Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2017, 7:16 pm

those who reduced CL to get 1st year AF waived: did you get charged with 2nd year AF, if so how much? i want definitive answer.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 8:00 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by runb4fun
i want definitive answer.
Doesn't seem to be one:

Originally Posted by blitzen
I didn't get charged the annual fee for the 2nd year. Let's see what the next anniversary brings.
Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
just charged AF on 2nd year with $1k CL. Convert to what card? thanks
Old Jun 28, 2017, 12:52 am

those who reduced CL to get 1st year AF waived: did you get charged with 2nd year AF, if so how much? i want definitive answer.
I got my annual fee refunded. Do I still get the $300 travel credit annually?
Old Jun 28, 2017, 5:07 am

Originally Posted by jack_d12
Yes
Old Jun 29, 2017, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by jack_d12
what was your CL at?
Old Jul 5, 2017, 5:11 pm

I did not get charged.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 8:17 pm

$395 AF finally posted on 7/1/17 (going into the 3rd yr of this card). Got a retention offer of $150 statement credit

Last edited by thuctrang; Jul 5, 2017 at 8:35 pm
Old Jul 7, 2017, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by thuctrang
$395 AF finally posted on 7/1/17 (going into the 3rd yr of this card). Got a retention offer of $150 statement credit
I just had the exact same experience, down to the day of the annual fee and retention offer. I wonder if we both signed up for the card the same day! I didn't decide on whether to keep the card or not, although I'm leaning towards canceling, just so I can get the free RC nights again.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by Big4Flyer
I just had the exact same experience, down to the day of the annual fee and retention offer. I wonder if we both signed up for the card the same day! I didn't decide on whether to keep the card or not, although I'm leaning towards canceling, just so I can get the free RC nights again.
If you'd be willing to pay the annual fee then you might as well cancel and sign up for the card again to get the 3FN.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 6:54 am
mia

Moderator action

Discussion of the Priority Pass membership has been consolidated here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...erve-ritz.html
Old Jul 11, 2017, 1:35 pm

No problem matching to 3FN today. This has gone on longer than 90 days since the 3FN ended - wonder when they will stop.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by Willbur
No problem matching to 3FN today. This has gone on longer than 90 days since the 3FN ended - wonder when they will stop.
did you call or send an SM?
Old Jul 12, 2017, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by Willbur
Is the low CL for no AF thing stick working?
Old Jul 12, 2017, 7:23 am
mia

Originally Posted by skipss
Is the low CL for no AF thing stick working?
Scroll BACK just a few weeks and read forward.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by thuctrang
Aw sucks. I'll see when my 3rd annual fee hits in February if it comes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.