The Waldorf Hilton, London {GBR}

Old Mar 19, 2016, 2:22 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by treppenlaeufer
Thanks wizla. Good news about the removal of the breakfast surcharge for Diamonds, that did annoy me (and somewhat irritated to hear that the Conrad appears to be going the opposite direction).

How was the water in the pool - I remember it as very milky/cloudy - has the water quality improved?
Yeah it was crystal clear but fairly cold ( I like that personally)..... It's had a bit of a refub too.....lick of paint and new sun loungers.
It was quiet too, there was only myself, my mate and some guy asleep on a lounger ......bliss!
Old Apr 6, 2016, 9:15 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Hello....four night stay here 3/23-3/27 and absolutely loved it! We used points for a standard queen room and had paid for a room with two double beds. The double room was upgraded to a King Executive Suite, which was very nice! It had a king bed, a pull out couch, and two bathrooms which was perfect for three people. The second room was also upgraded to a suite, too. We were very surprised at the upgrades because we never get upgraded even as a Diamond, so it made our stay in London very special for our family. The service here is amazing, every staff person acknowledged us, asked if they could help us, and was very friendly. The concierge was helpful and gave us some excellent dinner recommendations.

The Executive Lounge was never very busy in the morning and had a nice selection for breakfast. We never ate anything there in the evening but did enjoy some nice drinks. It was much busier in the evening but we always found a place to sit and relax.

This is an excellent hotel and we would stay here again. Later in our trip we stayed at the Conrad London.....I'd pick the Waldorf over the Conrad in the future. I can't recommend this hotel enough!
Old Apr 6, 2016, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by kwcinnc
Hello....four night stay here 3/23-3/27 and absolutely loved it! We used points for a standard queen room and had paid for a room with two double beds. The double room was upgraded to a King Executive Suite, which was very nice! It had a king bed, a pull out couch, and two bathrooms which was perfect for three people. The second room was also upgraded to a suite, too. We were very surprised at the upgrades because we never get upgraded even as a Diamond, so it made our stay in London very special for our family. The service here is amazing, every staff person acknowledged us, asked if they could help us, and was very friendly. The concierge was helpful and gave us some excellent dinner recommendations.

The Executive Lounge was never very busy in the morning and had a nice selection for breakfast. We never ate anything there in the evening but did enjoy some nice drinks. It was much busier in the evening but we always found a place to sit and relax.

This is an excellent hotel and we would stay here again. Later in our trip we stayed at the Conrad London.....I'd pick the Waldorf over the Conrad in the future. I can't recommend this hotel enough!
Yep, I agree.....I've had nothing but great service there every time I've stayed ( except one breakfast mishap at Xmas) and it's become my favourite choice of hotel whilst in London.......I've not tried the Conrad yet, perhaps one day, but the lack of pool and sauna diverts me black to the Waldorf every time.....thanks for the trip report.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 4:35 am

I'm here again tomorrow night guys , no preupgrade yet but it's early.......will do the usual live trip report.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 4:41 am

Programs: BA, Hilton, Lufthansa, Skywards, Sofitel, IHG
I've stayed here a couple of times and would rate it lower than: Park Lane Hilton, Canary Wharf Hilton (apart from position being better). And the evening meal - not great!
Old Apr 7, 2016, 6:44 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by ElleBeeTee
And the evening meal - not great!
Not really supposed to be a meal!
Old Apr 7, 2016, 12:01 pm

Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
Waldorf Hilton - it is a "Hilton" or "Waldorf Astoria"?

Looking at booking the Waldorf Hilton in London. For the purposes of HHonors Gold benefits is this a "Hilton" or a "Waldorf Astoria" property?

Thanks for any help
Old Apr 7, 2016, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by so3003
Looking at booking the Waldorf Hilton in London. For the purposes of HHonors Gold benefits is this a "Hilton" or a "Waldorf Astoria" property?

Thanks for any help
It's a " Hilton " and has no connection with Waldorf Astoria at present......I'm there tomorrow night.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 12:08 pm

Just checked booking and I'm preupgraded to and exec room on 5 th floor for tomorrow night, first exec level upgrade I've scored here.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wizla
It's a " Hilton " and has no connection with Waldorf Astoria at present......I'm there tomorrow night.
+1
A regular Hilton (albeit in a historic building)
Old Apr 7, 2016, 1:12 pm

Programs: BA, Hilton, Lufthansa, Skywards, Sofitel, IHG
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Not really supposed to be a meal!
I should have said 'dinner'!
Old Apr 7, 2016, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by ElleBeeTee
I should have said 'dinner'!
So then not referring to the EL?
Old Apr 7, 2016, 3:55 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Are you US based> I have a theory Americans are upgraded in preference here....

Its on my avoid list, 3 stays, never more than a 1 cat upgrade on 1 night stays, amongst other things, have been treated way way better elsewhere.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by Skimanant
Are you US based> I have a theory Americans are upgraded in preference here....

Its on my avoid list, 3 stays, never more than a 1 cat upgrade on 1 night stays, amongst other things, have been treated way way better elsewhere.
No mate, I live in Norwich.......I'm in the same boat as you, only ever upgraded from basic to deluxe in all my stays......this time to execute, however the room they preassigned has changed three times, I've now locked it in on OLCI.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 9:05 am

Arrived 1-30 pm after a rather easy drive down from Lincoln this morning, London traffic was for once on my side.
Upgraded to exec and I chose one on second floor via OLCI......room not ready so we ( my lady and I ) went to tibits restaurant for some lunch......had a slow wander back for 3-05 and told room ready and our luggage was a there........room is fairly large, super king bed , large bathroom and spotless!.....I think I chose well..... Now typing this from the lounge, it's half full.....sandwiches, cakes and scones exactly the same as always ( check my older trip reports)....... Nice vibe as always.
We are here to relax this weekend so no gym but we are gonna lounge around the pool/ sauna for an hour or so, then in the lounge tonight.....we may go and see a show yet, will see...... but we both quite tired so maybe not?......will report back!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.