Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Fisherman's Wharf - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Centric Fisherman's Wharf - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2013, 8:52 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by SeamasterLux
The GH looked appealing but was in a higher category. Do you consider that it's worth the premium? I appreciate the feedback on the area, I haven't been to SF for 8 years so I can't remember perfectly the areas. I had stayed at the Mark Hopkins at that time.
GH or HR are worth the premium over FW. As mentioned earlier, the FW location is pretty bad unless you want to do the tourist trap deal down there. I stay in the city often and frequent Hyatts on most stays... I would go for the GH if you're looking to shop... or the HR if you're interested in the piers and being closer to the water.

The HR is a 4 and the GH is a 5. Id go with the HR @ 4 any day of he week over the FW property.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 9:26 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Dia, AClub Plat, Hyatt Dia, FB Gold, LH SEN, TK *G
Originally Posted by austin_modern
GH or HR are worth the premium over FW. As mentioned earlier, the FW location is pretty bad unless you want to do the tourist trap deal down there. I stay in the city often and frequent Hyatts on most stays... I would go for the GH if you're looking to shop... or the HR if you're interested in the piers and being closer to the water.

The HR is a 4 and the GH is a 5. Id go with the HR @ 4 any day of he week over the FW property.
Alright, many thanks I'll book the GH then since it's only going to cost me 12k points more for the 4 days.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 9:31 am

I'm trying to book using points and the Regency is unavailable, Grand Hyatt only has ADA Rooms, and Warf is open.

I was really hoping for club level.

Anyone know what my chances could be at reserving the ADA room at the GH and calling to try and get a bump to club level? Stay is March 20-23.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 10:32 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by TravelMutt
I'm trying to book using points and the Regency is unavailable, Grand Hyatt only has ADA Rooms, and Warf is open.

I was really hoping for club level.

Anyone know what my chances could be at reserving the ADA room at the GH and calling to try and get a bump to club level? Stay is March 20-23.
I've booked ADA several times before, and I don't think Ive ever got a room lower than like the 27th floor at the GH. The "club level" spans several floors a couple of which aren't on the club. As long as you're up high... being on the club level doesn't matter too much, IMHO.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 1:47 pm

Has anyone stayed here more recently? I am thinking of booking this hotel in september. Location works really well for me. I been reading Trip Advisor and getting very broad spectrum of reviews. Please let me know. I have no status with Hyatt

my other choice is Courtyard in fisherman wharf but its less economically suitable for me

thank you in advance,
Lenny

Last edited by lenny851; Jun 18, 2014 at 2:55 pm
Old Jul 17, 2014, 7:03 am

This might be too late for you, but we stayed there this year over spring break and had a nice stay. However, we are not terribly picky travelers and had status. In fact, we used an upgrade certificate to get a suite (which was nice). So I can't say what the regular rooms were like. I believe they are about to be renovated, so are probably showing some age. Service was excellent with the only glitch being that they had run out of towels in the pool area and we had to call in for them to replenish (which they did promptly). Location was great if you are doing the touristy thing. Have a great trip!
Old Jul 17, 2014, 8:33 am

Thanks, I already booked it, but its good to hear
Old Jul 19, 2014, 10:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Southwest CP, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
I'm here now. Used a diamond suite upgrade and was supposed to be in a corner room executive suite and had requested a quiet room. We were put in a room called the governors suite which is just an executive suite that isn't on a corner. Also, definitely not quiet as I was woken up at 7am by people protesting Hyatt outside our window with a megaphone. This was especially annoying since we were out til 2am uh taking in the sights. The front desk didn't answer when I called about the protesters. Anyone know why Hyatt is being protested?

Also, property seems average. The suite is kinda beat and not impressive. Wet bar in the suite has no food/beverages for sale. We requested coffee and they brought us coffee that doesn't fit the keurig in our room. Not sure about the breakfast at knuckles. We went down there yesterday to get some food but wound up not eating because it smelled like a dirty dog kennel in the restaurant. So I had one of the worst guinesses of my life and left (sour ank skunky). This is coming from someone who has eaten lunch at a strip club, so it's not easy to kill my appetite.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 10:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat
Quick one night stay here using my Endless Promotion Free night, moved to HR SF the next 2 nights as there were no standard rooms available for the first night.

At check-in, was told that we would get a very nice room and up we went to the 5th floor and had these words "Presidential Suite" on top of the room number.

Massive living room with dining table, and a nice bedroom with a jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. View was meh, Ross Dress for Less.

Too bad we did not enjoy the room as much as we'd liked as it was my wife's first time to SF and the goal was to walk around.

Nothing in mini bar and no wine/water/cheese plate in room when we checked in but didn't bother us.

Breakfast at Knuckles was fine, filled our stomach and didn't have any complaints.

All in all, a good stay, definitely great location if your goal is to hit the Fisherman's area and In and Out burger was just 2 short blocks away!

Tip: There is a laundry room on the 5th floor, same room as the ice machine. They have a vending machine too that sells detergent $2, and washer was $1.50 and dryer was $2 IIRC. Very convenient as we had just spent 5 nights in Chicago.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 10:48 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Finally stayed here for the first time. Typically stay at the HR on Market and had always avoided this property as it didn't sound nearly as good as GH or HR.

For the most part, it was a great stay. We were spending the day and night to watch the Blue Angels and see the ships, and it was perfect.

It was pretty cool that a lot of the staff for the Blue Angels were staying at the hotel and were in/out of the lobby on a regular basis.

Rooms are a bit small, but clean and decent. Quite possibly the quietest rooms I've stayed in.

Hotel is 2 blocks off the main strip for the Wharf and so was not that crowded/noisy/scummy.

Staff is really friendly and helpful.

Parking is $57 for valet, or you can park at Anchorage for $32 (block away). Went to Anchorage first, but they jacked they rate to $60 for the weekend - went back and used valet parking - and front desk even comp'd it because of misinfo on the other garage (and being Diamond).

Breakfast is in Knuckles. Pretty good. Not the best - maybe the first Hyatt breakfast that didn't have smoked salmon for my wife.

Nice that they have a pool (big plus for the kids). But, not a very good one for adults - only 3 feet deep and the shallowest hot tub I've ever been in.

Location is great if you're doing touristy/special event stuff at the pier.

I would actually put this place on the same level as HR Embarcadero (and better than GH).

I think they also have a regular Town Car service to the Financial District M-F. Would be a great feature if here for business with the family tagging along.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

One of the lowest quality Hyatt stays in a long, long time.

Knuckles is closed for renovations, so the "dining room" is more like your local Hyatt House - all white, bad seating and a smaller selection of breakfast food than they had in the original restaurant/bar, yet still same high price.

Check-in took 35 minutes with only 2 staffers, I was in front of the plat/diamond desk and was told to get back in the normal line as the premium desk was "closed".

Luggage elevator is broken, so you need to carry your bags down stairs to get to the elevators. No bellhops were available to assist. Yes - this hotel has only one ground level elevator (the broken one) - the others are are the bottom of stairs.

First room had not yet been cleaned, so got moved.

Second room had black hairs all over the bathroom floor, bugs all over the drain in the shower and a pair of dirty socks sticking out from under the sofa. Sadly, I didn't catch any of this till the next morning, so I moved my bags on top of the desk to keep them clean, told the front desk, and went off to work.

Arrived after a long day, and bed has been made, but the rest of my issues had not been addressed. Socks were still there, as were the hairs.

Moved to third room, Roller shade was broken and would only close halfway. At this point I gave up and just went to bed as it was very late.

Mentioned the issues at check-out, and staff seemed very uninterested, emailed Hyatt Corp to see whether they care. I normally stay at the Grand, but had to be at the FW this time due to its location. Rate was still just under $400/night.

This property needs to shut down for a month or so for a total revamp. The rooms are dated, the facilities are dated and the staff need to be retrained.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 1:20 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

ScottC can you private message me your stay details I would like to help
Old Nov 5, 2014, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K
scottC,

That was a SCARY review - please post if you received any follow-up info.

I'm weary of my four night stay

Last edited by ThreeA4Me; Nov 6, 2014 at 5:10 am
Old May 14, 2015, 2:09 pm

Great Stay at Fisherman's Wharf

I usually stay at the Grand Hyatt or Hyatt Regency, but for this stay they were both too expensive or sold out. The location is not the best for business travelers, but if you are interested in Fisherman's Wharf it is great. I also like to run, so it was nice to be able to run to the Golden Gate Bridge.

They are getting very close to finishing a $10 Million dollar renovation. They still have a temporary front desk and entrance, but they told me they are within two weeks of being finished.

I arrived late and due to my Diamond status they upgraded me to a renovated suite on the 5th floor. The renovated suite was beautiful--giant TV in the front room, interesting chandelier, and spacious bedroom as well. They did a great job with the renovation and everything is fresh and clean.

Breakfast is for diamonds is free for up to 4 people in the new restaurant. I didn't have time to eat in the restaurant, so can't review that part.

They did a great job with the remodel--if only they could do something with the location
Old May 15, 2015, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Good news about the renovations. Previous reviews scared me off of this location but I may have to give it a try.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.