Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator PERSONAL Card (2016 - 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 28, 2016, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Personal Card
Click here to get the same offer (see below) with the annual fee waived the first year. First try entering code 999999 in the box at the top of the page. Apparently this offer is from an AA employee selling the card inflight, but it seems to be open to everyone. But publishing that employee's code online could get the employee in trouble. If 999999 doesn't work, use employee code 356467. Note: You will NOT get a $99 Companion Certificate as part of your bonus when the annual fee is waived.
Language from the web offer page: Anniversary Companion Certificate: Each anniversary year; earn a Companion Certificate good for 1 guest at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after spending $20,000 on purchases and your account remains open for 45 days after your anniversary date. There is NO LANGUAGE in this offer regarding a "complimentary" companion certificate.

AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard
1. 70K offer https://cards.barclaycardus.com/cred...0-8f2f74651285 DEAD

2. 60,000 bonus miles and $99 Companion Certificate after first purchase and paying the $99 annual fee
Offer landing page: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/card...astercard.html

The offer fine print:
The primary cardmember will earn sixty thousand (60,000) AAdvantage® bonus miles after a purchase is made on the card account within ninety (90) days of card account opening and the annual fee has been paid. Please allow 4-6 weeks for the AAdvantage®bonus miles to be deposited into your AAdvantage® account. Balance transfers and cash advances do not qualify as purchases. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.

In addition to the sixty thousand (60,000) AAdvantage® bonus miles, the primary cardmember will earn one (1) domestic economy fare American Airlines introductory Companion Certificate redeemable for one (1) companion ticket at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after a purchase is made on the card account within ninety (90) days of card account opening and the annual fee has been paid. Please allow 8-10 weeks for delivery of the Companion Certificate after the qualifying purchase has posted to your card account and the annual fee has been paid. Balance transfers and cash advances do not qualify as purchases. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.

This one-time offer is valid for eligible cardmembers. You may not be eligible for this offer if you currently have or previously had an account with us in this program.
There are data points indicating that this is not always enforced: See posts 439, 496, 514, 516, 517, 538, 835

As of Sept. 2017, most people applying for an Aviator card are being denied, "instantly" by a computer, if they already have an Aviator card open. As of Dec. 2017, most people applying for an Aviator card are being denied, even by recon, if they already have an Aviator card open. It had been that current and previous Aviator Red (US Airways Converted) cardmembers were not subject to the 24-month restriction. This seems to have changed as far as current card holders applying for a second, concurrent card. (See posts #185, 193, 194, 195, 198, 199, 211, 220, 247, 290, 527, 529, 532)

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Business Card, see this thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...-card-50k.html

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

RECON. PHONE NUMBERS
Reported phone numbers to call for reconsideration include 866-371-4787, (post 303), 866-205-5973 (post 659), 866-408-4064 (multiple posts), 866-408-4065 (from post #2 in recon thread), 866-369-1283 (from post #7 in recon thread). Other posters have called the general customer service number and asked to be transferred to a credit analyst.

It appears that if your SUB includes the $95 AF (annual fee), Barclays doesn't post the AF until the 2nd statement. Thus, it will be a min. of 2 statements before you see your SUB points. This is only if the SUB requires the AF (as opposed to some SUBs that just have the $x,xxx in purchases with no AF).

There have been at least two cases in July 2023 where Barclays posted the AF prior to the first statement. In both of those cases, the cardholder paid the AF and other balance prior to the closing date. The SUB was issued as of the first statement for one these accounts. It may be the second one was too close to the closing date.

Posting of points from Barclays SUB to AA seem to take 3-7 days after the SUB posts on the Barclays Statement.

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator PERSONAL Card (2016 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2017, 12:56 pm

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by mpeterson78
Can confirm. I've been denied for the Aviator Red twice now. First was in January after closing my previous USAir converted Red, and second was a few weeks ago. I've opened a couple of other cards in that timeframe. Might need to wait a year or so without applications to get the Red.
I used to have a Barclaycard. I used to have the non-rewards Apple version of their card. I never really saw anything great about doing business with them. Before they had JetBlue I couldn't see why anyone would look to their card lineup. Unfortunately by the time I really understood credit cards like I do now it was too late and I already gave them a ton of money in interest and swipe fees. Even their Ring card didn't appeal to me, and does even less so now that they've taken all of the useful features away from it.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
DP: Have a grandfathered USAirways Card now Red Aviator that I keep because the annual bonus miles are worth the annual fee (and the occasional waived bag fee and the Zone 1 now Zone 5 when I fly AA).

Applied for a new one last week and was approved on the spot. Don't have any other CCs from Barclays. Applied for the Citi AA Platinum on the same day and was also approved (applied for AA Plat first). Before this I hadn't gotten any new cards since CSR (was at probably 6/24 but 2 of those are about to drop off). Based on the insert that came with my new card it looks like they pulled from TU.

Will report back if there are any issues with the miles posting
Old Jun 27, 2017, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
I got the 40K miles bonus on the Aviator Red W/E MC in April. Now that it's up to 50K will Barclay match and give me the extra 10K miles?
Originally Posted by maverick17
Usually will match if application was within last 30 days before the move higher.
How did you make out on the match ?

I received a Wyndham 30K card about 8 days ago and a 45k offer came out today and Barclay is refusing to match.

In the past I was able to get a 40K arrival matched to 50K and several US air cards matched so I wonder if things have changed or I got a bad agent.

I will PM again tomorrow morning
Old Jun 28, 2017, 12:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Any DP's yet of anyone getting the card Dec 2016 or later and a 2nd one again since then?
Old Jun 28, 2017, 1:46 am

Programs: AAdvantage
AAdvantage Aviator Red Mastercard

Originally Posted by ecgz88
I have a existing red card by US Airways Merger, Can I downgrade to a no annual fee card and re-apply for this one?
Hello, I recently applied for the Aviator Red card after receiving an application in mid flight. This was for a 50k bonus miles, plus an extra 500 miles plus the actual miles of the flight with an annual $95 fee from Barclay card.
Since my credit was locked, I chose to do the online application and wait to be contacted. After a little more than a week, I received a letter asking me to call with additional information, which was to unlock my credit. After doing so and calling the 800 number, I was handed off to the security department. They requested that I mail a copy of my social security card, drivers' license and a utility bill. I was quite surprised by this request. I called back two times and spoke to different people, but they too requested I send in those same documents, and that this is their security policy.
Did anyone else who applied for this credit card experience the same request for S/S card, drivers license and utility bill?
I have never had to do this for a credit card application before.
Needless to say, I will not be doing business with the Barclay Bank anytime soon.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by ricmic8560
IThey requested that I mail a copy of my social security card, drivers' license and a utility bill. I was quite surprised by this request. I called back two times and spoke to different people, but they too requested I send in those same documents, and that this is their security policy...I have never had to do this for a credit card application before.
Needless to say, I will not be doing business with the Barclay Bank anytime soon.
Unfortunately, due to your CR being locked, you came under scrutiny of the Fraud department, which obviously has different procedures than the credit department. Sort of like being randomly selected by the TSA for a secondary screening. This happened to the DW one time with Chase, which we thought was weird since she'd had multiple Chase cards for years, and had several open at the time.

But we wanted her to get that card, so she sent in the copies. Not hat difficult all, and well worth doing to get the signup bonus. I don't really understand why you are writing off any and all sign up bonuses from Barclays forever over this.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 11:53 am

Hello, I recently applied for the Aviator Red card after receiving an application in mid flight. This was for a 50k bonus miles, plus an extra 500 miles plus the actual miles of the flight with an annual $95 fee from Barclay card.
Since my credit was locked, I chose to do the online application and wait to be contacted. After a little more than a week, I received a letter asking me to call with additional information, which was to unlock my credit. After doing so and calling the 800 number, I was handed off to the security department. They requested that I mail a copy of my social security card, drivers' license and a utility bill. I was quite surprised by this request. I called back two times and spoke to different people, but they too requested I send in those same documents, and that this is their security policy.
Did anyone else who applied for this credit card experience the same request for S/S card, drivers license and utility bill?
I have never had to do this for a credit card application before.

I had that issue with my dad at Barclay and his credit was not locked. I answered questions only a family member would know ( such as what states his kids lived in) plus the usual DOB, SS # , etc and they still wanted him to mail ID for verification

A few months ago I applied him for an Arrival card and it was approved. I will never cancel all of his Barclay cards again as he had Barclay cards a few years ago and after they were all cancelled is when the problems started where they wanted him to mail hi SS card, etc
Old Jun 28, 2017, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by flyer4512
How did you make out on the match ?

I received a Wyndham 30K card about 8 days ago and a 45k offer came out today and Barclay is refusing to match.

In the past I was able to get a 40K arrival matched to 50K and several US air cards matched so I wonder if things have changed or I got a bad agent.

I will PM again tomorrow morning
PM's again and even called in for the match to the 45k offer that came out 2 weeks after I applied. No dice, seems as if Barclay won't match better offers ( at least for Wyndham cards) anymore.

Last edited by flyer4512; Jun 28, 2017 at 12:05 pm
Old Jun 28, 2017, 6:35 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Talking AAdvantage Aviator Red Mastercard Disappointment

Originally Posted by RobertHanson
Unfortunately, due to your CR being locked, you came under scrutiny of the Fraud department, which obviously has different procedures than the credit department. Sort of like being randomly selected by the TSA for a secondary screening. This happened to the DW one time with Chase, which we thought was weird since she'd had multiple Chase cards for years, and had several open at the time.

But we wanted her to get that card, so she sent in the copies. Not hat difficult all, and well worth doing to get the signup bonus. I don't really understand why you are writing off any and all sign up bonuses from Barclays forever over this.
Robert, I don't fly that often and yes 50k bonus miles are nice to have. But not if the lender is going to be a jerk about it. I have excellent credit and i can going to any bank a get a credit card. It's their loss not mine. I can go to Citi card and get the miles deal.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 7:20 pm

Robert, I don't fly that often and yes 50k bonus miles are nice to have. But not if the lender is going to be a jerk about it. I have excellent credit and i can going to any bank a get a credit card. It's their loss not mine. I can go to Citi card and get the miles deal.

But the Citi deal also involves you spending $3,000
1readyset2go likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 6:48 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
... I can go to Citi card and get the miles deal.
...and Citi may ask you for the same type of authenticating documents. Read here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...solidated.html

A request to verify identity has nothing to do with your credit worthiness, but rather with making sure that someone else isn't using your identity.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 8:33 pm

Programs: Hilton, Marriott, Club Carlson, AA, UA, AS, SQ, AF
I did not receive my anniversary miles this year (it might be because I got a retention offer with the AF waived). I sent a DM and the rep said that the anniversary miles are only for the first anniversary. That is wrong because my other US Airway (I mean Aviator) card has received 10,000 miles the last 4 years of anniversary. Time to call I guess.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by merice107107
I did not receive my anniversary miles this year (it might be because I got a retention offer with the AF waived). I sent a DM and the rep said that the anniversary miles are only for the first anniversary. That is wrong because my other US Airway (I mean Aviator) card has received 10,000 miles the last 4 years of anniversary. Time to call I guess.
Keep us updated. You are the first I've read not getting.

By the way, getting fee waived and retention bonus did not affect me getting my anniversary bonus on 2 cards earlier this year.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 7:41 am

This came up about 2 years ago, some cards were getting anniversary bonus just once and others get it every year. I think Frequent Miler or another Boarding Area blogger had a post on how to see which type of card you have, and it might be in previous threads covering this card and its history as well.

It was somewhere on your account page that discussed "How My Rewards Work". IIRC it was random as to which card you got, i.e. not certain application links or time period of applications that didn't get the bonus more than once. But I could easily be wrong on that part. And this could be something unrelated of course, too.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by maverick17
This came up about 2 years ago, some cards were getting anniversary bonus just once and others get it every year. I think Frequent Miler or another Boarding Area blogger had a post on how to see which type of card you have, and it might be in previous threads covering this card and its history as well.

It was somewhere on your account page that discussed "How My Rewards Work". IIRC it was random as to which card you got, i.e. not certain application links or time period of applications that didn't get the bonus more than once. But I could easily be wrong on that part. And this could be something unrelated of course, too.
Click on Rewards and Benefits. Then click Earning AA Miles.

If you have the 10,000 anniversary miles it will be listed as a benefit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.