Wiki Posts
Search

BA - Goodbye Old Friend

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2017, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Unhappy BA - Goodbye Old Friend

Dear BA,

I am sitting on a flight from Tel Aviv to London.

It is half way through the journey and in my many many years of flying BA I had the worst meal experience I have ever had. In my silent debate with myself I was wondering if I should stay silent or use my limited time telling you about my struggle. I decided the latter hence my letter.

Pardon me for being facetious for just a moment but I would like to 'congratulate' BA for conforming. You used to set the bar and show others the standard, but now have sadly gone the way everyone is going. Thank God there is no World war at present because Britain won't last a day.

Truthfully, I would not feed my dog with the food I had on this plane today. BA had always had great food in economy.
Those days are gone. The bread was old, the pasta not edible and the dessert hardly seeable.

Have you noticed the new well defined 'One Drink' policy? In the past it helped us numb the pain of the slow downgrading of everything now has actually perhaps opened my eyes a bit wider to the seriousness of the situation.

Do I have sower grapes not flying First Class, hardly. Am I a complainer? Not at all. Once you have been on Mission stations in Africa you can hardly be an arrogant, picky eater even if you tried.

I don't fit your profile, I get it. You want the high fliers only and the boys with the big bucks and actually wish our time wasting economy fliers would fly off the planet but graciously tolerate us and while scheming to buy planes that only 'serve' business customers.

We now get 60% less air miles on an Economy flight and you need to fly around the globe about 40 times before getting any benefits whatsoever.
God forbid one of the creme de la creme of BA are to fly 'World Traveller' for one day. Then things would change I am sure.

All I know is that the BA we have been supporting and flying is gone.

We had great friendships, great laughs and BA has been the best Airline in my opinion worldwide hands down. We have proudly promoted BA wherever we go. I have even wiped your restroom floors and toilet seats when dirty out of embarrassment for 'our' faithful British Airline.

Goodbye old friend....
Old Jun 27, 2017, 2:58 pm

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
Good grief.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 3:25 pm

I didn't realize Wi-Fi was available on BA planes at the moment other than BA's LCY-JFK service. So how is OP posting his complaint while in the middle of his BA flight?
Old Jun 27, 2017, 3:30 pm

Welcome to Flyertalk.

Sorry to sound a git, but I'm afraid the rambling lunatic tone of the letter means BA will just dismiss it.

If you reword in a more factual, less eccentric fashion, BA will at least send an irrelevant response rather than ignore your rant entirely.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 3:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

You can't beat a good love turned to hate BA story.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 3:37 pm

Programs: Varies
I understand how disappointing it is to be a loyal customer and to experience such a decline in service. Loyalty doesn't pay any more. I had a hard time explaining that to my parents, who doggedly stuck to companies they'd been long-term customers of - despite being ripped off and disregarded. And yet I myself still doggedly stuck with BA, for some reason. I'd bought into the advertising and I still hoped they'd act like the World's Favourite Airline. But I've finally and reluctantly come to terms with the fact that things have changed. Unless you can afford status with BA, you need to shop around for good service. And even if you have status (my worst service experience on BA was after I achieved gold), loyalty doesn't necessarily mean you won't be better off flying with a better airline.

P.S I apologise for the rudeness of some other posters here. Your post is interesting and valid to many people here.

Last edited by ttama; Jun 27, 2017 at 3:39 pm Reason: Apologies for rudeness of other posters
Old Jun 27, 2017, 3:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
What 'One Drink' policy?
Old Jun 27, 2017, 4:45 pm

edit: nvm

Last edited by LookNoWings135; Oct 11, 2017 at 12:22 pm
Old Jun 27, 2017, 4:48 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nish81
ive just started dipping into the world of 'travel hacking' (or whatever the name is) and I can't understand why so many people value avios when BA may be the worst ever airline I've flown (easyjet has been better).
Who says you need to fly BA to earn avios or redeem avios for only BA flights? It's quite possible to do both without having to step on a BA plane if that's how you feel about them.

I am not sure earning avios and redeeming for flights qualifies as hacking anything.

Last edited by KARFA; Jun 27, 2017 at 4:56 pm
Old Jun 27, 2017, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Shakies
Dear BA
Welcome to FlyerTalk Shakies. I hope you find your way to some more enjoyable flights soon!

ive just started dipping into the world of 'travel hacking' (or whatever the name is)
I call it "travelling".
and I can't understand why so many people value avios when BA may be the worst ever airline I've flown (easyjet has been better).
Very easy to earn Avios, whether flying in premium classes or through credit card spend or the myriad of other ways. I know EasyJet has "EasyJet Plus" but it is hard to claim it is comparable to the Ececutive Club.

In terms of spending power Avios go along way on Cathay Pacific, Qantas, and LATAM when you are in Asia and South America. Avios are also good for short hops inside Europe on BA.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 5:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I can't understand why so many people value avios when BA may be the worst ever airline I've flown (easyjet has been better).
Care to explain why your BA experiences have been so awful?

As for Avios....it's the currency for the BAEC reward programme. Many of its members, even Gold card holding ones regularly tell us BA is crap so you're not alone.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 7:03 pm

edit: nvm

Last edited by LookNoWings135; Oct 11, 2017 at 12:22 pm
Old Jun 27, 2017, 10:47 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA

I am not sure earning avios and redeeming for flights qualifies as hacking anything.
I agree. It's a ridiculous term that seems to stem from those ridiculously annoying adverts/posts on Facebook. They are not 'hacks' but simply some suggestions (most of which are useless).
Old Jun 27, 2017, 10:53 pm

Programs: BA Silver
BA must have an early version of Churchill on its in flight movie selection.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 10:55 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
1. If OP really wants to send this letter to BA, nobody will read it - too long and not focused enough on what the issue is...

2. If OP flies regularly to TLV, there are limited choices: LY is not part of any alliance, LH flies with narrowbody aircraft with no IFE. LX might be the best bet...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.