Arrow The Waldorf Hilton, London {GBR}

Posts older than 2016 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the

ARCHIVE THREAD for The Waldorf Hilton, London {GBR}

Links to moved posts should still work.

Kiwi Flyer
Hilton HHonors forum moderator

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Dec 26, 2017 at 12:38 am
Old Feb 16, 2016, 10:30 am

Staying here right now. Was "upgraded" to an "Executive" aka ADA Compliant room as a Diamond.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 10:41 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Frindle
Staying here right now. Was "upgraded" to an "Executive" aka ADA Compliant room as a Diamond.
ADA refers to Americans with Disabilities Act. In the UK, ADA would not apply. For the sake of my UK friends, let's call it an accessible room. We Americans too often forget to show sensitivity to people in other countries. Thanks.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 11:28 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by DCBob
ADA refers to Americans with Disabilities Act. In the UK, ADA would not apply. For the sake of my UK friends, let's call it an accessible room. We Americans too often forget to show sensitivity to people in other countries. Thanks.
Donald Trump did not approve of this posting.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by DCBob
Yeah, just the term I'm used to using for a room like this. No offense meant to anyone that would require one, my point was only that it's an odd upgrade.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What's wrong with calling it a disabled room? That's what it is?

The only difference is in the UK they don't use the term handicapped anymore. How disabled people refer to themselves though could seem quite offensive to outsiders! I won't give examples!
Old Mar 17, 2016, 12:24 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Ok guys, I'm here tomorrow night ( Friday) on a jolly with an old mate......booked twin guest room so far no preupgrade.....will do the usual live trip report and will report back.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 3:34 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Originally Posted by wizla
Ok guys, I'm here tomorrow night ( Friday) on a jolly with an old mate......booked twin guest room so far no preupgrade.....will do the usual live trip report and will report back.
^ hope you have a good trip, will be curious to hear how everything goes.

I nearly booked a room on a whim to see if I could surprise you in the lounge but didn't work out...also, would be better to do CW together with mandc2000 sometime. ^
Old Mar 17, 2016, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by BotB
^ hope you have a good trip, will be curious to hear how everything goes.

I nearly booked a room on a whim to see if I could surprise you in the lounge but didn't work out...also, would be better to do CW together with mandc2000 sometime. ^
Indeed ! Perhaps for my 100th stay ?
Old Mar 17, 2016, 4:09 pm
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Originally Posted by maxandclaude2000
Indeed ! Perhaps for my 100th stay ?
Sounds like a plan...would be good to arrange a mini FT DO ^

When will your 100th be? (or PM me if you'd rather not say publicly but know so I can try to plan this in to my plans please!)

safe travels. ^
Old Mar 17, 2016, 11:53 pm

Ha, botb.....that would have been an awesome surprise!!, we will be in the lounge most of the night too before we hit the west end.....shame it can't happen, after the lounge we go to the comedy store at Leicester Square to watch a show....they have about 5 comedians on and it's a huge laugh, it's only around £8 to get in.......recommend if in London on Friday night.
As for mini do at CW , yep I'm big up for that sometime, Friday's are best for me but can be flexible ^^^
I'm leaving for London in around an hour, so far no preupgrade on the twin guest room however one of the rooms is a " double double " on the 1st floor so I've took a punt and completed olci for this room, may still get upgraded as yet but I'm fairly happy with my choice.
It's just myself and a mate this trip, bit of a jolly no real plan.....will report back after check in.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 10:07 am

Ok....arrived 10-15am...traffic not too bad, concierge took my car and we are ushered to the exec lounge.....checked in, room ready....mildly disappointed as olci said two double beds and its two singles ( room 104).....it's on the small side too on floor one.....our luggage is here and the concierge had already hung my shirt in the wardrobe!....great service.
Bathroom small, monsoon shower over bath, no view.
It's handy as it's just above exec lounge, a 30 second walk.
Now at afternoon tea, there are a couple of folk from Canary Wharf here too, what a coincidence!.
SANDWICHES- ham and mustard, cream cheese and cucumber, smoked salmon.
SCONES - plain and rasin
CAKE - ginger and vanilla slice.

Very few in lounge, nice atmosphere.
Now off to sauna and swim.......will report back later!

Last edited by wizla; Mar 19, 2016 at 2:18 pm Reason: Typo
Old Mar 19, 2016, 2:31 am

Originally Posted by wizla
Ok....arrived 10-15am...traffic not too bad, concierge took my car and we are ushered to the exec lounge.....checked in, room ready....mildly disappointed as olci said two double beds and its two singles......it's on the small side too on floor one.....our luggage is here and the concierge had already hung my shirt in the wardrobe!....great service.
Bathroom small, monsoon shower over bath, no view.
It's handy as it's just above exec lounge, a 30 second walk.
Now at afternoon tea, there are a couple of folk from Canary Wharf here too, what a coincidence!.
SANDWICHES- ham and mustard, cream cheese and cucumber, smoked salmon.
SCONES - plain and rasin
CAKE - ginger and vanilla slice.

Very few in lounge, nice atmosphere.
Now off to sauna and swim.......will report back later!
.........ok, went for swim pool empty and nice and quiet.......we returned to the lounge around 6 pm as it gets full quite quickly, plenty of seats and it remained so all night.
Had a Fantastic evening , got chatting with old friends and drank a bit too much prosseco if I'm honest, by the end of the happy hour there was around 10 of us all sitting around a big table talking, swapping stories, laughing etc.....great time!
CANAPÉS- sausage rolls and pizza, good cheeseboard, salad, cold meats.
WINE - red white and a great prosseco!
BEER - Stella and becks

After we went to the comedy store in Leicester Square, I can recommend this for a good night out, starts at 11pm , £14 entry fee, good laugh.
Returned 2 am..... Now gonna shower and breakfast as I'm too hungover for gym.
GOOD NEWS - I forgot to mention there is now no upcharge for breakfast in the restaurant for diamonds!, the dragon in the lounge told us this at check in yesterday.

Now off to meet last nights crowd in the lounge for breakfast.....will report back!

Last edited by wizla; Mar 19, 2016 at 11:15 am Reason: Typo
Old Mar 19, 2016, 11:13 am

.....took breakfast in lounge, nice spread but I wasn't that hungry, can't believe how empty it was , there was only 8 of us in there........went for a walk over Waterloo bridge to clear my hangover, checked out via the lounge and concierge went to fetch my car it took 5 mins, great service!.

CONCLUSION- I love this hotel, we had a great time, service was impeccable.....I will return soon!

NEXT STOP - Hilton Bournemouth ( Easter Sunday and Easter Monday)
Old Mar 19, 2016, 11:57 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
Thanks wizla. Good news about the removal of the breakfast surcharge for Diamonds, that did annoy me (and somewhat irritated to hear that the Conrad appears to be going the opposite direction).

How was the water in the pool - I remember it as very milky/cloudy - has the water quality improved?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.