Multi city (domestic) bookings

Old Jun 27, 2017, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
Multi city (domestic) bookings

I must be missing something, as I cannot for the life of me find out how to book a multi city domestic journey!

For instance, I was looking for flights from Tokyo to Okinawa, then onwards to Nagoya.

I suppose this is an academic question now, as I found that two one-way tickets for each leg were very reasonably priced!

But for future reference, does anyone know how to book a multi-city itinerary from the jal.co.jp/en website?
Old Jun 27, 2017, 12:07 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by RandomStan
I must be missing something, as I cannot for the life of me find out how to book a multi city domestic journey!

For instance, I was looking for flights from Tokyo to Okinawa, then onwards to Nagoya.

I suppose this is an academic question now, as I found that two one-way tickets for each leg were very reasonably priced!

But for future reference, does anyone know how to book a multi-city itinerary from the jal.co.jp/en website?
You can only do it using the Japanese version. The add more flights button is missing on the English page.
Attached Images  
Old Jun 27, 2017, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JALPak
You can only do it using the Japanese version. The add more flights button is missing on the English page.
Ohhh. Right. That's useful to know. Shame I can't read/write Japanese, though!

Thanks for that - makes sense now!
Old Jun 27, 2017, 4:38 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by RandomStan
Ohhh. Right. That's useful to know. Shame I can't read/write Japanese, though!
Just copy and paste the box or the entire page into Google Translate and you can usually figure out what to do with JAL's Japanese only pages. ^
Old Jun 27, 2017, 4:41 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Just copy and paste the box or the entire page into Google Translate and you can usually figure out what to do with JAL's Japanese only pages. ^
Not so fast. The Japanese booking page would require you to entire information you may not have, e.g. tel in Japan. It's not as strict forward as simply translating everything.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by JALPak
Not so fast. The Japanese booking page would require you to entire information you may not have, e.g. tel in Japan. It's not as strict forward as simply translating everything.
I have booked domestic tickets from the Japanese site before I moved to Japan, it is not a problem. Use the phone number of a friend or of your hotel. It is basically just a matter of understanding what's on the page and progressing through the steps. Using a non-Japanese credit card is also not a problem (hello AA learn something here)
Old Jun 28, 2017, 12:44 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Maybe a flight pass is an option. Available to foreigners, you can AFAIK book multiple segments. It might even be slightly cheaper compared to advanced purchase tickets on many routes.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Cheers all for the feedback. I had considered going through a translated page, but was worried that it would ask for info (or mis-translate info) which would then cause problems with the booking... Good to hear that someone ( @CPH-Flyer ) has had success in this method, though.

@WorldLux - I looked at the Japan Explorer Pass, but the pricing for my flights (in Economy) were more expensive than booking separate F and J tickets for the two flights!

In the end, the separate tickets were reasonably priced (the OKA>NGO flight doesn't have F tickets, so I settled with J). Strangely, on the HND>OKA flight, the F tickets were cheaper than the J tickets. Not sure how they worked that one out, but I took advantage of it! (Ended up paying JPY 31,490 per person for an F ticket.)

I visit Japan once a year, but this is the first time I'm booking multi-city tickets. Will bear the advice here in mind for my next trip. Cheers!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.