Intercontinental London Park Lane
One Hamilton Place / Park Lane,
Mayfair, London W1J 7QY,
United Kingdom
Tel +44 20 74093131

Link to hotel:
http://parklane.intercontinental.com/

Next tube / subway station:
Hyde Park Corner served by Piccadilly Line (serving LHR)
Green Park served by Piccadilly Line, Victoria Line and Jubillee Line

Does not honor Royal Ambassador Benefits on award stays.
You can earn points for food and beverage spending in the restaurants & bars: Wellington Lounge, Arch Bar

Lounge Supplement: Ambassador rate is Ł150/day for up to two guests, non-Ambassador rate is Ł185/day. Prices as of Sept 2022.

Lounge Benefits:

Club InterContinental privileges include:
  • Private registration for check-in and check-out
  • A complimentary welcome drink
  • Club InterContinental deluxe breakfast between 06:30 - 10:30 M-F and 06:30 -11:00 on Weekends
  • Afternoon Tea with seasonal sandwiches, scones with jam, homemade cakes/pastries, and a pot of tea between 14:30 - 16:30
  • Evening drinks - Champagne, cocktails, and canapés between 17:30 - 19:30
  • Entertainment area featuring a plasma TV and wireless internet access
  • Shower facilities
  • Complimentary pressing of two pieces of clothing per stay (express service is not included)
  • Personalized Concierge and business services
  • Complimentary local calls (0203, 0207, 0208)
  • All day refreshments
Notes:
  • On weekends between 09:30 -10:30, Club InterContinental can be considerably busier, so guests may wish to consider alternative times to avoid any unexpected inconvenience
  • Club InterContinental is included for a maximum of two people. Any additional guests would incur extra charges (50 GBP for guests of Ambassadors and 60 GBP for all others).

Recent Experiences

Royal Ambassador
September 2017
October 2017
October 2017
June 2018
October 2021
October 2022
January 2023

Ambassador
May 2018
May 2018
May 2018
April 2019
July 2021
April 2022
September 2022
November 2022
May 2023
May 2023

Older discussion about this hotel:
Archive Thread

Print Wikipost

IC London Park Lane Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2013, 4:09 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by tangey
According to the room details, minimum room type that provides free club access is exec room (not london exec). That would be in keeping with its exec name.

Looking at your upgrade pricing, if your BRG is for a classic, and you did a paid upgrade to exec, does that then get club access ? One assumes that paying to upgrade to a particular room type gets you all the benefits of that room. If so then surely that's the way to go.

Your Ł78 figure, I assume that's club access pricing.
Anyone know if there is a discounted rate for RAs ?
This is what I received from them by email:

"Dear Mr xxxx,

The Executive Category unfortunately does not include the access to the Club InterContinental, however you could either add the supplement of Ł78.00 to add the access or if you would like to upgrade your room to a London Executive Type, which includes the access to the Club Lounge, this would be available for a supplement of Ł180.00 + VAT per night.

Please do let us know if we can be of any further assistance."

I'm not sure what stance RA has on this upgrade policy and how it would affect upgrades, I think Ambassador is just a one level upgrade.

Last edited by mitpat474; Jun 27, 2013 at 4:15 am
Old Jun 27, 2013, 4:12 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Your Ł78 figure, I assume that's club access pricing.
Anyone know if there is a discounted rate for RAs ?
That is the discounted rate for RAs of 60 GBP plus VAT.
We stopped staying at the IC after having a number of disappointing stays as RA (as in receiving our Virtuoso upgrade from Superior to Deluxe room, then an RA upgrade from Deluxe to Executive, rather than RA from Superior to Executive and a further Virtuoso upgrade). If they included club access for RAs would definitely consider, but with present rates, the hotel is overpriced, even for London (unless on a BRG!).
Old Jun 27, 2013, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by price123
That is the discounted rate for RAs of 60 GBP plus VAT.
We stopped staying at the IC after having a number of disappointing stays as RA (as in receiving our Virtuoso upgrade from Superior to Deluxe room, then an RA upgrade from Deluxe to Executive, rather than RA from Superior to Executive and a further Virtuoso upgrade). If they included club access for RAs would definitely consider, but with present rates, the hotel is overpriced, even for London (unless on a BRG!).
I agree the prices are insane! I have a brg booked for oct a deluxe room with breakfast priced at 695.

P.s the Ł78 including VAT is for Ambassadors aswell,

"Kindly be advised that the access to our Club InterContinental is included in the rate from our London Executive Category and higher, however the access can also be purchased for a discounted supplement of Ł78.00 per day for our Ambassador Members, if a category lower than the London Executive Category is booked."
Old Jun 27, 2013, 5:18 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by mitpat474
This is what I received from them by email:

"Dear Mr xxxx,

The Executive Category unfortunately does not include the access to the Club InterContinental, however you could either add the supplement of Ł78.00 to add the access or if you would like to upgrade your room to a London Executive Type, which includes the access to the Club Lounge, this would be available for a supplement of Ł180.00 + VAT per night.

Please do let us know if we can be of any further assistance."
Sorry, I was totally incorrect. I did check the room description immediately before I posted, but I misread "Club access available for a fee" as "club access is available for free" It's the only non access room that is described that way, the rest say "..available at a supplement", which contributed to my misreading of the exec.

I have a 3 night break in August, and am looking at my options. At the moment I can get classic+breakfast on a BRG (Ł561 a night !). 2nd night might do 50K redemption. Nice that they provide superior room on a points stay, virtually all hotels only give their lowest room category. 3rd night will be at another property (and maybe another BRG).

I'll be RA by then, this hotel is generally not bad at honouring RA upgrades, so might get king london or deluxe for the 2 nights. Might add lounge access for the 2nd night, giving us breakfast and drinks throughout the day. Looks like the discounted club access has gone up a bit, PRICE123 is saying Ł60+vat (Ł72), you have been quoted Ł78.

Last edited by tangey; Jun 27, 2013 at 5:29 am
Old Jun 27, 2013, 5:27 am

Sorry, I was totally incorrect. I did check the room description immediately before I posted, but I misread "Club access available for a fee" as "club access is available for free" It's the only non access room that is described that way, the rest say "..available at a supplement", which contributed to my misreading of the exec.
I think when I was claiming the agent did the same thing and thought the IHG rate included club against a competing rate without club - had to get him to re read it and get it approved!
Old Jun 27, 2013, 7:27 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Looks like the discounted club access has gone up a bit, PRICE123 is saying Ł60+vat (Ł72), you have been quoted Ł78.
No 78GBP is correct figure (As paid by me as early as February this year ) ....
it looks like someone can't add/subtract 20% to arrive at correct 65 + 13 VAT = 78

65gbp ++ 20% VAT = 78GBP
Old Jun 27, 2013, 10:56 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by scubaccr
No 78GBP is correct figure (As paid by me as early as February this year ) ....
it looks like someone can't add/subtract 20% to arrive at correct 65 + 13 VAT = 78

65gbp ++ 20% VAT = 78GBP

Yep - sorry. You can tell how long ago I last stayed there.. Bit embarrassing considering maths is a somewhat integral part of statistical analysis...
Old Jun 27, 2013, 12:26 pm
Suspended

I remember not long ago, maybe 2 years back, I stayed in Park lane for a weekend using BOGO and the total bill was Ł126...

Today's rate? good luck for them. I am staying at somewhere nicer.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by chongcao
I remember not long ago, maybe 2 years back, I stayed in Park lane for a weekend using BOGO and the total bill was Ł126...

Today's rate? good luck for them. I am staying at somewhere nicer.
Yes they seem to be pushing up the rates. Good for them if they fill up the rooms at that price. I was looking at a date in October and it was well over Ł300. I saw the IC Westminster for half that and booked it.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 9:56 am

Just started booking some dates for 2015 as I don't work too far ahead.

I see IC-PL has inserted a new category "London" on Classic, Superior, Deluxe room types , not that I will see those whilst maintaining RA status.

Question is I am immediately modified for this coming weekend to a
"KING LONDON EXECUTIVE ROOM "
Would that mean Lounge access is being given for 2015 ???

Whilst this could well modify again before weekend or on arrival, this is a first as a modify instead of usual either a)exec or b)studio suite (and ocassionally full suite)

Just rechecked and now on Friday, Saturday on Studio and Standard Suites show.... and for a long way out based on random date checks

Just wondering if withdrawn to fix the appearance of new (to me ) categories , or if I just missed this category appearance recently ?
Classic
Classic London
Superior
Superior London
Deluxe
Deluxe London
Exec
Exec London (Which we know from before + gives first Lounge access)
Studio Suite
One Room suite
Deluxe suite
(Signature Suites)
Old Jan 7, 2015, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat

I see IC-PL has inserted a new category "London" on Classic, Superior, Deluxe room types , not that I will see those whilst maintaining RA status.

Whilst this could well modify again before weekend or on arrival, this is a first as a modify instead of usual either a)exec or b)studio suite (and ocassionally full suite)

Just rechecked and now on Friday, Saturday on Studio and Standard Suites show.... and for a long way out based on random date checks

Just wondering if withdrawn to fix the appearance of new (to me ) categories , or if I just missed this category appearance recently ?
Classic
Classic London
Superior
Superior London
Deluxe
Deluxe London
Exec
Studio Suite
One Room suite
Deluxe suite
(Signature Suites)
This is an interesting question.

I have been upgraded to King London Exec and Suites from. My original Classic room reservations (1 a redemption). Whilst the room types I was in definitely had lounge access if booked outright I have assumed that I wouldn't get lounge access and never tried.

I had an interesting very large internal facing suite on the 8th floor which I checked out of today, which was a first for that room type for me too.

The classic London rooms have appeared for some time now in the inventory and I have assumed they are a device to reduce the total rooms available for redemption. As I understand it though all "London" rooms are renovated. My favourite room type is the King London Exec with sofa which is far nicer than some of the smaller suites with more chintzy decor.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 11:13 am

Classic
Classic London
Superior
Superior London
Deluxe
Deluxe London
Exec
Studio Suite
One Room suite
Deluxe suite
Luxury suite
(Signature Suites)
I was upgraded to king lon exec couple weeks ago on an award night and no, the lounge was not included. Was checked in by Kat in the lounge - no gold cards for that visit

I remember seeing London Classic few months ago, but it may well be to do with reducing award nights redemptions.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 8:15 pm

Programs: F
From the descriptions, London rooms have been recently renovated. There are now London versions of multiple room categories.

Executive rooms don't, but King London Executive do, include club access, if paid for rather than upgraded into.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 9:34 pm

I do not see splitting Classic into 2-tier types Classic, London Classic to have any bearing on total award nights availability. Though it does mean an award initially books into the non-refurbed rooms.

So what happens when all are refurbed?? All rooms are then London xxxxx type so split becomes pointless and unecessary.

Award availabilty is 5% of hotels rooms, and IC-PL frequently offered Superior type on award too.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
I do not see splitting Classic into 2-tier types Classic, London Classic to have any bearing on total award nights availability. Though it does mean an award initially books into the non-refurbed rooms.

So what happens when all are refurbed?? All rooms are then London xxxxx type so split becomes pointless and unecessary.

Award availabilty is 5% of hotels rooms, and IC-PL frequently offered Superior type on award too.
Of course it has a bearing. If you have 100 classic rooms and make 50 of them London Classic then you have only 50% of the available redemption inventory you previously had. The total number of rooms available for redemption will have halved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.