Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Fisherman's Wharf - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Centric Fisherman's Wharf - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2016, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by DrEcon
Yeah, we had the same protesters. It seems as though they have been coming for months.

Unfortunately for us, they came at 5pm on Friday, and then 7am-8am on Saturday. That was a painful wake-up call....
Wow, this would really annoy me. I always stay on East Coast time, though, so I'd likely be up at 5-6 AM in S.F.

Let's hope they make some sort of deal to get rid of these annoying protestors.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 5:29 pm

Have an expiring chase cert and live in SF. Am only Platinum. Is there any advantage to staying here to use the cert?
Old Aug 8, 2016, 11:23 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Fraudulent "misc rental" charge

So a day after checking out the hotel hits my credit card with a $200 charge for a "misc rental" with no explanation. I have no idea what this is about. Thought I'd mention it here in case it happens to someone else.

Anyone have the email of the GM? I'd like responses in writing as opposed to over the phone.

Last edited by SFOPhD; Aug 8, 2016 at 11:23 pm Reason: email request
Old Oct 20, 2016, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by laxsnaogg
Is the Executive Suite large enough for 2 adults and 2 kids (it doesn't indicate if the sofa is a sleeper). I'd be fine fine with roll away beds too.
I don't think this question was ever answered. I just looked and the couch is a sleeper. It appears to be a full-size.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 9:36 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Re: post above, instead of aiming for Suite with sofa-sleeper, ask for Family rooms.

Just back from an overnight stay at this property.

Great value at C&P rate. Didn't bother with a DSU. They were able to switch us up into a "Family" room which turned out to be a King plus a double. I've never seen that setup before. They apparently have no double-queen which is what I'm used to asking for. Otherwise a standard room, but fine for our needs of 2 adults plus 2 children.

Couple blocks from Fisherman's Wharf, great location.

Parking EXPENSIVE like everywhere in SF. However at the front desk when I asked about parking clerk offered me valet at $32 which is same as self-parking rate 2 blocks away. I took it.

I like the Regency better for it's John Portman style and it's lounge, but this place is a close 2nd.

Highlight of our touristing, the Liberty Ship tour and the Musee Mechanique.

Last edited by ElPresidente; Oct 23, 2016 at 10:53 pm
Old Mar 6, 2017, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Can parking be billed directly to the hotel here?

I have an upcoming reward stay here and was hoping ot make use of the free parking benefit.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 1:20 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by navatwal
Can parking be billed directly to the hotel here?

I have an upcoming reward stay here and was hoping ot make use of the free parking benefit.
I was told yes on the phone. You'll need to bring a voucher to the front desk etc. etc. but they said that Globalists should get free parking on award stays.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 9:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH Gold, WOH Globalist
Stayed one night at this property using the cc anniversary free night certificate. No suite upgrade at check in as Globalist, but we were given a larger room on the third floor facing the Holiday Inn across the street. The extra space was nice for three adults in the room. The room was generally in good shape with some cosmetic wear to the furniture. There were connecting doors to the adjacent room on each side of us. Fortunately, noise wasn’t an issue.

We were informed at check in that we could have breakfast for up to four adults, however, our folio showed a charge for breakfast at check out. The FDA removed the charge, and said that there is still confusion about the breakfast policy, and it should be for two adults and two children only. You can order the buffet or off of the menu. Omelettes can be ordered with the buffet at no additional charge.

We didn’t have a car, but the parking fee is waived for Globalists on Award stays. It was a nice leisure stay for us to explore the Fisherman’s Wharf area.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 10:36 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt, Chase Ultimate Rewards
Stayed here last night on an award night. Valet parking was included. Otherwise it's $59 per day!

A card clearly listing the benefits of globalist was provided.

WORLD OF HYATT - GLOBALIST

Breakfast for up to 2 adults/2 children
Receive one 1L bottle of water in room
Complimentary premium internet
Enjoy an upgrade at check in!
Complimentary parking on award nights
4PM late check out, upon request
Old Jun 28, 2017, 12:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
Wow, this would really annoy me. I always stay on East Coast time, though, so I'd likely be up at 5-6 AM in S.F.

Let's hope they make some sort of deal to get rid of these annoying protestors.
I sure hope they don't appease these pests. That will just encourage them.

Years ago, I scheduled a few meetings at this property and the pests would call me and demand I cancel them. I wonder to this day if they paid their callers a "living wage".
Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:04 am

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
Originally Posted by JackE
I sure hope they don't appease these pests. That will just encourage them.

Years ago, I scheduled a few meetings at this property and the pests would call me and demand I cancel them. I wonder to this day if they paid their callers a "living wage".
I've stayed at this property a dozen times since the protests stopped almost a year ago. Hasn't been a problem, and only affected people in rooms facing North Point street (overlooking the entrance). This is a good place to stay if you don't need to be in the Financial District, or in the Union Square traffic. Decent Diamond treatment, surprisingly good location: there are some good little neighborhood restaurants on Francisco Street (the other way from the tourist crowds).
Old Nov 11, 2017, 8:43 am

Is there a club there? I am considering a family trip with a 4 and 3 year old in Feb. I have my Explorist upgrades for Clib Access, but appears these may hold no value here. It's between this location (15k) or Regency (20k). Club access is great with the little ones to grab quick food and drink to keep costs down.

Any advice is appreciated.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 9:28 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by dprocuk
Is there a club there? I am considering a family trip with a 4 and 3 year old in Feb. I have my Explorist upgrades for Clib Access, but appears these may hold no value here. It's between this location (15k) or Regency (20k). Club access is great with the little ones to grab quick food and drink to keep costs down.

The Centric brand generally does not have clubs/lounges. only the Hyatt Regency's and the Grand Hyatt's, some Park Hyatts as well, but rarely.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 11:01 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by dprocuk

There is no club here. If the Grand Hyatt SF (also 20k points) is a possibility, the club includes bacon, sausage, and scrambled eggs in addition to the typical continental fare at breakfast and a couple of hot dishes each night. I didn't pay much attention as I had dinner plans each evening, but it would probably be fine for younger children.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 1:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by skj
If the Grand Hyatt SF (also 20k points) is a possibility, the club includes bacon, sausage, and scrambled eggs in addition to the typical continental fare at breakfast and a couple of hot dishes each night.
The lounge at HR is better. It also has enough room for the number of guests with access, unlike GH which is perennially overcrowded whenever they have food out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.