Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2016, 10:32 pm
Suspended

If I applied for the old Chase Ritz card in Dec 2014, can I apply for this card and get the bonus?
Old Aug 6, 2016, 11:08 pm

Programs: Inf Elite CO, lifetime AA Platinum
Bonus

Originally Posted by pacolovestacos
If I applied for the old Chase Ritz card in Dec 2014, can I apply for this card and get the bonus?
The web site says that you can have the card or received a new card bonus within 24 months. So maybe wait a few months to see if the deal is still active?
Old Aug 7, 2016, 12:38 am

Too bad that you have to use the Ritz card for the infinite airfare discount. Those of us with United cards need to use the United cards to get free baggage.

It would be great if the United club card was upgraded to infinite.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by sig05
I see no point in holding the card if the club upgrades are removed. That would be an awful benefit to lose.
I was thinking the same, there are lots of other cards for $450 with better benefits, some people will keep it for gold elite status after $10k in charges, me personally I would prefer a free hotel night or 2 over club access.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by thesipguy
I was thinking the same, there are lots of other cards for $450 with better benefits,
And what cards are those? I doubt you would find a better $450 AF card coming close to the Chase Sapphire Reserve with the 100K point bonus. There is simply nothing remotely close.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by slivrflyr
Too bad that you have to use the Ritz card for the infinite airfare discount. Those of us with United cards need to use the United cards to get free baggage.

It would be great if the United club card was upgraded to infinite.
Agree completely. Seems like a great perk until you realize that you just lost your free bags. For two of us to travel with bags, it is going to cost be $100 on baggage fees, which completely offsets the the $100 discount. They are forcing you to use the $300 credit reimbursement.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 9:13 am

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
In my opinion RC/Chase are trying to position this card to compete with the Amex Platinum, which is a bummer for me because both were great products previously and it worked very well having accounts with both. In combination with a couple other cards (Delta Reserve and Hilton Surpass) - things were great.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by pharmawalk
In my opinion RC/Chase are trying to position this card to compete with the Amex Platinum, which is a bummer for me because both were great products previously and it worked very well having accounts with both. In combination with a couple other cards (Delta Reserve and Hilton Surpass) - things were great.
So, if you didn't have any of those cards, and had to start from scratch, and had to pick just one card, which would it be?
Old Aug 7, 2016, 9:37 am

Anyone know if chase would still let you lower the credit limit to a low enough point to waive the annual fee on the Ritz Card like they did in previous years?
Old Aug 7, 2016, 10:01 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by edealinfo12345
So, if you didn't have any of those cards, and had to start from scratch, and had to pick just one card, which would it be?
It really depends on your travel patterns. For me, I'd take the AmEx Plat. (Along with a cheaper, non-AmEx card)

I like it for SkyClub access, FHR, SPG gold, Boingo, and Centurion lounges. And to a lesser extent, Priority Pass.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 10:28 am

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Originally Posted by United747
It really depends on your travel patterns. For me, I'd take the AmEx Plat. (Along with a cheaper, non-AmEx card)

I like it for SkyClub access, FHR, SPG gold, Boingo, and Centurion lounges. And to a lesser extent, Priority Pass.
I agree - it depends what where you travel, what airline you fly on and what hotel chain you frequent the most.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 11:36 am

It mainly depends on what airline you fly and if airfare is your main travel goal. I would get the new chase sapphire reserve because of the high signup offer rumored to drop on August 21st and the high 3x return on travel and dining. Plus, you can build on that portfolio with freedom unlimited and ink cards. M

While I do have the Amex platinum and the everyday preferred card Amex has not kept up to the point of the fee being worth it. Plus as a one card it's 1x earn rate blows. The only reason I've been keeping it is because I've been successful at scoring retention offers last couple of years.

My personal fav is the United club card. 1.5x on all spend plus it helps me hit the $25k PQD waiver. I also value full United club membership which gets me into star alliance lounges. There is risk with this card and that's because you're captive to United and if they devalue the miles you are not hedged.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 1:43 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
And what cards are those? I doubt you would find a better $450 AF card coming close to the Chase Sapphire Reserve with the 100K point bonus. There is simply nothing remotely close.
We are not discussing that card - BTW it doesn't even exist yet and all We know are RUMORS
Old Aug 7, 2016, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by blitzen
We are not discussing that card - BTW it doesn't even exist yet and all We know are RUMORS
Right, just rumors that have been confirmed by pictures of the actual card itself and the pamphlets and brochures that have been distributed to the branches showing a 100k offer for $4,000 spend.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 9:12 pm

SM'd Chase and they moved all but $1500 from my visa infinite Ritz Carlton card, that I haven't even received yet. Seems to me to be a slam dunk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.