Digital Concorde Card

Old Aug 21, 2017, 3:19 am
Original Poster

Digital Concorde Card

Does anyone know why BA does not have a digital Concorde Card?
Old Aug 21, 2017, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I don't really think that there is a 'why'.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 3:21 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by TheRealBabushka
When a club is that 'exclusive', you shouldn't even need a card = ) Fingerprints would be cool! I guess name and face should suffice.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 3:22 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I think there was a thread that the standalone CCR card is going and your CCR access would be noted on your GGL card in future. If this is the case I would imagine it should also show on your digital GGL card in the BA app.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 3:42 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by KARFA
I think there was a thread that the standalone CCR card is going and your CCR access would be noted on your GGL card in future. If this is the case I would imagine it should also show on your digital GGL card in the BA app.
There was indeed. Good question about whether the digital GGL card will then include the CCR information too! ^
Old Aug 21, 2017, 3:53 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
it would be good.

I thought I had misplaced my card for this membership year (which they sent what feels like ages ago before my renewal was up) so I called them and requested a replacement (as that's not possible on the website) and nothing ever came through.

I did, however, find the card in a pile of old mail so all is good. but be good to not have to worry about physical cards (though they also have a book with our names - I've seen it).

first world problems.

Happy Monday.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 5:11 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by TheRealBabushka
Probably same reason why there isn't a BAEC card for Apple wallet (something other FFP offer)
Old Aug 21, 2017, 5:32 am

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
I find that a photo on my phone of your CCR card suffices. Given that the card itself does not even have a magnetic strip, I've had no issues with this approach.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 5:42 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
When a club is that 'exclusive', you shouldn't even need a card = ) Fingerprints would be cool! I guess name and face should suffice.
Like your thinking!
Old Aug 21, 2017, 8:52 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by WorldLux
Probably same reason why there isn't a BAEC card for Apple wallet (something other FFP offer)
There's a digital version of your BAEC card in the BA App. To me, that is a more logical place to look (plus of course is consistent across different platforms).
Old Aug 21, 2017, 10:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Hilton Gold, Nordic Choice Gold
Originally Posted by gms
There's a digital version of your BAEC card in the BA App. To me, that is a more logical place to look (plus of course is consistent across different platforms).
Company apps are fine but they can be slow to open and you normally need a connection to access any details. Otherwise, why do airlines support Apple Wallet for boarding passess if their app does the job?

I would love more European businesses to embrace Apple Wallet (I could easily lose KLM, BA, Nectar and Tesco cards from my wallet). Costa seems the best compromise, they have an app but if you just want to store the card details in Apple Wallet, you can just do that as well. Stocard is OK but doesn't work in all situations.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 12:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
Excellent! Do you know when this might be rolling out? At the moment, even the lounge dragons aren't able to see one's CCR status from their system. You'll need to call the BA call centre to confirm pax's CCR status.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 12:58 am

Originally Posted by tigertanaka
Company apps are fine but they can be slow to open and you normally need a connection to access any details. Otherwise, why do airlines support Apple Wallet for boarding passess if their app does the job?
Exactly. App is no replacement for wallet. I occasionally get log off my BAEC account and I wouldn't necessarily want to have to connect to the internet in DXB or IAD to be able to access my card.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 1:02 am

As a compromise, would a small Concorde symbol below the GGL reference, or even top left side work ?

Yes Concorde Lounge is seen as exclusive, but who needs a second card! (For those lucky souls who have Concorde Lounge access, but no status, then maybe retain the current card for them)
Old Aug 22, 2017, 1:26 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Aus_Mal
As a compromise, would a small Concorde symbol below the GGL reference, or even top left side work ?
I believe that is what is going to happen so it is all noted on one card.

Sorry, I can't remember on what timeline the change will occur.
Aus_Mal likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.