Wiki Posts
Search

Swedish Travel Agent for GUFs

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2017, 11:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Swedish Travel Agent for GUFs

Do any of you know a good Swedish travel agent who knows how to issue a ticket using a GUF? My current travel agent can't access the SEK POS fares, and fares in USD are roughly double.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 11:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Must it be a Swedish travel agent? Doesn't Propeller Travel sell tickets with Swedish POS for Swedish clients?
Old Aug 21, 2017, 1:10 am

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold, LH FTL, FBP, CCG, HH Diamond
Just use Propeller Travel. They may not charge you in SEK, but you'll get the price for an SE POS.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 5:33 am
Original Poster

Propeller actually is the travel agent who doesn't have access to Swedish points of sale. Apparently they can only use GUFs with UK/US/CA points of sale.

Anybody any experience with Sweden?
Old Aug 21, 2017, 5:38 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by LCY8737
Propeller actually is the travel agent who doesn't have access to Swedish points of sale. Apparently they can only use GUFs with UK/US/CA points of sale.

Did you try Amex?
Old Aug 21, 2017, 6:41 am

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold, LH FTL, FBP, CCG, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LCY8737

That sounds strange. I've used them before and I'm ex-ARN.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 6:48 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by agehall
POS and point of origin must not be the same. POS will determine fare bucket availability and point of origin will determine fare rules. It is perfectly reasonable to book an ex-ARN flight with UK POS, charged in GBP.

However, BA very often will show different availability ex-EU to ex-UK for the same LHR-XXX flight, sometimes even with so-called married-segments. As an example, I once called BA in the US to book BRU-LHR-LAX-HNL because the LHR-LAX CW sector was only available in D class with an ex-BRU and ex-LHR POS but was available in I class with an ex-US POS. He who looks around is often rewarded.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by agehall
Thank you agehall! Did you book a GUF with them?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.