Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIV ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Old Aug 5, 2016, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by United747
Mine is around $8k and they said on the phone that it was migrated. Where is everyone getting the $15k minimum for infinite cards? I heard $5k for signature and have a card below that.
Requirement for infinite is 15k, when applying. Like signature requires 5k.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 3:53 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by hiima
Requirement for infinite is 15k, when applying. Like signature requires 5k.
I'm just curious where you found that/how you know. Some of the Canadian visa infinite cards say $5k CAD minimum. Nothing I can find says $15k.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 4:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
I'm just curious where you found that/how you know. Some of the Canadian visa infinite cards say $5k CAD minimum. Nothing I can find says $15k.
I think the city national bank app said ur. The only other US infinite card.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 5:40 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
I want to keep my visa signature - certainly hope that is possible.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by hiima
I think the city national bank app said ur. The only other US infinite card.
Best I can tell is that in Canada, $20,000CAD credit limit OR NPSL is required to have a visa infinite. $20k CAD is just over $15k USD.

EDIT:I was able to log into the visa discount air website with my current card number.

Last edited by United747; Aug 5, 2016 at 8:21 pm Reason: see above
Old Aug 5, 2016, 11:27 pm

Best I can tell is that in Canada, $20,000CAD credit limit OR NPSL is required to have a visa infinite. $20k CAD is just over $15k USD.

EDIT:I was able to log into the visa discount air website with my current card number.
This is not true. I am based in Canada. The minimum CL for Visa Infinite is CA$5K. We do have another higher end tier - Visa Infinite privilege, which requires 200k income and minimum CL is 100k
Old Aug 6, 2016, 6:56 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
After failing to log in yesterday - I can log in today.

Nice additional perk.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 7:15 am

Programs: Enough
Got this card a couple weeks ago, reduced credit limit to $1500, got AF refunded. I have emailed Chase to upgrade to new sign-up bonus, and can access the $100 air page.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by tonywush
This is not true. I am based in Canada. The minimum CL for Visa Infinite is CA$5K. We do have another higher end tier - Visa Infinite privilege, which requires 200k income and minimum CL is 100k
Good to know. Thanks
Old Aug 6, 2016, 7:38 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer

Nice additional perk.
I'm a brand new cardholder (got the card 3 days ago). Seems like I got in under the wire, I have a Signature and the $395 fee. So I called in and confirmed I would get the new benefits (as well as the old). They said I would be enabled for Visa Air Discounts by 8/16. I would be grandfathered with same annual fee. Most important for me was they said I would be grandfathered for club upgrades as well, those would continue. Good news!

I asked about getting the 3 free nights/5K spend (vs my 2 nights/4K), they said they would likely be able to push that through as well.

So looks like best of both worlds!
Old Aug 6, 2016, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by dw
Great find! Looks like the changes (other than sign up bonus) are:

- annual fee now $450
- card is now a Visa Infinite
- Lounge Club becomes Priority Pass Select
- no more club upgrades
- new $100 off airfare discount, fulfilled through Visa Infinite (note that the T&Cs imply that you may be restricted to certain airlines or flights for each itinerary)
I see no point in holding the card if the club upgrades are removed. That would be an awful benefit to lose.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 9:06 am

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Originally Posted by sig05
I see no point in holding the card if the club upgrades are removed. That would be an awful benefit to lose.
I totally concur - it is a horrible move. I only have the card for the club level upgrades.

Edit:

[QUOTE=Governator;27024005]I'm a brand new cardholder (got the card 3 days ago). Seems like I got in under the wire, I have a Signature and the $395 fee. So I called in and confirmed I would get the new benefits (as well as the old). They said I would be enabled for Visa Air Discounts by 8/16. I would be grandfathered with same annual fee. Most important for me was they said I would be grandfathered for club upgrades as well, those would continue. Good news!

I asked about getting the 3 free nights/5K spend (vs my 2 nights/4K), they said they would likely be able to push that through as well.

So looks like best of both worlds![/QUOTE]

Oh that sounds like great news about the club level upgrade grandfathering.

Last edited by pharmawalk; Aug 6, 2016 at 9:16 am Reason: didn't see governator post
Old Aug 6, 2016, 9:46 am

Existing cardholder here. $1500 credit limit.
I just tried putting my card number into the visa air discount and it lets me do a mock booking for two tickets with $100 off.

So maybe all cards are migrated to infinite?
Old Aug 6, 2016, 1:30 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer

Nice additional perk.
I can also log in into the Visa Infinite luxury hotel collection website (though the number of hotels on that site is abysmal, as well as the geographic distribution of those).
Old Aug 6, 2016, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by slivrflyr
Existing cardholder here. $1500 credit limit.
I just tried putting my card number into the visa air discount and it lets me do a mock booking for two tickets with $100 off.

So maybe all cards are migrated to infinite?
+1

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.