Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Fisherman's Wharf - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Centric Fisherman's Wharf - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Apr 13, 2010, 5:17 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by azepine00
Two blocks to the right as you exit there is a parking structure next to shopping plaza with $20 or 25 overnight parking (no in/out). I am pretty sure I saw $17 parking nearby in a residential looking building.
Nevermind. See above re street parking option...

Last edited by Firewind; Apr 13, 2010 at 5:22 pm Reason: Redundant
Old Apr 14, 2010, 1:00 am

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by azepine00
Two blocks to the right as you exit there is a parking structure next to shopping plaza with $20 or 25 overnight parking (no in/out). I am pretty sure I saw $17 parking nearby in a residential looking building.
You are referring to the North Point Shopping Center. I work in the vicinity and the "residential looking buildings" that offer parking have variable rates. It depends on the traffic trends. For example...normal weekend it might be $15, but on holiday weekends it might be $30.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 3:38 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold; AA Platinum;Marriott Gold; Hyatt Diamond
Stayed at the Fisherman's Wharf location July 19th and 20th. Nice staff, very helpful. Was upgraded to a two room suite with a very nice living area which was nice with the kids. Pool is outside so for the time we were there when the temperature as in the high 50's it was not useable. Parking is an issue since they want to charge you an exorbinant price, I believe around $50 per night. I chose to go the route of the shopping center I think it was the Anchorage down a few blocks and paid $30 per night. This seemed steep until I caught sight of a tourist come up to his over night street parked SUV with the window busted out and I presume many items stolen!!
Old Sep 8, 2010, 12:28 pm

Hyatt Fisherman's Wharf: Free parking will be even harder to find.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...A5ME.DTL&tsp=1

If you looked, free street parking close to Hyatt Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco was usually possible. Those days are coming to an end, as the city installs a big wave of new parking meters city-wide, including Fisherman's Wharf.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 10:26 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt Explorist, SPG gold
Winter escape promotion

Seems the same as the travelzoo promo, except this one should be counted as an eligible stay. Great thing is parking is included.

T&C

Offer valid for reservations booked between 2/7/11and 2/18/11 for stays between 2/9/11 and 04/30/11 at Hyatt at Fisherman's Wharf. Reservations must be made in advance and are subject to availability. Full prepayment due at the time of reservation. Rate is per room, per night based on double occupancy and not applicable to conventions or groups. Rate incliudes daily valet parking for one car/night and daily full American breakfast for two. Breakfast does not include tax and gratuities or alcoholic beverages. Offer must be used in the hotel restaurant; not applicable for Room Service charges. Rates may change without notice and may vary by days of travel, season or duration. Additional guests may be subject to additional hotel charges. Additional charges apply to room-type upgrades. A limited number of rooms are allocated to this promotion. Cancellation policy is full-prepayment/non-refundable. Promotional blackout periods may apply due to seasonal periods or special events, and normal arrival/departure restrictions apply. Hyatt reserves the right to alter or withdraw this program at any time without notice. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation. © 2011 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 11:39 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Thank you, coterie, but I'm sorry, I believe I'm missing a couple of things here...

-- The offer

-- Booking channel or code

Old Feb 11, 2011, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt Explorist, SPG gold
Originally Posted by Firewind
Thank you, coterie, but I'm sorry, I believe I'm missing a couple of things here...

-- The offer

-- Booking channel or code

No problem. You can go to the Fisherman's Hyatt website, click "Special Offers" and then "Winter Escapes Promotions".

Or the corporate/group# is 13147.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 7:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Dia, HH Gold
Smile

I'm presently at the hotel. Booked on the Hyatt site, free breakfast for 2 (I'm diamond so would get this), free valet parking ($45.00). Upgraded to the presidential suite and all for $119. Good deal.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 1:39 pm

Thank you, coterie.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 9:41 pm

Stay Report

here twice (once last week and once two weeks ago)

Check-In
The lobby had two self-check-in kiosks and three regular check-in. Welcomed to the hotel. Both times upgraded from standard room to some type of suite (first time: VIP suite with the awesome pod seating, and second time: conference suite) WOW! Offered amenity choice and a listing of Diamond benefits at the hotel. I have to say (contrary to what I have said about grass is not greener on the hyatt side) elite benefits with gold passport is pretty awesome. Free internet and breakfast for 2 at knuckles was offered.

Accommodation
VIP Suite: connector parlor to a standard room on either side (whether you choose doubles or king) AWESOME three-room sized room with some awesome furniture, 4 pods seating, massive flat screen, this awesome lie-flat sofa thing in the middle of the room, dual bathroom. Connector standard room is just standard Hyatt decor (but updated). Flatscreen, rainforest showers (in the king-sized rooms, or tub in doubles).

Conference Suite: smaller than the VIP parlor but just as nice. no awesome pod seating though.

Fitness room/Pool
Pool on the 3rd floor, did not try, SF was not weather friendly these days. The 4th Floor fitness room was large with lots of machines and free weights. Supposely one can ask for fitness apparel but i brought my own.

Knuckles
There is no lounge at this property. Breakfast was offered at Knuckles. Breakfast buffet spread was good. An array of hot items, continental items, and pastries. This definitely blows my SPG-oriented mind away.

Service
Everyone seem to be genuinely care about guests at this property. From the valet, to the front desk, housekeeping, and Knuckles, great service all around. On the second stay, I even told the front desk that I was only here for one night and i don't need the parlor connector. Only to be responded that it is there for your convenience and you can enjoy it if you choose to ^^. WOW.

Overall
This property is definitely the best property in the Fisherman Wharf's area (aside from Fairmont Ghirardelli). Stay here and away from the Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf.

Sorry SPG... gotta go with the Hyatt here...
Old Apr 23, 2011, 8:19 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
I am interested in learning about the size/layout of the suites. According to the hotel website, there are 8 suites, but I can't seem to get any details. Thinking about using my Hyatt Visa two free nights in a suite. There will be four in the room (two adults, two children). Many thanks.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by CopperSteve
I am interested in learning about the size/layout of the suites. According to the hotel website, there are 8 suites, but I can't seem to get any details. Thinking about using my Hyatt Visa two free nights in a suite. There will be four in the room (two adults, two children). Many thanks.
It's probably a little late for this response now....but I'm not sure this hotel is worth using your 2 free nights at. I do think this is a nice hotel and it has great customer service, but there really isn't much hotel. Using your upgrades at the Grand Hyatt or the Hyatt Regency is probably a better use.

I'm curious about the suites as well. I used one of my Diamond suite upgrades and was told they booked me in a Junior Suite. That doesn't sound too appealing. Does anyone have any experience in a Junior suite at this hotel?
Old Jun 15, 2011, 11:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat
I stayed at this property recently, tried to use a confirmed suite upgrade, and was told that there was no availability. No big deal.

Upon checking in, I was surprise-upgraded to the "VIP" presidential suite. It may not compare to the much larger and more lavish presidential suites at other hotels, but I am certainly not one to complain about the massive living room and jacuzzi bathtub! The bedroom also had a pretty comfy leather massage chair. Small complaint is that the massive LCD TV didn't receive HD signals!

However, that was all luck. If you use a confirmed upgrade, you'd probably be blocked into one of the smaller suites!
Old Jun 16, 2011, 8:57 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
Thank you, kenbo, for the sound advice. I have decided to use my nights elsewhere.

fsfsfsfs, that is quite an upgrade. Congratulations!
Old Jan 3, 2012, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by fsfsfsfs
I stayed at this property recently, tried to use a confirmed suite upgrade, and was told that there was no availability. No big deal.

Upon checking in, I was surprise-upgraded to the "VIP" presidential suite. It may not compare to the much larger and more lavish presidential suites at other hotels, but I am certainly not one to complain about the massive living room and jacuzzi bathtub! The bedroom also had a pretty comfy leather massage chair. Small complaint is that the massive LCD TV didn't receive HD signals!

However, that was all luck. If you use a confirmed upgrade, you'd probably be blocked into one of the smaller suites!
Just got the presidental suite too! I requested a two bedroom suite via my private agent so they also give me the connecting room with double bed. The best upgrade I've had!^

The hotel restaurant has good deal: $5 entree and $5 drink from 2pm-7pm. On Tuesdays it's all you can eat ribs for $20

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.