Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Waldorf Hilton, London {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2016, 10:56 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
.....pool and sauna was nice and peaceful, layed around for an hour, nearly fell asleep.......now arrived in lounge early as it can get packed in here just after 6pm......it's now 5-50pm......food and booze not out yet.....there is 17 people in here so far it's fairly empty......will report back!
Old Apr 8, 2016, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by wizla
Arrived 1-30 pm after a rather easy drive down from Lincoln this morning, London traffic was for once on my side.
Upgraded to exec and I chose one on second floor via OLCI......room not ready so we ( my lady and I ) went to tibits restaurant for some lunch......had a slow wander back for 3-05 and told room ready and our luggage was a there........room is fairly large, super king bed , large bathroom and spotless!.....I think I chose well..... Now typing this from the lounge, it's half full.....sandwiches, cakes and scones exactly the same as always ( check my older trip reports)....... Nice vibe as always.
We are here to relax this weekend so no gym but we are gonna lounge around the pool/ sauna for an hour or so, then in the lounge tonight.....we may go and see a show yet, will see...... but we both quite tired so maybe not?......will report back!
If you want to see a good show see "The Play that went wrong" across the street from the hotel if you can get tickets. Very funny show and you can't beat the convenience to the theater. Only thing is you might not be able to get tickets for the same day, when I was in London it was sold out for the first two days I was there.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
If you want to see a good show see "The Play that went wrong" across the street from the hotel if you can get tickets. Very funny show and you can't beat the convenience to the theater. Only thing is you might not be able to get tickets for the same day, when I was in London it was sold out for the first two days I was there.
Hey , thanks for the recommendation, if we do pop out it will be to the comedy club in Leicester Square, we have both been worked hard and we may just relax in the Lounge.....however thanks again for the tip, I may just do that some day.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 12:25 pm

Programs: BA, Hilton, Lufthansa, Skywards, Sofitel, IHG
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
That same group has another play with a similar idea - recommend it if you like slapstick humour!
Old Apr 8, 2016, 12:26 pm

Programs: BA, Hilton, Lufthansa, Skywards, Sofitel, IHG
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
So then not referring to the EL?
No, now I understand the confusion, I meant the evening meal in the 'posh' restaurant. Not terrible but not memorable either.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 2:18 am

......had a nice time in the lounge last night, it did fill up around 6-15pm so the advice to get there early is good advice.....however it did empty out a bit later on......nice vibe, nice service and great canapés.
We left around 9pm and went to the comedy store in Leicester Square....good laugh.....got back at 2 am I can recommend this place!
WINE - red white and a great prosseco.

BEERS - becks and kronenberg

CANAPÉS- veg kebabs, sweet corn and spicy chicken.....great cheeseboard, some salads , cold meats, smoked salmon and bruschetta.

Off for a swim now and then breakfast, gonna try the restaurant if no que.....will report back!
Old Apr 10, 2016, 2:20 am

........pool area empty....bliss.....had quick swim and then off to breakfast, we went to the restaurant, it was 10-30 and it was very quiet......gotta say it was very nice, tasty and hot........the selection of cereals here is poor as in there ain't many but they do have some nice Bircher musli and granola pots which were delicious.....service was god too... We finished with coffee in the lounge.
As we were late to bed and late to rise I asked if I could get a late check out to 2 pm so we could go for a walk along Thames, " no problem " said the FD .....so off we went.
We checked out a few mins before 2pm, car was swiftly brought around for me and we were on our way.
CONCLUSION- yep, another great stay...as a recommendation a lot of the rooms here are of all different shapes and sizes but I can confirm that exec room 215 is quiet and fairly large, the bed is firm but very comfy, the shower is good and the bathroom is big too.....the view is not great, it's across the rooftops of the inner courtyard , but I would trade this against the noise of the front rooms.....next stay I will request this room!.
There was one incident a packet of my lady's cigarettes went missing during the turn down service and to be honest this did taint things a little......I spoke to management and they are very sorry and embarrassed that this could happen and an investigation has been opened, if I'm honest I'm not to bothered, it's only a pack of fags, but they have taken it very seriously which I guess is reassuring, the manager is going to email me.
Apart from that we thoroughly enjoyed the stay and of course will return.
ROOM NO - 215
NEXT STOP - Hilton stansted ( 28th April - day stay )

Last edited by wizla; Apr 12, 2016 at 8:46 am Reason: Additional information added
Old Apr 16, 2016, 3:08 pm

I'm a HH gold and staying here next month. What's the best strategy for getting an upgrade? Asking at check in or sending an email in advance?

Thanks!
Old Apr 19, 2016, 8:01 am
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Gold Benefits

I am down to gold and going to London for a night. Are there any benefits as gold here?
Old Apr 19, 2016, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by poker620
I'm a HH gold and staying here next month. What's the best strategy for getting an upgrade? Asking at check in or sending an email in advance?
Originally Posted by thepla
I am down to gold and going to London for a night. Are there any benefits as gold here?
Same as any Gold. Based on availability, good luck!
Old Apr 25, 2016, 4:06 pm

But is it best to ask in advance via email or to ask via checkin, or is there no difference? thanks in advance
Old Apr 25, 2016, 8:23 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, AA EXP
Originally Posted by poker620
But is it best to ask in advance via email or to ask via checkin, or is there no difference? thanks in advance
Why not just do both?
Old Apr 28, 2016, 9:16 pm

Programs: WN ALP, CP; AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Yet another trip report?

My wife and I will be staying there for 3 nights next weekend. Wizla has done a great job, but is anyone interested in another report from the perspective of an American Diamond on a points stay?
Old Apr 28, 2016, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by CJNoobie
My wife and I will be staying there for 3 nights next weekend. Wizla has done a great job, but is anyone interested in another report from the perspective of an American Diamond on a points stay?
I've stayed there three times as an American diamond, always points stays. This is a good redemption property.

Never had a suite or exec room upgrade. Last time I was there I was told I was upgraded to a deluxe room on the top floor and it seemed a little bigger than the previous rooms I've had. They couldn't give me an exec room upgrade but it was new years eve. First stay I asked for an upgrade at check in and they couldn't upgrade me but gave me free dinner from room service which I appreciated more than an upgrade and they offered to upgrade the last 2 nights of a 4 night stay but I didn't want to deal with packing my stuff and unpacking.

The only other hotel in London I've had experience with is the Trafalgar. No upgrade at the Trafalgar either. When I stayed there the breakfast was great, continental buffet and was told I could order anything off the menu I wanted as a diamond but I heard that benefit went away.

Exec lounge is good but small, they still have spirits at happy hour. I love the location, near a lot of theaters, shopping, and the underground for covent gardens is only a few minute walk and no transferring trains to and from LHR
Old May 4, 2016, 8:36 am

Programs: WN ALP, CP; AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Thanks Jamesteroh!

Is anyone interested in my experiences from my upcoming stay?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.