Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIV ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Old Aug 5, 2016, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by dw
Great find! Looks like the changes (other than sign up bonus) are:

- annual fee now $450
- card is now a Visa Infinite
- Lounge Club becomes Priority Pass Select
- no more club upgrades
- new $100 off airfare discount, fulfilled through Visa Infinite (note that the T&Cs imply that you may be restricted to certain airlines or flights for each itinerary)
Big questions to me are:
1. Is it a different product than the Visa Signature version?
2. Is it under 5/24 rule now?
Old Aug 5, 2016, 12:12 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by dukerau
Big questions to me are:
1. Is it a different product than the Visa Signature version?
2. Is it under 5/24 rule now?
From my call with them, current holders are being switched over.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 12:23 pm

it seems that lounge access for new card doesn't have free guest access as before
Old Aug 5, 2016, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by vah4883
it seems that lounge access for new card doesn't have free guest access as before
Ugh. If true, that would mean it's the worse version of Priority Pass Select (the one the Amex Plat has), not the better version (Citi Prestige)
Old Aug 5, 2016, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
I edited the wiki to show the new 3 night offer.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 12:56 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by aradisc
Ugh. If true, that would mean it's the worse version of Priority Pass Select (the one the Amex Plat has), not the better version (Citi Prestige)
These are not different versions. Citi chooses to absorb the cost of one or two guests as a marketing tool. Most card issuers do not.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
I edited the wiki to show the new 3 night offer.
Link was broken. I replaced with link from post #412
Old Aug 5, 2016, 1:52 pm

Just decided to wing it and apply, way way way over 5/24. App pending, so pretty much confirmed its effected. 750 FICO, diverse credit, no real reason to deny.

Edit:
Uh well nevermind I guess. Just called the app status line to put my mind at ease, and I was approved. No 5/24 here for the new infinite card.

Last edited by Bretyost; Aug 5, 2016 at 2:27 pm
Old Aug 5, 2016, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by Bretyost
Just decided to wing it and apply, way way way over 5/24. App pending, so pretty much confirmed its effected. 750 FICO, diverse credit, no real reason to deny.

Edit:
Uh well nevermind I guess. Just called the app status line to put my mind at ease, and I was approved. No 5/24 here for the new infinite card.
Good to hear! You can't ever assume anything from an app going pending.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by mia
These are not different versions. Citi chooses to absorb the cost of one or two guests as a marketing tool. Most card issuers do not.
I'm pretty sure Chase does the same thing as well. I've used my Lounge Club card through my RC card to guest in up to 3 people multiple times and never been charged for extra guests.

It sounds like the only bummer about this offer is the $15,000 minimum CL for the Visa Infinite. I'm hoping my Visa Signature isn't converted to a Visa Infinite if that's the case.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by Big4Flyer
It sounds like the only bummer about this offer is the $15,000 minimum CL for the Visa Infinite. I'm hoping my Visa Signature isn't converted to a Visa Infinite if that's the case.
Applied earlier today and approved for $27k.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by Troopers
Applied earlier today and approved for $27k.
Do you already have a visa signature one?
Old Aug 5, 2016, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by Big4Flyer
I'm pretty sure Chase does the same thing as well. I've used my Lounge Club card through my RC card to guest in up to 3 people multiple times and never been charged for extra guests.

The CL on mine is $10,000 Hope it's not possible that they're pulling a BoA AS card maneuver and issuing different levels of cards based on worthiness.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by hiima
Do you already have a visa signature one?
Nope.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 3:47 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Bretyost
The CL on mine is $10,000 Hope it's not possible that they're pulling a BoA AS card maneuver and issuing different levels of cards based on worthiness.
Mine is around $8k and they said on the phone that it was migrated. Where is everyone getting the $15k minimum for infinite cards? I heard $5k for signature and have a card below that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.