Search

New flight display/info on searches

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2017, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
New flight display/info on searches

Recent change possibly from overnight, but with the flight result listing being different now, I observed that if you click on the individual flight, it no longer has a small popup box with the flight info... instead it has a huge overlayed window that has the info spread out over a large area and is difficult to quickly access and read.

A similar situation happens if you click on the results when it says 'multiple cabins' but is even worse because now you have to go to another pulldown tab and click on the individual flights to see what classes you are actually in. Previously it had a small window that showed the class/cabins which was especially useful if a trip was split into first and economy.

Why did they do this? It has a ton of marketing fluff to show off the benefits of comfort+ and first/business, but it extremely annoying to quickly view or navigate. You have to take extra clicks and scroll/parse through a bunch of extraneous info to get what used to be contained in one small popup.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by rylan
Why did they do this? It has a ton of marketing fluff to show off the benefits of comfort+ and first/business...
You answered your own question.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 7:25 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Recent change possibly from overnight
It was there yesterday; Possibly even the night before. I noticed a few nuances in the page layout. I didn't have the energy to try'n figure what all was new. I figured someone else would do it!

Thanx, someone else!
Old Jun 22, 2017, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Yeah, they took info that was easily available with a single click, and made it into a multi page/tab/pulldown effort. And you can't even tell if you are booked in mixed cabins (one segment first, next coach etc) until you select the flight to go to purchase now.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
They've also messed up the booking function on m.delta.com and DL APP. Try booking JFK-LAX/SFO. Used to be First/D1 was one selection. Now it offers them separate. In the app selecting First/Business (which most would) shows all the nonstops, but says not available. You then have to swipe to D1 tab from FC tab. Most would think it means there's no seats available and wouldn't swipe over. Also it only shows refundable fares. You have to select main cabin and swipe to D1 to show the D1 nonrefundable cheap fares.

On m.delta.com it has separate selection for choosing FC/D1 instead of a combine FC/BUSINESS. However then it does the separate tabs for FC/D1, with FC showing first, and of course not available for the nonstops. Have to swipe to D1 tab for the nonstops to show available.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 10:47 am

I think it rolled out over the weekend. I was having a lot of problems logging on and it went full time on Monday. The main booking page bearable, but the pop up window is useless!!!! Its too big. If I clicked on it viewing the full website on my smartphone, I would be screwed as I wouldn't be able to navigate the window to close out of it. The upgrade eligible/available no longer works. Its just says every flight has an upgrade available or ("not upgrade available") if the flight is not eligible for upgrades. It is annoying they keep effing with the website. The old site wasn't that broken, why break it more??
Old Jun 22, 2017, 11:22 am

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by The Situation
I think it rolled out over the weekend. I was having a lot of problems logging on and it went full time on Monday. The main booking page bearable, but the pop up window is useless!!!! Its too big. If I clicked on it viewing the full website on my smartphone, I would be screwed as I wouldn't be able to navigate the window to close out of it. The upgrade eligible/available no longer works. Its just says every flight has an upgrade available or ("not upgrade available") if the flight is not eligible for upgrades. It is annoying they keep effing with the website. The old site wasn't that broken, why break it more??
It seems to have been rolled out ~a week ago during the whole IT kerfuffle.

The window doesn't look too bad aesthetically, but it results in a big waste of time. I know the benefits of C+ and D1, just show me the flight info!

I'm not an impulse D1 buyer, but some people may be. That's probably part of the marketing.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 12:07 pm

Programs: WN, AA, UA, DL
It's definitely been up for a few days.

The new info is all marketing and zero functionality. More difficult to find simple info like the food service offered.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Yeah, they took info that was easily available with a single click, and made it into a multi page/tab/pulldown effort. And you can't even tell if you are booked in mixed cabins (one segment first, next coach etc) until you select the flight to go to purchase now.
It's almost like DL and Amex have the same web team:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...x-website.html
Old Jun 22, 2017, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Yeah I noticed the new Amex website too. Seems eveyone is deciding things that look flashy on a tablet or phone, and forget about actual functionality or the full website.

Oh and yes I saw how D1 flights show up as First on the full website instead of D1, and it says 'multiple cabins' but you can't find out what they are until you go to book.

Also noticed that the flight info class/bucket is displayed incorrectly when you select the outbound for multi-segment itin... a BOS-SIN that I picked in U outbound then appeared at the top of the page but in B until I select the return.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 6:50 pm

Programs: DL Plat/SC 1MM, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Sam's Club
Is this an improvement or an enhancement? LOL
Old Jun 22, 2017, 7:48 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
I noticed this change on Saturday (6/17).

Seems eveyone is deciding things that look flashy on a tablet or phone, and forget about actual functionality or the full website..
Yes. I hate "mobile only" design (and in this case I'm not so sure it's any better on mobile) as it generally means large wastes of space on desktops. (It's possible to make a site that looks good on both mobile and desktop, it just seems that most sites don't know how.)

Side rant... Check out this terrible example, which takes up my entire desktop window (and even then barely fits), just to render a username/password box: https://www.empireblue.com/login/
Old Jun 22, 2017, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by boeingATL
Is this an improvement or an enhancement? LOL
Lol, definitely not the improvement
Old Jun 23, 2017, 2:41 am

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
one annoying thing I noticed. When I was trying to book a flight Bos to SFO in D1, it shows only the nonstop, which leaves at 7am. Says no availability in D1 for BOS-JFK-SFO, because on JFK-SFO is D1, despite there being seats available on both flights. Anyone know a workaround besides calling the DM desk?
Old Jun 23, 2017, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Quinlanty
one annoying thing I noticed. When I was trying to book a flight Bos to SFO in D1, it shows only the nonstop, which leaves at 7am. Says no availability in D1 for BOS-JFK-SFO, because on JFK-SFO is D1, despite there being seats available on both flights. Anyone know a workaround besides calling the DM desk?
See my post above. You have to swipe over to D1.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.