Search

Flying Dutchman magazine

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2017, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott titanium, KL/AF FB Ulti
Flying Dutchman magazine

Hi all,

I've started flying more frequently with KL in October last year and became FB Gold in November. Shortly after that, I have received one issue of Flying Dutchman magazine, that KL distributes among 'Elite and Bluebiz' members. (link, in Dutch)

There are 4 editions per year, so I expected at least one copy in 2017, but have never received one. I've filled out the contact form at KLM's website, but have never received any response for them - which is in line with my support experiences since I've started flying with them by the way.

Did any FB Gold or Platinum member here, who lives outside of the Netherlands, receive a copy of Flying Dutchman magazine in 2017 or did KL stop sending abroad?
Old Jun 21, 2017, 1:50 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
They no longer send these abroad.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Bravo, KLM
Old Jun 22, 2017, 10:08 am

you can read current versions online if that helps:

https://issuu.com/zadkinemedia/docs/...utchman_2-2017
Old Jun 23, 2017, 11:57 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
In almost 10 years of being FB Gold, registered with an address in NL, I have only received the magazine once. At a totally random time as well, like halfway through the year in 2015 or so.

So I'm not sure what is up with the delivery of the magazine. For me it basically doesn't work, that's for sure.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by Xandrios
In almost 10 years of being FB Gold, registered with an address in NL, I have only received the magazine once. At a totally random time as well, like halfway through the year in 2015 or so.

So I'm not sure what is up with the delivery of the magazine. For me it basically doesn't work, that's for sure.
I used to get three sent to my house (for three different people), but I think they started getting clever about that at some point. As a bluebiz member I still get them every 3 months without issue.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 1:57 am

Between me and Ms. Ditto, both Gold/Plat for several years (and she is also a Bluebiz member), with an address in NL, we never got any
Old Jun 26, 2017, 12:02 pm

I do get them. If you want it..
Old Jun 28, 2017, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Xandrios

I no longer hold status with KLM, but was Gold for many years, and contacted them many times in order to have the magazine sent.

It never arrived.

However, changing my language preference to Dutch long after dropping to Ivory seems to have done the trick - it arrives like clockwork now. It's apparently not just for Elites. It's for anyone in the Netherlands with Dutch as their preferred language. (Or maybe someone actioned my request after a delay of 2+ years!!)
Old Jun 28, 2017, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
I no longer hold status with KLM, but was Gold for many years, and contacted them many times in order to have the magazine sent.

It never arrived.

However, changing my language preference to Dutch long after dropping to Ivory seems to have done the trick - it arrives like clockwork now. It's apparently not just for Elites. It's for anyone in the Netherlands with Dutch as their preferred language. (Or maybe someone actioned my request after a delay of 2+ years!!)
When I dropped back to Ivory I stopped getting them, until I enrolled in BlueBiz and they started coming again. Unless something has changed they normally only get sent to silver+ and bluebiz.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 7:20 am
Original Poster

So here's the status of asking KLM for a reaction:

-June 11th: flyingblue.com email form (via klm.com): no response
-June 21st: KLM Facebook messenger: no response yet
-June 26th: klm.com website form: no response yet

Relatively complex questions about bookings are answered within an hour via Facebook or within 24h via the contact form.. not sure what's going on here. Do they actually care?
Old Jun 28, 2017, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
You can read it online.

(Now that I see the cover of the current edition, I realise that I have not received this one).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.