is that you have joined us on FlyerTalk and the British Airways forum. Welcome, please continue to post, and if you are a regular at that lounge it would be good to get further updates from you!
Old May 10, 2013, 10:49 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
c-w-s. I read on the F lounge thread that you are giving feedback to BA on the lounge changes. I hope you are lobbying on my behalf for hygienically wrapped fruitcake!

In return, I am willing to support any occupations or demonstrations by Firsties to bring back 4 flavors of Kettle Chips!
Old May 10, 2013, 10:52 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by HilFly
c-w-s. I read on the F lounge thread that you are giving feedback to BA on the lounge changes. I hope you are lobbying on my behalf for hygienically wrapped fruitcake!

In return, I am willing to support any occupations or demonstrations by Firsties to bring back 4 flavors of Kettle Chips!
Tricky, very tricky. The new fruitcake (or rather, fruit loaf as we must now call it) isn't wrapped, but it tastes wonderful. What a dilemma!
Old May 10, 2013, 10:55 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
In GC south at the moment. Ice cream fridge is still here and has about 20pots of chocolate green & blacks in it. Despite looking like they had been there a while the one I picked out seemed to have the consistency of a chocolate mousse.
Old May 11, 2013, 12:21 am
GLA

Programs: BA VS
Oh, if the Green and Black's is back that is good news!
Old May 11, 2013, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by KARFA
In GC south at the moment. Ice cream fridge is still here and has about 20pots of chocolate green & blacks in it. Despite looking like they had been there a while the one I picked out seemed to have the consistency of a chocolate mousse.
Absolutely, I noticed that today too. The long freestanding freezer has been replaced with a half size freezer though, and it's currently sitting atop a rather ugly and chipped black wooden box, within the recess adjacent to the coffee bar.
Old May 11, 2013, 7:18 am

Programs: BA Silver VA Red SAS Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
Thank God for that ! One of my recommendation on the ice cream is to pour the ice cream on a coffee cup, pour over the ice cream a hot shot of espresso coffee or liquer ! it is yummi. It is called "affogato" ice cream in Italy and it means "drowned" ice cream, I always have one or two when I am in the GC South ! Enjoy
Old May 11, 2013, 11:11 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by abfab80
Thank God for that ! One of my recommendation on the ice cream is to pour the ice cream on a coffee cup, pour over the ice cream a hot shot of espresso coffee or liquer ! it is yummi. It is called "affogato" ice cream in Italy and it means "drowned" ice cream, I always have one or two when I am in the GC South ! Enjoy
Interesting suggestion. Must admit I hadn't heard of affogato ice cream before. I'll try it next time I am there, although I may get some funny looks from other people in the lounge - well, more than usual anyway.
Old May 12, 2013, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It has been confirmed that ice creams will no longer be served in Galleries Club. The fridge freezer has been removed.

A few extra photos added from yesterday.
I can further confirm that this is false, for now. The freezer complete with vanilla and chocolate ice cream is sitting unenhanced in the coffee bar nearest to south security.

Other than that, the first post is accurate. I am on a 1610 flight and will advise if I see the hot food being disappeared before I leave.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.