Intercontinental London Park Lane
One Hamilton Place / Park Lane,
Mayfair, London W1J 7QY,
United Kingdom
Tel +44 20 74093131

Link to hotel:
http://parklane.intercontinental.com/

Next tube / subway station:
Hyde Park Corner served by Piccadilly Line (serving LHR)
Green Park served by Piccadilly Line, Victoria Line and Jubillee Line

Does not honor Royal Ambassador Benefits on award stays.
You can earn points for food and beverage spending in the restaurants & bars: Wellington Lounge, Arch Bar

Lounge Supplement: Ambassador rate is Ł150/day for up to two guests, non-Ambassador rate is Ł185/day. Prices as of Sept 2022.

Lounge Benefits:

Club InterContinental privileges include:
  • Private registration for check-in and check-out
  • A complimentary welcome drink
  • Club InterContinental deluxe breakfast between 06:30 - 10:30 M-F and 06:30 -11:00 on Weekends
  • Afternoon Tea with seasonal sandwiches, scones with jam, homemade cakes/pastries, and a pot of tea between 14:30 - 16:30
  • Evening drinks - Champagne, cocktails, and canapés between 17:30 - 19:30
  • Entertainment area featuring a plasma TV and wireless internet access
  • Shower facilities
  • Complimentary pressing of two pieces of clothing per stay (express service is not included)
  • Personalized Concierge and business services
  • Complimentary local calls (0203, 0207, 0208)
  • All day refreshments
Notes:
  • On weekends between 09:30 -10:30, Club InterContinental can be considerably busier, so guests may wish to consider alternative times to avoid any unexpected inconvenience
  • Club InterContinental is included for a maximum of two people. Any additional guests would incur extra charges (50 GBP for guests of Ambassadors and 60 GBP for all others).

Recent Experiences

Royal Ambassador
September 2017
October 2017
October 2017
June 2018
October 2021
October 2022
January 2023

Ambassador
May 2018
May 2018
May 2018
April 2019
July 2021
April 2022
September 2022
November 2022
May 2023
May 2023

Older discussion about this hotel:
Archive Thread

Print Wikipost

IC London Park Lane Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2015, 8:23 am

I was under the impression that the number of rooms you had to release was 5% of the total inventory not 5% of the basic/standard/classic inventory. Certainly from speaking to the hotels regarding award nights they have never alluded to it being anything other than the 5% of the full inventory.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by chrism20
I was under the impression that the number of rooms you had to release was 5% of the total inventory not 5% of the basic/standard/classic inventory. Certainly from speaking to the hotels regarding award nights they have never alluded to it being anything other than the 5% of the full inventory.
I have never seen availability here for reward nights when there hasn't also been availability of classic rooms. Over the last 6 months or do when I have made a number of paid and reward bookings I have never found reward availability when I couldn't find classic rooms available for cash.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
I have never seen availability here for reward nights when there hasn't also been availability of classic rooms. Over the last 6 months or do when I have made a number of paid and reward bookings I have never found reward availability when I couldn't find classic rooms available for cash.
There are 447 rooms in the hotel, they must make 23 available for rewards nights. Sixty rooms are suites, I am not sure what the breakdown of the other rooms but at a guess there will be around 100 classic rooms. With 23 for rewards nights and another 423 rooms to play with it should be fairly easy for them to manage the inventory. In the event of classic rooms being oversold they can upgrade frequent visitors etc.

Also if there are no classic rooms available for cash that also tells you the hotel is busy and if it is busy the chances are reward nights have also all been reserved.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chrism20
There are 447 rooms in the hotel, they must make 23 available for rewards nights. Sixty rooms are suites, I am not sure what the breakdown of the other rooms but at a guess there will be around 100 classic rooms. With 23 for rewards nights and another 423 rooms to play with it should be fairly easy for them to manage the inventory. In the event of classic rooms being oversold they can upgrade frequent visitors etc.

Also if there are no classic rooms available for cash that also tells you the hotel is busy and if it is busy the chances are reward nights have also all been reserved.
I agree but I have also never seen classic rooms available for cash but no reward room availability.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 6:09 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
I agree but I have also never seen classic rooms available for cash but no reward room availability.
I have seen several different scenarios in at least last 2years
o Classic for Award, with Classic and Superior both available for Paid
o No Classic Room available, but Superior for Award + Paid
o Classic + Superior both available on Award and both on Paid
and
o Some weeks/months out zero award availability then changes to being ward available 2-3 weeks out if lots of rooms unsold, ie not just caused by award nights being released.

and I defintely remember Classic available as Paid but zero Award availability too

I think with 470 rooms meaing 23award as a minimum, and more than 23classic rooms ar IC-PL, IC-PL can close awards on just Classic redemptions with Classics left for paid nights, and does not even include scenario of awards booed by Ambassador/RA members who get a quick online upgrade, releasing the Classic back into paid bucket.

I am fairly sure IC-PL releases more than 5% award nights anyway, and by reverse 95% ruling for full pay on award rooms , IC-PLmay well release extra award rooms at that point as income is same whether sold for award or money.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 1:15 pm

Programs: IC RA
I've got a few reward bookings in February and March under both my fiancée's and my RA accounts. I haven't seen any online upgrades yet that others have mentioned here. Does anyone here have any recent instances of reward bookings? If so, how long until you saw an initial upgrade? I'm not especially concerned, but was wondering if maybe they've made a slight change in practice and advanced upgrades.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Investor 11
I've got a few reward bookings in February and March under both my fiancée's and my RA accounts. I haven't seen any online upgrades yet that others have mentioned here. Does anyone here have any recent instances of reward bookings? If so, how long until you saw an initial upgrade? I'm not especially concerned, but was wondering if maybe they've made a slight change in practice and advanced upgrades.
Sometimes you don't get any advance notice at all (typically in quieter periods). Earlier this week I checked in for a paid booking that I booked a month or more in advance. At check in my account was still showing me as confirmed in a classic room but I was upgraded upon arrival to a 1 bed suite (in part due to issues during my last stay).
Old Jan 9, 2015, 2:54 pm

I may spend a significant time at this Property during the this year, 50 nights or more. Unfortunately, I lost RA due to switching to Hyatt after getting Diamond. Then Hyatt dropped The Regency in Warsaw so I had no choice but to return to the IC WAW. Damage done. And now the Hyatt Regency Churchill London is closed until further notice
Unlucky or what.

Anyhow, how do they treat Plat Amb? Mini-bar I can live without, but would be nice to know if they tend to reward regular Plat Ambs with something extra.

IC WAW said they would still give my Club and Suite if available as I am one of their most regular customers over the last three years. That is nice of them.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by Petrus
I may spend a significant time at this Property during the this year, 50 nights or more. Unfortunately, I lost RA due to switching to Hyatt after getting Diamond. Then Hyatt dropped The Regency in Warsaw so I had no choice but to return to the IC WAW. Damage done. And now the Hyatt Regency Churchill London is closed until further notice
Unlucky or what.

Anyhow, how do they treat Plat Amb? Mini-bar I can live without, but would be nice to know if they tend to reward regular Plat Ambs with something extra.

IC WAW said they would still give my Club and Suite if available as I am one of their most regular customers over the last three years. That is nice of them.
Ambassador gold/platinum is same treatment

That said as RA once I became a regular I see better upgrades , especially If I book Superior over classic. So being a regular could be more important than being platinum here
Old Jan 10, 2015, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by Investor 11
I did quite a few reward nights in 12 months ago. Where hotel was filling up with limited roms left, whether 2weeks or 12weeks etc out, ICPL then mods to Exec Room early

Same modify pattern applies to paid stays

if loads of rooms free then modify is max 7days out but usually 3days out for me , and Exec room showing does not preclude a further upgrade after 6pm night before or at checkin. I have had suites showing night before or got suite at checkin on both paid/award bookings...... Although my initial award bookings, my first ever stays we're to Execs each time.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by scubaccr
I did quite a few reward nights in 12 months ago. Where hotel was filling up with limited roms left, whether 2weeks or 12weeks etc out, ICPL then mods to Exec Room early

Same modify pattern applies to paid stays

if loads of rooms free then modify is max 7days out but usually 3days out for me , and Exec room showing does not preclude a further upgrade after 6pm night before or at checkin. I have had suites showing night before or got suite at checkin on both paid/award bookings...... Although my initial award bookings, my first ever stays we're to Execs each time.
As I said above it doesn't always modify. I have stayed here most weeks now since October 14. The pattern you describe is the norm but every now and again (and it seems to be driven by very light or very heavy occupancy) the mod only happens at check in. I used to be quite worried about this but now tend to see no room modification as a positive, since the last minute upgrades are always better than those given well in advance.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 1:29 am

Programs: F
I am still unclear what upgrade an AMB gets from (non Club) Executive?

King London Executive without club?
King London Executive with club?
Studio Suite without club?

And what is the difference in the actual rooms between Executive and King London Executive? Just views or actually bigger?
Old Jan 17, 2015, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by redshift27
I am still unclear what upgrade an AMB gets from (non Club) Executive?

King London Executive without club?
King London Executive with club?
Studio Suite without club?

And what is the difference in the actual rooms between Executive and King London Executive? Just views or actually bigger?
At this property anything with London in the room type has been refurbished so will have fresher more contemporary decor and soft furnishings. The room size is the same for London exec or exec. The London exec usually has a sofa in the window area which makes better use of space. It is my favourite room type at this property as the suites are quite small typically and with dated decor and TVs.

If you have booked exec you will probably get London exec as an AMB. You will not get club access in any circumstances unless you pay.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 9:29 am

Programs: F
Thanks. They have just confirmed that Deluxe get Exec as upgrade, London Deluxe gets London Exec (but without club access).
Old Jan 24, 2015, 12:42 pm

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5

Fitted new tvs in the exec rooms - good stuff

Not sure if this is the case with all rooms..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.