Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Fisherman's Wharf - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Centric Fisherman's Wharf - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2008, 10:56 am

Programs: DL Gold, National Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Moflav
The Hyatt sounds like it has had some good improvements. I booked with hotwire for this weekend. How convenient is it to a bike rental store as I really want to bike the Golden Gate Bridge? Any casual must go restaurants near by?
If im not mistaken, there is a bike rental store right in the same plaza as the In-Out burger, right next to Hertz and Avis. If your looking for awesome seafood, I always suggest Scoma's which is about 2 blocks away.
Old May 21, 2008, 12:21 pm

Scomas

I concur, I love Scomas. It is really a hidden gem. Ask directions from front desk. Scomas is out on a pier behind the tourist FW, you go down what looks like am alley.
Enjoy.
Bob
Old May 21, 2008, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by Moflav
The Hyatt sounds like it has had some good improvements. I booked with hotwire for this weekend. How convenient is it to a bike rental store as I really want to bike the Golden Gate Bridge? Any casual must go restaurants near by?

I'm pretty sure there's another bike rental place on Columbus, just a few blocks away, just east of Bay Street/the old Tower Records.
Old May 22, 2008, 5:20 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
Stayed there on May 18th,

Check in was very smooth, the agent asked if I wanted to put add the G1 bonus. Not only that but the bonus actually posted with the stay the next day!

Hotel looks like the rooms have been remodeled. They have flat screen TV's and newly renovated bathrooms with showers only (no tub) but an open feel to the bathroom.

They gave out breakfast coupons for the sports bar, but we had an 8:30 flight so we left pretty well as the restaurant was opening.

On a good not, I parked at a parking meter right in front of the hotel. We left at 6:45 am, and at 7:00 they enforce paying for the meters. So I think I lucked out on the high price parking everyone was talking about. Free wasn't too bad.

All in all a good stay.
Old May 22, 2008, 8:56 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by smilee
...On a good note, I parked at a parking meter right in front of the hotel. We left at 6:45 am, and at 7:00 they enforce paying for the meters. So I think I lucked out on the high price parking everyone was talking about. Free wasn't too bad.

All in all a good stay.
Bingo. My advice to all who stay there. You just have to check the signs and the meters for which side of the street is swept that night. (The other workaround is to turn in your rental car at its Fisherman's Wharf station, and check out another the next morning. Sounds obsessive, but all the majors' outlets are within a small block or two, and it beats ~$50/day.)
Old Dec 26, 2008, 11:26 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Great Customer Service

Stayed here the other night on a promo with a low rate plus $25 F&B credit. Have stayed at the other SF Hyatts numerous times, so was anxious to experience something new. Very nice updated rooms, as others have mentioned; given a room on the 5th floor with a view of Coit Tower. Also has a pool & spa which could be a good perk for those staying in the summer; the other Hyatts do not have pools (except Hyatt SFO).

What stood out for me was the great customer service. My daughter drove us in but wasn't spending the night. I asked the front desk CSR for the closest, reasonable parking garage for about 8 hours. She said just park here I'll charge you $10--because it's raining & it'll be more convenient for you. She also made a point of mentioning that the G1 bonus had been added to my account, per the remark in my online reservation. Then she even credited the Hyatt gift cheque I gave her in a matter of seconds. Wow I was very impressed with her Hyatt knowledge!

I went down in the a.m. to get some real coffee with real cream from the restaurant; no charge, don't worry about it. Youngest daughter forgot some sundry items and there's no gift shop, you have to go down the street to Walgreens. But, again, no worries as housekeeping quickly brought them to the room.

The only thing I would not recommend is Knuckles restaurant. It's being renovated and is located in a conference room off the lobby. Lunch food was disappointing and only about 4 items to choose from. We would have been better off at Denny's for half the price.

Would highly recommend this Hyatt, just avoid eating there for the time being. Hopefully Knuckles will be better (as I've experience at other Hyatts) when it's back in its new restaurant location.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 8:59 pm

Hyatt Fisherman's Wharf San Francisco

Good Evening.

Checked in today, Tuesday 27th of January about 4.30 pm at the Hyatt Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco.

Asked if Knukles , the restaurant bar, was open but was told it was not.

It has been closed for a while for a needed upgrade.

As I came back from dinner at about 7.30 pm I noticed Knukles was full of activity and patrons.

The front desk indicated it was a test and the place was "full".

I was told Knukles should open in a few days .

Too bad the hotel manager did not think I could give knukles a try.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 6:03 am

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Originally Posted by courcoison
Good Evening.

Checked in today, Tuesday 27th of January about 4.30 pm at the Hyatt Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco.

Asked if Knukles , the restaurant bar, was open but was told it was not.

It has been closed for a while for a needed upgrade.

As I came back from dinner at about 7.30 pm I noticed Knukles was full of activity and patrons.

The front desk indicated it was a test and the place was "full".

I was told Knukles should open in a few days .

Too bad the hotel manager did not think I could give knukles a try.
A few days ago I was told that the restaurant will have a dry-run on Tuesday (as you experienced) and will open for business on Friday. The grand opening ceremony was scheduled for mid next week. Hope this helps a bit to explain the situation.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by Steph58
Stayed here the other night on a promo with a low rate plus $25 F&B credit. Have stayed at the other SF Hyatts numerous times, so was anxious to experience something new. Very nice updated rooms, as others have mentioned; given a room on the 5th floor with a view of Coit Tower.
The real catch with some of those rooms (as I found out about a week before you were there) is that at least some of them are setup as connecting rooms. Even though the hotel wasn't particularly full, they decided to put us there for the nice view, but with an occupied connecting room. 7AM the next morning I thought we were sharing our room. (Probably wouldn't have been a problem if we'd been on our original schedule, because we'd planned on getting up early, but because of late flights, we didn't get in till 1AM, so I bet those same neighbors were thrilled with that).

I asked at the front desk later if it was normal that they'd put people in connecting rooms like that even though the hotel wasn't particularly full, and they seemed a bit surprised that it had happened, and figured we were put in the room for the view. Now, that said, I wouldn't say I made much of a complaint, but I will say they went well our of their way to try to make up for the situation (offered to move us, but we were only going to be one more night and be leaving early the next morning anyways, so wasn't worth the effort to us), lowered the room rate, comped the car parking for the night we had parked a car, and left a bottle of wine in the room. Well above and beyond what I'd have expected, so high marks to the front desk staff (like I said, I really didn't make much of a complaint, just questioned if it was normal that they'd put people in connecting rooms like that unless they had to). (Oh, and I think they actually ended up moving the people that had been next to us, which surprised me, but maybe they also complained about us arriving at 1AM).

Room was fairly nice (with the obvious above exception), the breakfast that was included with the AAA rate we booked was decent. Location was real good for us since we were there as tourists.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 10:59 pm

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Just a quick update from tonight's stay:

I was told the breakfast offer for Diamonds is the full breakfast buffet - not any limited continental option. We'll see in the morning.

Parking is $45.

The reference to rooms with no bathtub and a larger remodeled shower apparently refer to king-bedded rooms - I've been in two different double bed rooms and both have a combo shower/tub (and the front desk rep confirmed this design difference). They're sold out of king bed rooms so I can't see one to confirm and as a result I received the room type booked (although the first room had a decent view).

This was the first Hyatt I've stayed at where there was a food option that sounded truly appealing (it was the chips + salsa + bean dip + guacamole). And if I didn't mis-hear the front desk agent, I was instructed to make two food and two drink selections since they don't have a lounge. I guess I should confirm this, because it might tip the balance in favor of food/drink over 1,000 points - especially if you decided to have co-workers/friends/family join you to consume everything.

To be honest, for an extra $20 a night I'd stay at the HR Embarcadero over this place - the lounge and the slightly nicer rooms (IMO) make it worth the minimal premium.

Nevertheless, the staff are as friendly and helpful as I've come to expect from Hyatt - which is to say they're amongst the friendliest hospitality industry employees I've ever encountered.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 1:18 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by vysean

I was told the breakfast offer for Diamonds is the full breakfast buffet - not any limited continental option. We'll see in the morning.
I stayed for four nights in March and breakfast was indeed the full buffet at knuckles at the wharf.

No breakfast charges on checkout with the gratuity included as part of the Diamond breakfast benefit.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 3:00 am

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP

Stayed there recently and we were able to order off the menu and everything was removed at checkout

^
Old Apr 13, 2010, 9:12 am

Inetersting. I'll be interested in vysean's experience, and I thank those of you who've shared their breakfast stories. The last two times I've been there - roughly 18 months ago and 9 months ago - I was told "sorry, no breakfast anymore." Since the breakfast doesn't interest me, I didn't push it. But it does interest Ms. 365.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 9:35 am

Programs: Starwood Gold, Amex Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat
We stayed at Fisherman's Wharf Hyatt twice in the last two weeks. Breakfasts were certainly included for Diamonds. We, 2 adults and 2 children, just charged the breakfast to the room and the whole bill was taken off at check-out.
With SOLOGP promotion, we got $25 dining credit which we used for our lunch. Knuckle's foods are OK, not fancy and not bad.
In our first stay, we were upgraded to a corner king which was on the Bay street side. It was too noisy to stay in that room at night as cars and trucks kept roaming down the Bay street. In our second stay, we asked a room in the inside circle and was granted an upgrade to a oversize two double beds room.
Parking fee of $45 is too much compare to the SOLOGP rate of $119. We just park on street and had no problem finding street parking within two blocks. You just need to read the street cleaning sign to make sure parking during your stay is OK.
Rooms are just fine, nothing spectacular.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Parking is $45.
Two blocks to the right as you exit there is a parking structure next to shopping plaza with $20 or 25 overnight parking (no in/out). I am pretty sure I saw $17 parking nearby in a residential looking building.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.