What plane London to St Kitts?

Old Jun 22, 2017, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
What plane London to St Kitts?

Evening all,

Can anyone tell me what plane will be used for flights from London to St Kitts in May 2018?

I don't understand how to use thebasource....

Many thanks

^
Old Jun 22, 2017, 1:47 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Just do a dummy booking on BA.com, it will tell you. I assume it's a 777-200.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 1:49 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
. I assume it's a 777-200.
Indeed that's the only longhaul jet type that LGW has, so it's easy to work out!
Old Jun 22, 2017, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Any recommendations for the best CW seats for a couple travelling please?
Old Jun 22, 2017, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Facing each other or side by side?
Old Jun 22, 2017, 1:54 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Indeed that's the only longhaul jet type that LGW has, so it's easy to work out!
​​​​​​Easy if you're Mr "I travel at least 74 BA sectors a week, plus others" C-W-S

I didn't even know it was a LGW route!
Old Jun 22, 2017, 2:46 pm
formerly maskelo

LGW flies most of Caribbean flights for BA, and they use 777 planes...unfortunately the newer planes are being flown to Middle East/Asia/USA
Old Jun 22, 2017, 3:13 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by PointsPointsPoints
Any recommendations for the best CW seats for a couple travelling please?
We prefer the pairs by the window for day flights outbound and the middle pair to sleep at night on the way back. YMMV etc...
Old Jun 23, 2017, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
The challenge here is that the actual LGW 777 airframe is vulnerable to change, often at the last minute [1-2 days out]. I don't think we've ever done a Caribbean trip without having at least one sector being changed, which makes seat planning almost a waste of time. indeed, on 2 successive trips to KIN, we had all 3 versions!

We're just home from an Antigua trip [in J], which ISTR is the one that connects onward to St Kitts. Outbound we ended up with a 4-class, with the F cabin being used as J for 10 lucky people. Inbound we had a 3-class, but that was changed a couple of days out from the 48J to the 40J version, leading to a frantic change of our seats as BA had put us in 11D/E [aisle and middle]. We moved to 4J/K [window pair with aisle access].

So whatever you choose, keep checking your plans haven't been silently undermined by BA ... because they won't tell you it's all changed!

Last edited by T8191; Jun 23, 2017 at 2:44 am Reason: expression
Old Jun 23, 2017, 3:50 am

Programs: BAEC Blue
On June 2 our eleven-month booked First trip to St Lucia was changed to a 3-class on the morning of departure (knock-on effect of a bird strike in Antigua). Sigh...
Old Jun 23, 2017, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Wherryman
On June 2 our eleven-month booked First trip to St Lucia was changed to a 3-class on the morning of departure (knock-on effect of a bird strike in Antigua). Sigh...
Oh, VERY sad. Sorry to hear that: really annoying for you, I'm sure.

Another example of the lack of robustness with the LGW 777 fleet, with their varied requirements/demands on those 'holiday routes'.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 4:09 am

Programs: BAEC Blue
Thank you for your sympathy, esteemed T8191. Slowly gathering up my strength for a protracted compensation battle (Avios, 2-4-1 etc)
Old Jun 23, 2017, 6:33 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, VS - Silver, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum Elite, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by T8191
We're just home from an Antigua trip [in J], which ISTR is the one that connects onward to St Kitts. Outbound we ended up with a 4-class, with the F cabin being used as J for 10 lucky people.
We have this situation for ANU next April. We are on Row 10 (party of three) yet our seat map is showing a blocked F cabin. BA tell me that should the J section fill up, the flight will operate F as J which has been discussed here several times I think.

The thing they did mention on the Gold Line was that my seat map is blocked as my status ranks me (and my party) as priority to be moved in F. I find that a little hard to believe as a lowly GCH

Not sure it's ideal to switch out J with a four year old as they'd be isolated in an F seat. First world problems.

I wonder if this will go away when they start the fleet refurb at LGW in Jan. I thought they were losing one of the four class birds.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

An interesting addition to the discussion, here and on another similar thread. At least you got some sort of an explanation on the Gold line, which is more than I achieved!!

Now the Big BA Lottery question is whether you select seats in F (when/if you can). I fear that's the mistake I made, by not selecting them at T-48 when we first saw them (and only them) in MMB. I have long since stopped trusting LGW 777 seating arrangements, so lacked the courage of taking the plunge!
Old Jun 26, 2017, 8:38 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, VS - Silver, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum Elite, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by T8191
An interesting addition to the discussion, here and on another similar thread. At least you got some sort of an explanation on the Gold line, which is more than I achieved!!

Now the Big BA Lottery question is whether you select seats in F (when/if you can). I fear that's the mistake I made, by not selecting them at T-48 when we first saw them (and only them) in MMB. I have long since stopped trusting LGW 777 seating arrangements, so lacked the courage of taking the plunge!
That is indeed the big question!

The agent suggested that given the fleet refurb, it was highly likely to remain a four class and therefore the seats would become available at T-48 (jives with your experience too) I'm not clear however if I am moved automatically though. I'm assuming that's a "yes".

Given we have a party of three with an under five, I'm hoping there is more protection for an equipment change and the subsequent reassignment. Saying that, it's LGW and we've had these issues in CE before.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.