Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Old Aug 8, 2016, 8:37 am

The Ritz Carlton rewards page now states the complementary nights and directs to the new offer. It also states Club Level upgrades.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 9:00 am

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Originally Posted by Troopers
The Ritz Carlton rewards page now states the complementary nights and directs to the new offer. It also states Club Level upgrades.
Interesting - I can't find that particular advertisement. From what I can see on the Ritz site, the 3 Club level upgrades are only available to those Platinum Elite members that have the card, not those members with gold elite status (which comes with the card).
Old Aug 8, 2016, 9:05 am

I called JPM (back of the ritz card number) yesterday and confirmed the following:

- my $1500 will be switched to visa infinite and that the infinite bennies (like airline) are effective now

- priority pass will be the same kind that comes with palladium. I specifically wanted to confirm if guests will be included and the rep wasn't specific but said that the decision is driven by lounges. The online verbiage doesn't mention guests either. But IIRC prestige does explicitly mention guests doesn't it? And so did the old verbiage for the lounge club ritz benefit?

- upgrade certs remain as an annual benefit

- $395 AF is grandfathered (hopefully so does the $1500 trick)
Old Aug 8, 2016, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by pharmawalk
Interesting - I can't find that particular advertisement. From what I can see on the Ritz site, the 3 Club level upgrades are only available to those Platinum Elite members that have the card, not those members with gold elite status (which comes with the card).
See below...I don't see the club level upgrades in the term offers though.

Old Aug 8, 2016, 9:50 am

Programs: HH D, MB G, IHG P, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by slivrflyr
I called JPM (back of the ritz card number) yesterday and confirmed the following:

- my $1500 will be switched to visa infinite and that the infinite bennies (like airline) are effective now

- priority pass will be the same kind that comes with palladium. I specifically wanted to confirm if guests will be included and the rep wasn't specific but said that the decision is driven by lounges. The online verbiage doesn't mention guests either. But IIRC prestige does explicitly mention guests doesn't it? And so did the old verbiage for the lounge club ritz benefit?

- upgrade certs remain as an annual benefit

- $395 AF is grandfathered (hopefully so does the $1500 trick)
Thanks for the info. I was curious about the Priority Pass as well, but hope the Lounge Club membership with the current guest policy continues to work. I am also curious as to whether the $100 GE benefit will apply to old cards that are being transitioned. I'd also be curious to know whether transitioned cards are eligible for the 10k points that come with adding an AU (doubtful, since the language specifies within 3 months of account opening). Lastly, here's to hoping the $300 airline incidental reimbursement benefit eventually adopts a structure similar to that of the rumored CSR. ^

Last edited by ncSam; Aug 8, 2016 at 11:45 am
Old Aug 8, 2016, 9:58 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by slivrflyr
... priority pass will be the same kind that comes with palladium. I specifically wanted to confirm if guests will be included and the rep wasn't specific but said that the decision is driven by lounges.
The lounge decides how many guests you can bring, but Chase determines if you will be charged for those guests. The lounge only records the number of people admitted.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 10:07 am

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
See below...I don't see the club level upgrades in the term offers though.

Only place I was able to find anything about 3 club level upgrades: http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/rewards/benefits/platinum
Old Aug 8, 2016, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by pharmawalk
Only place I was able to find anything about 3 club level upgrades: http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/rewards/benefits/platinum

If you click the Learn more, it takes you directly to the link in the Wiki.

This LINK takes you to an offer with the 3 upgrades and continues to the landing page.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Hard to tell from the Wiki if the AA gift card was denied due to amount or can they tell based on the transaction whether it's worth it.

Anyone successfully get an AA gift card reimbursed? What about 500 mile upgrade certs?

Also, for those of you successful and over 5/24, anyone near 12/12?

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 8, 2016, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by beachfan
Hard to tell from the Wiki if the AA gift card was denied due to amount or can they tell based on the transaction whether it's worth it.

Anyone successfully get an AA gift card reimbursed? What about 500 mile upgrade certs?

Also, for those of you successful and over 5/24, anyone near 12/12?

Thanks in advance!
They can tell, it says gift card on the transaction line. 500 mile upgrades are fine.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by ncSam
Thanks for the info. I was curious about the Priority Pass as well, but hope the Lounge Club membership with the current guest policy continues to work. I am also curious as to whether the $100 GE benefit will apply to old cards that are being transitioned. I'd also be curious to know whether transitioned cards are eligible for the 10k points that come with adding an AU (doubtful, since the language specifies within 3 months of account opening). Lastly, here's to hoping the $300 airline incidental reimbursement benefit eventually adopts a structure similar to that of the rumored CSR. ^
I did ask for the 10k AU bonus but the rep said it is for new cards. Getting matched beyond six months after opening is a stretch. Plus given that my AF was refunded due to CL I don't mind flying under the radar.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 12:24 pm

Club upgrades

https://www.ritzcarltonrewardscard.com/privileges

HOTEL PRIVILEGES

Upgrade to The Ritz-Carlton Club Level*

The more personal comfort of The Ritz-Carlton Club Level is yours. Upgrade your stay three times annually on paid stays of up to seven nights. Subject to availability at the time of your reservation. Advance reservation and e-certificate is required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

To use one of your three Club Level Upgrades e-certificates, please call or have your travel professional contact the dedicated Reservations line at 1-800-542-8680. To view available e-certificates, simply log in to your Ritz-Carlton Rewards account at www.RitzCarltonRewards.com and select “Account Activity.”

$100 Hotel Credit*

Enjoy a complimentary $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

To reserve your Hotel Credit, please call or have your travel professional contact The Ritz-Carlton Reservations at 1-800-542-8680 and request the $100 Hotel Credit offer for The Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card, or visit www.RitzCarltonRewards.com/exclusiverewards.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by hiima
They can tell, it says gift card on the transaction line. 500 mile upgrades are fine.
Thanks!

I suppose telling them you used it for upgrades doesn't work.

I forgot a key question- are the free nights capacity controlled. How hard eould it be to get 6 consecutive nights in Maui in say September 2017 if I booked in January.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 12:37 pm

Just applied and approved!
This was last Friday.

Update: my account reflects gold status, and 3 club level upgrades loaded.

08/08/16 Reward RCC1 CLUB LEVEL UPGRADE UP TO 7 NTS-1 0 points Ordered
08/08/16 Reward RCC2 CLUB LEVEL UPGRADE UP TO 7 NTS-2 0 points Ordered
08/08/16 Reward RCC3 CLUB LEVEL UPGRADE UP TO 7 NTS-3 0 points Ordered
Old Aug 8, 2016, 12:39 pm

This was last Friday.

Update: my account reflects gold status, and 3 club level upgrades loaded.

08/08/16 Reward RCC1 CLUB LEVEL UPGRADE UP TO 7 NTS-1 0 points Ordered
08/08/16 Reward RCC2 CLUB LEVEL UPGRADE UP TO 7 NTS-2 0 points Ordered
08/08/16 Reward RCC3 CLUB LEVEL UPGRADE UP TO 7 NTS-3 0 points Ordered
Did you get the new public offer of 3 nights certificates and 5k spend?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.