The Waldorf Hilton, London {GBR}

Old May 4, 2016, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by CJNoobie
Thanks Jamesteroh!

Is anyone interested in my experiences from my upcoming stay?
Sure. Please do share.
Old May 4, 2016, 8:46 am

Definitely! The more feedback and opinions the better IMO.
Old May 4, 2016, 9:01 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Thanks Jamesteroh!

Yeah please do, I always enjoy reading them and acting upon people's experiences.
Old May 4, 2016, 10:40 am

Programs: WN ALP, CP; AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Thanks for the responses! Will do.
Old May 4, 2016, 11:45 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Thanks Jamesteroh!

Of course ^ , always good to hear from various people staying at a property and as diamonds (or other level), look forward to your review. Safe travels, sure you will at least enjoy this great city!
Old May 13, 2016, 2:12 pm

Recent Stay Report

Originally Posted by BotB
Of course ^ , always good to hear from various people staying at a property and as diamonds (or other level), look forward to your review. Safe travels, sure you will at least enjoy this great city!
My wife and I completed a 3 night stay starting last Friday May 6. We arrived at about 9:00AM to drop our luggage.

In short, we were able to check in at about 1:45 and were upgraded to a King Executive room #405. The room faces the rear of the property and has a view of....... Rooftops and associated equipment. That said, the room was quite nice, large and had an oversized tub, etc. I am an American Diamond member and was on a points stay.

We had a full breakfast each day in the lounge, which is open from 7:00- 23:00 on weekdays and from 7:00-10:00 and 18:00-21:00 on weekends for breakfast and evening canapes. Pro tip: The place is absolutely packed by 18:15 for the evening meal. I was told that diamond members could also get breakfast in the restaurant, but the amenity breakfast was limited.

We took afternoon tea in the restaurant on Sunday. The place was about half full.

Ratings: Front desk and bell staff were absolutely great... They remembered us by name, etc. Very professional but down to earth and friendly. Room was great, clean and I really appreciated the upgrade. Lounge is large but obviously not large enough, as it got very crowded at times. Food in the lounge was a high standard, except for the watery eggs. Great variety as well, both in the morning and evening. The restaurant is beautiful and I thought the tea experience was good. Pro tip: Our tea package was priced at 49 pounds per person but booking on a discount site got it for 28.

The gym hours were limited so I wasn't able to use it but it looked good from what I could see.

I hope this proves useful. If you have any questions, I'm more than happy to answer them.
Old May 13, 2016, 6:46 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-ber-elite status

We had a full breakfast each day in the lounge, which is open from 7:00- 23:00 on weekdays and from 7:00-10:00 and 18:00-21:00 on weekends for breakfast and evening canapes.
Have they changed the exec lounge hours on weekends? IIRC, it used to be open 7:00-23:00 every day.
Old May 13, 2016, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by stanj
Have they changed the exec lounge hours on weekends? IIRC, it used to be open 7:00-23:00 every day.
That's what they told me. I meant to take a pic of the little card they gave me at the desk that showed the hours but forgot to do so and didn't verify by going in mid day. Sorry.
Old May 14, 2016, 1:58 am

That's what they told me. I meant to take a pic of the little card they gave me at the desk that showed the hours but forgot to do so and didn't verify by going in mid day. Sorry.
Hey, first off thanks for the trip report....nice review, as for the lounge hours, I'm 99% sure it's open all day 7 days a week, the last stay I had was on a Friday, on the Saturday I got a late check out until 2 pm......I was in the lounge taking coffee whilst the concierge went to collect my car, this was around 2 pm time on a Saturday afternoon, lounge was deffo open for tea , coffee, soda and they had some flapjacks too.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 9:20 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium (Plat Life), HH G, Amtrak, B6, MR
Just came back from a 5-night stay and wanted to share a few brief thoughts. Arrived around lunch-time, and they had my room ready. Room 620 also had a lovely view of some rooftops and related stuff, which was fine because it contributed to the room being quiet. The room was spacious and the bed was comfortable. I was disappointed that I didn't get to try out the bath tub.

I made the mistake of ordering room service one night. I ordered the chicken pannini. It took over an hour for the food to arrive. The potatoes were described in the menu as crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. The best way I can describe them is "soggy" and perhaps somewhat undercooked. Without going into too much detail, I spent the next day quite uncomfortable, and had nothing but tea, water and crackers to eat. I don't know if it was a coincidence, or if my stomach really didn't like something about the pannini or the potatoes.

The US-format outlet didn't work, and the supposed night light (there was a switch so labeled) also didn't work, or if it did, I couldn't locate it.

I found that housekeeping kept changing out my bath towel every day except the last day, despite me hanging it up.

Other than that, I don't have much to say. I spent very little time in the room itself.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by sxpsxpsxp
J

The US-format outlet didn't work, and the supposed night light (there was a switch so labeled) also didn't work, or if it did, I couldn't locate it.
I thought the same on Saturday at Bankside. There I discovered the switch puts a low light on in the bathroom under the sink. This saves that awful stumbling around during the night hitting random light switches in the room producing an effect similar to an electrical storm.

Speaking of bathroom lights the winner of "you didn't really think this through, did you?" award goes to the numpty who designed the Deansgate Hilton rooms. Even if you successfully avoid the electrical storm and locate the single bathroom light, it shines into the bedroom through an opaque glass partition.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by Pjh104
I thought the same on Saturday at Bankside. There I discovered the switch puts a low light on in the bathroom under the sink. This saves that awful stumbling around during the night hitting random light switches in the room producing an effect similar to an electrical storm.

Speaking of bathroom lights the winner of "you didn't really think this through, did you?" award goes to the numpty who designed the Deansgate Hilton rooms. Even if you successfully avoid the electrical storm and locate the single bathroom light, it shines into the bedroom through an opaque glass partition.
Tip- turn all lights off and use cell phone as a torch for night time toilet visits.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by wizla
Tip- turn all lights off and use cell phone as a torch for night time toilet visits.
D'oh. Good tip. I avoid picking up my phone at night though as it often reveals a message from somewhere in the world requesting my presence on a conference call in half an hour. Not seeing such messages lowers my guilt level about not attending the meeting
Old Jun 27, 2016, 3:46 pm

I thought the same on Saturday at Bankside. There I discovered the switch puts a low light on in the bathroom under the sink.
Ah, I didn't check that out. But oddly I found there was enough light filtering into the bathroom from the window (even at night, and even with the blind drawn) that it wasn't an issue.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 3:47 pm

D'oh. Good tip. I avoid picking up my phone at night though as it often reveals a message from somewhere in the world requesting my presence on a conference call in half an hour. Not seeing such messages lowers my guilt level about not attending the meeting
And that is precisely why I carry two cell phones -- a personal one and a work one.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.