Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries Club lounge LHR: Dining menu and food options

Old May 17, 2013, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options (2013, 2014, & 2015) for the Galleries Club (GC) lounges in LHR, of which there are three in Terminal 5 (T5A North & South, and T5B). This lounge is open to passengers flying oneworld on a business class ticket, BAEC Silver and oneworld Sapphire card holders. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey.

The current catering options in the GC lounges can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2016 (n.b. no separate 2017 or 2018 thread) - T3 & T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Galleries Club lounge LHR: Dining menu and food options

Old May 14, 2013, 8:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK E+, LH Sen, Accor Plat, Base level: AF, AS, DL, Hilton, IHG
After a bit of a hiatus for my usual trips to ABZ, I was quite looking forward to trying the new offerings, but to my great disappointment, I arrived at T5 at 15.30 as the hot food was being cleared away. The only savoury options are a few, not very appetising sandwiches.

Not sure what time the hot food will reappear.

Once again, cost cutting flimsily disguised as an enhancement.

I wouldn't mind, but the price of a flex return to Aberdeen is well over 500 these days and we all know about the minimal catering onboard domestics these days.
Old May 14, 2013, 3:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by Genius1
Absolutely, I noticed that today too. The long freestanding freezer has been replaced with a half size freezer though, and it's currently sitting atop a rather ugly and chipped black wooden box, within the recess adjacent to the coffee bar.
The half size freezer was there in December already.
Old May 14, 2013, 3:51 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Shuttle
Not sure what time the hot food will reappear.
I believe it is 6pm.
Old May 19, 2013, 5:58 am

Programs: UA, Marriott, Starwood, et al
Originally Posted by abfab80
Thank God for that ! One of my recommendation on the ice cream is to pour the ice cream on a coffee cup, pour over the ice cream a hot shot of espresso coffee or liquer ! it is yummi. It is called "affogato" ice cream in Italy and it means "drowned" ice cream, I always have one or two when I am in the GC South ! Enjoy
I am in the South lounge now and can confirm there is a small freezer with ice cream, as discussed. I can also confirm that abfab80's suggestion was tasty. Thanks.
TRRed
Old May 19, 2013, 6:17 am

Programs: BA Silver VA Red SAS Gold
Originally Posted by TRRed
I am in the South lounge now and can confirm there is a small freezer with ice cream, as discussed. I can also confirm that abfab80's suggestion was tasty. Thanks.
TRRed
You are welcome, I am glad you enjoyed it
Old May 19, 2013, 6:46 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
A Young's Chocolate Stout ice cream float is yummy, too. Half a bottle with a scoop of vanilla ice cream....yum!

What a shame they don't have chocolate stout in the GC.......
Old May 20, 2013, 1:38 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
I believe it is 6pm.
Yep, I have been in Galleries South twice between 5pm and 7pm in the last 3 weeks. Both times the hot food came out at about 6pm(or a few mins earlier).
Old May 20, 2013, 3:06 pm
GLA

Programs: BA VS
Originally Posted by Enigma368
Yep, I have been in Galleries South twice between 5pm and 7pm in the last 3 weeks. Both times the hot food came out at about 6pm(or a few mins earlier).
When does it get cleared away again?
Old May 21, 2013, 2:42 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
silly question, but there is hot breakfast in the GC South lounge, does this apply to the North lounge as well,
Old May 21, 2013, 2:57 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
So by the sound of things we get breakfast until 9.30, lunch gets cleared away around 3 and dinner comes out at 6. Does anyone know what time lunch appears and what time dinner finishes?
Old May 21, 2013, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by BA5E
silly question, but there is hot breakfast in the GC South lounge, does this apply to the North lounge as well,
I recall rolls, bacon and mushrooms in GC(North) - as I almost had to fight with someone pushing in front of me and shovelling stuff onto his plate! Never looked further, as I don't eat big breakfasts (especially only an hour or so before the luxury CW lunch on a TATL)
Old May 22, 2013, 7:26 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
This was the offer this lunchtime at Galleries Club T3.

Apologies for the picture size. To be frank, most of it resembled sick...

The best looking option of the lot was the pasta, which I chose:

It actually would have been okay had it not been luke warm/cold...
Old May 22, 2013, 8:20 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Originally Posted by jackr27
To be frank, most of it resembled sick...
Oh God, I'll probably never be able to eat Galleries Club food again now
Old May 22, 2013, 9:05 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
Originally Posted by sigma421
Oh God, I'll probably never be able to eat Galleries Club food again now
Maybe it tastes better than it looks...

If it is all lukewarm/verging on cold I doubt it is particularly pleasant.

The white wine on offer was perfectly acceptable - but was all at room temperature, as was the water.

On a far less savoury note, who is responsible for the cleanliness of the toilets? They were pretty filthy. I understand this has as much to do with fellow passengers as it does with lounge staff but at the same time they should be being kept clean.
Old May 22, 2013, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by jackr27
Maybe it tastes better than it looks...

If it is all lukewarm/verging on cold I doubt it is particularly pleasant.

The white wine on offer was perfectly acceptable - but was all at room temperature, as was the water.

On a far less savoury note, who is responsible for the cleanliness of the toilets? They were pretty filthy. I understand this has as much to do with fellow passengers as it does with lounge staff but at the same time they should be being kept clean.
Room temp white wine, that's not good. Perhaps the red was cold!

Hmm, filthy toilets I think would help put me off those unwrapped biscuits, even though I've personally said before I didn't personally have a problem with the biscuit jars (but understand those who did). The filthy toilets would just remind me how bad some people hygiene can be!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.