Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Fisherman's Wharf - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Centric Fisherman's Wharf - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2012, 6:44 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
I stayed for two nights on points a couple weeks ago. I must say, the service was fantastic. I can tell that they try to maintain a level of service I don't usually see in the US.

I originally checked in on the kiosk, but they ended up moving me to a different room (same room, just on a higher floor). Unfortunately no Presidential Suite for me =)

The diamond breakfast was good. All in all I was impressed.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 5:06 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, HGP ♦; former elite in Hilton, Marriott & DL (just under MM thanks to Leo)
Originally Posted by mattg
... I must say, the service was fantastic. I can tell that they try to maintain a level of service I don't usually see in the US.

... The diamond breakfast was good. All in all I was impressed.
Can you elaborate more on this fantastic service? I found them to be very cookie-cutter at the front desk and not able to "go off the standard script". My room had several small flaws (so IMHO housekeeping/maintenance could use some attention). As for better HR / GH service, I could rattle off a bunch of US hyatt properties I love (seattle) or even just plain better (non-Hyatt Place/House) hotels in US cities.

mmmm, benefit of the Diamond Breakfast was very good here!!!
Old Jul 13, 2012, 10:56 pm

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Fisherman's Wharf Hyatt - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

I have to agree with great service. We were only there for one night. We got upgraded to a 1 bedroom. It was more like a regular room connected to a living room area with another bathroom. At 4 :30 pm we went to our room only to find out that the living room section was clean. The bedroom section was not. The manager felt so bad that she sent wine and chocolate to our room! Then they comped our breakfast and our valet parking! We didn't even complain! And I only have plat status through my Hyatt card. Everyone there was so nice!
Old Jul 14, 2012, 7:25 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, HGP ♦; former elite in Hilton, Marriott & DL (just under MM thanks to Leo)
lol, to each his own. I guess my idea of good service is different. I prefer housekeeping to clean the rooms between guests (not release them to new guests before they are cleaned). I also prefer the front desk to check that my room is ready for me at check-in if there is any doubt. Tossing me a bottle of wine and chocolate is recovery, not service (IMHO).

My appraisal remains the same. Buyer beware, tourist location often equals spotty service.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 9:41 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Comp internet for elite is the following. They also upsell a faster internet for $5 additional.

Old Mar 4, 2013, 1:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by traveling_again
lol, to each his own. I guess my idea of good service is different. I prefer housekeeping to clean the rooms between guests (not release them to new guests before they are cleaned). I also prefer the front desk to check that my room is ready for me at check-in if there is any doubt. Tossing me a bottle of wine and chocolate is recovery, not service (IMHO).

My appraisal remains the same. Buyer beware, tourist location often equals spotty service.
People make mistakes. What counts most is how they fix them.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by seawolf
Comp internet for elite is the following. They also upsell a faster internet for $5 additional.

There was no closer server than KS for a CA hotel?
Old Aug 19, 2013, 6:26 pm

Programs: ex-Delta DM (NWA was nice while it lasted), Hyatt Diamond
Had a two night stay here in July, and was pleasantly surprised. Got a nice, large room (not a suite, but quite large), and, despite the fact that it was sold out, it didn't seem overrun or crowded.

Normally, we stay at the Grand, which we did several days later, and frankly, we were not impressed with it as much. Breakfast in the club (at the Grand) was a total zoo, whereas Fisherman's Wharf seemed calm in comparison. I'm not sure why this location isn't getting the attention the Grand is getting (especially since the Grand closed the restaurant upstairs), but we might make this our property of choice if the price is right. I hadn't been here in years, but I'm glad we tried it out.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 10:01 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Recent Diamond experiences here? Just booked for 2 nights on my points for my wife and I so she can run the Half Marathon that starts 1/2 a mile from the hotel. Looks like free full breakfast buffet, correct? Upgrades don't sound spectacular and it doesn't seem worthwhile to use extra points to guarantee a suite.

Oh, and if anyone has some public transit ideas to get there, it would be appreciated. When we stayed at the HR San Fran, we took BART directly from SFO to the hotel's doorstep. Doesn't seem like an option here, especially since we'll be arriving late. My guess is BART to a certain stop and then a taxi to the hotel (no desire to get a car and pay for outrageous parking)

Last edited by jasonvr; Oct 10, 2013 at 10:34 pm
Old Oct 11, 2013, 12:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by jasonvr
Recent Diamond experiences here? Just booked for 2 nights on my points for my wife and I so she can run the Half Marathon that starts 1/2 a mile from the hotel. Looks like free full breakfast buffet, correct? Upgrades don't sound spectacular and it doesn't seem worthwhile to use extra points to guarantee a suite.

Oh, and if anyone has some public transit ideas to get there, it would be appreciated. When we stayed at the HR San Fran, we took BART directly from SFO to the hotel's doorstep. Doesn't seem like an option here, especially since we'll be arriving late. My guess is BART to a certain stop and then a taxi to the hotel (no desire to get a car and pay for outrageous parking)
I had a Diamond stay there last month. This stay I just grabbed some goodies from the new coffee stop, but in the past I've had the full buffet. I had a suite upgrade a few years ago, and it was quite nice.

As to transportation, its a short walk to the cable cars. The property also has a free limo to the financial district. (Not sure if that's Diamond only or not.) In years past I was always able to park for free on the street, but the city is greedy and have pretty much made sure every millimeter of parking near FW is now metered. There is self-parking a block or so away that can be charged to the room, and is much cheaper. I forgot how much it was.

On this last trip, I stayed at the Grand Hyatt Union Square the night before. The GH is the nicer property IMO, but FW definitely has it's own charm. (I had trouble getting points for about $750 in eligible spend at GH, but GP resolved that quickly).
Old Oct 11, 2013, 12:57 am

I'm there three or so one-nighters a year. Never have had an upgrade. Breakfast amenity hasn't been offered to me in a few years, though I don't care/ask anymore. (See my December 2007 post to this thread; apparently other people are getting breakfast.) I usually take BART to Embarcadero (where HR is) and walk a mile-plus or take the Embarcadero Muni/streetcar and walk a half mile or so (total, both ends); it's pretty much flat.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 5:11 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Dia, AClub Plat, Hyatt Dia, FB Gold, LH SEN, TK *G
I wanted to book the hotel for August '14. Crazy rates at 500 USD per day for normal room.
I then booked at 15k points a night + 76 USD per day to upgrade to a VIP Suite.
Now I feel I'm using my points well
Old Nov 14, 2013, 9:56 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by SeamasterLux
I wanted to book the hotel for August '14. Crazy rates at 500 USD per day for normal room.
What's the $76? 15k/night is for a standard room there. Was that a cash upgrade fee?
Old Nov 14, 2013, 11:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
You are better off booking the Hyatt Regency or Grand Hyatt... unless your travels is taking you to the wharf area this is really a bad area to stay.

#1 Lack of good public transportation
#2 Options for food in the area are poor, just tourist traps
#3 This hotel offers no views and rooms are on the small side.
#4 Area is dead at night
#5 In August the fog in this area can be bad... windy and chilly.
#6 SF Fisherman's Wharf has been voted as one of the most overrated tourist attractions.... believe me it is.

Originally Posted by SeamasterLux
Old Nov 14, 2013, 11:54 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Dia, AClub Plat, Hyatt Dia, FB Gold, LH SEN, TK *G
Originally Posted by jasonvr
What's the $76? 15k/night is for a standard room there. Was that a cash upgrade fee?
Indeed, it's a cash upgrade per night. From a standard room to a VIP Suite which I thought was a pretty good deal.

Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer
You are better off booking the Hyatt Regency or Grand Hyatt... unless your travels is taking you to the wharf area this is really a bad area to stay.

#1 Lack of good public transportation
#2 Options for food in the area are poor, just tourist traps
#3 This hotel offers no views and rooms are on the small side.
#4 Area is dead at night
#5 In August the fog in this area can be bad... windy and chilly.
#6 SF Fisherman's Wharf has been voted as one of the most overrated tourist attractions.... believe me it is.
The GH looked appealing but was in a higher category. Do you consider that it's worth the premium? I appreciate the feedback on the area, I haven't been to SF for 8 years so I can't remember perfectly the areas. I had stayed at the Mark Hopkins at that time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.