Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries Club lounge LHR: Dining menu and food options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options (2013, 2014, & 2015) for the Galleries Club (GC) lounges in LHR, of which there are three in Terminal 5 (T5A North & South, and T5B). This lounge is open to passengers flying oneworld on a business class ticket, BAEC Silver and oneworld Sapphire card holders. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey.

The current catering options in the GC lounges can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2016 (n.b. no separate 2017 or 2018 thread) - T3 & T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Galleries Club lounge LHR: Dining menu and food options

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2013, 9:30 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
Originally Posted by layz
Room temp white wine, that's not good. Perhaps the red was cold!

Hmm, filthy toilets I think would help put me off those unwrapped biscuits, even though I've personally said before I didn't personally have a problem with the biscuit jars (but understand those who did). The filthy toilets would just remind me how bad some people hygiene can be!
I prefer the biscuits which were individually wrapped.

Whilst not scientific, I only saw one person use the tongs provided, everyone else just used their hands.

I think the jarred preserves are pretty horrible too (and a blatant cost cutting exercise). I don't want a splodge of jam loaded onto my plate.

I also cannot help but be a bit cynical when it comes to food in jarred containers...there is always a temptation just to keep permanently refilling, opposed to restocking the entire jar.

For me though, the toilets being filthy is the worst issue of them all - as you say, it is a reminder of some peoples hygiene standards - and with respect, I don't really want to be sharing jars of biscuits and preserves with them.
Old May 22, 2013, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by jackr27
I think the jarred preserves are pretty horrible too (and a blatant cost cutting exercise). I don't want a splodge of jam loaded onto my plate.
Don't think I've commented on this part, but this is a terrible idea even forgetting about hygiene.

People mixing up the spoons, using their knife to spread on toast and then putting the knife back in the jar, etc. It's easy to see why they should have individually packaged portions here. Jam can be presented in those small glass jars (is that what they used before I have to admit never taking any jam), the ones that are big enough for 1-2 servings.

I'd never use any spreads like this from a shared jar.

Shared bottles of sauces I can manage, but even then there's a strong argument for sachets.
Old May 22, 2013, 10:52 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by layz
Room temp white wine, that's not good. Perhaps the red was cold!
"Bringing the Club Europe experience to a lounge near you".
Old May 22, 2013, 11:12 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Does anyone know what time the hot breakfast (i.e. bacon rolls) starts in the morning? Is it from the lounge opening or do they appear at a set time? I have a few very early starts from T5 coming up in the near future...
Old May 22, 2013, 11:25 am

Programs: BAEC Sludge
The loos at T5 are like a 7-star hotel compared to the hell that is what purports to be the toilets in the lounge at JFK T7. Now that's shocking.
Old May 22, 2013, 11:33 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Titanium Lifetime/UA/JetBlue
Originally Posted by jackr27
Maybe it tastes better than it looks...

If it is all lukewarm/verging on cold I doubt it is particularly pleasant.

The white wine on offer was perfectly acceptable - but was all at room temperature, as was the water.

On a far less savoury note, who is responsible for the cleanliness of the toilets? They were pretty filthy. I understand this has as much to do with fellow passengers as it does with lounge staff but at the same time they should be being kept clean.
I have to say I have always found the toilets to be very well attended to in the lounges, there is always someone there cleaning, and perhaps the person before you was the one that made it so dirty.
Old May 22, 2013, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
That and no hot food in the afternoons, just afternoon tea
Old May 22, 2013, 3:53 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
Originally Posted by markzz2
I have to say I have always found the toilets to be very well attended to in the lounges, there is always someone there cleaning, and perhaps the person before you was the one that made it so dirty.
I'd be more than happy to accept that because in general my experience is that the toilets are of a fairly good standard.

I don't understand though how anyone could walk out leaving a toilet so disgusting, you'd think they'd be embarrassed...!
Old May 22, 2013, 3:55 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
No excuse for room temperature white wine. Waste of a good bottle!

Then again, it's probably better just to ask for champagne - which was nicely chilled.
Old May 22, 2013, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by travellingblade
Does anyone know what time the hot breakfast (i.e. bacon rolls) starts in the morning? Is it from the lounge opening or do they appear at a set time? I have a few very early starts from T5 coming up in the near future...
They start going from 09:30, leaving nothing but cold toast from 09:30-12:00

Old May 23, 2013, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by Genius1
They start going from 09:30, leaving nothing but cold toast from 09:30-12:00
Thanks, I am sadly all too aware of this

I perhaps didn't phrase my question too well. Is the hot breakfast available from the time the lounge opens i.e. 5.30 or do they set it out later i.e. 6.30?
Old May 23, 2013, 4:14 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by travellingblade
I perhaps didn't phrase my question too well. Is the hot breakfast available from the time the lounge opens i.e. 5.30 or do they set it out later i.e. 6.30?
The two sets of rolls (bacon and mushroom) appear when the Galleries Club opens at 05:00 and disappear at 09:30. Toast and porridge continue to be available until 12 midday when hot food is served until 15 hrs approx. Then 18 hours onwards is evening hot meal. Soup and sandwiches are served in between. I'll adjust post 1 to make this clearer.
Old May 23, 2013, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The two sets of rolls (bacon and mushroom) appear when the Galleries Club opens at 05:00 and disappear at 09:30. Toast and porridge continue to be available until 12 midday when hot food is served until 15 hrs approx. Then 18 hours onwards is evening hot meal. Soup and sandwiches are served in between. I'll adjust post 1 to make this clearer.
Perfect, thanks for that update
Old May 30, 2013, 4:17 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
Can anyone clarify the situation concerning salads? The first post suggests they are available all day (with just the hot slops restricted to BA-sanctioned times), but my experience earlier this month (I was still silver at the time) was that they were removed during the Afternoon Tea period of shame.
Old May 30, 2013, 4:23 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by klmml
Can anyone clarify the situation concerning salads? The first post suggests they are available all day (with just the hot slops restricted to BA-sanctioned times), but my experience earlier this month (I was still silver at the time) was that they were removed during the Afternoon Tea period of shame.
I have seen salads available at 3:30pm, also in GC B gate, indeed one of the photos was taken at that time. But please keep this thread updated, and I'll change the first post to keep it accurate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.