Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Travelz
This is a new thread for 2017. The previous discussion can be found here.

READ the posts in this thread before asking questions. Many have already been answered.

10k per day limit including fees - must fill out a form (use cards as a budget tool or whatever you want to put)
Check the Simon website for locations.
VGC issued by meta for 3.95 - Count your cards before you leave the mall
When ordering online, Simon uses GCM.
Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards(2017-2018)

Old Jan 4, 2017, 7:42 pm

Can all the Troll discussions be removed or is this now the troll thread?
Old Jan 4, 2017, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by xolinlevh
Right? Id love to know how people can liquidate so much so quick. I have a WM or two that i can go to but thats it....
Well... assuming 19 per day only from M through F, that is roughly 380 cards per month. Unloading this each day would mean you unload about 12 cards per day (weekends included). If it is a "guy and a girl" and we assume they both have drivers licenses, then all they need is 1 kid or other relative with a drivers license to unload that much each month at CVS (2k/day = 4 cards/day/person, ie 3 people = 12 cards/day). Then the MO part is easy.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by misterno
just to let you guys know

the limit to unload paypal gcs is 4K per month per account

You can open several paypal accounts as long as they are linked to different bank accounts

so it can be same name same address same everything just the bank account has to be different

annddddd I am not a troll
you also have to pray PayPal will not close your accounts
Old Jan 5, 2017, 4:05 am

Programs: Several dozen
Also curious as to how anyone is still doing volume with Simon Metas. About all they seem good for in South Florida is scraping gum from your shoe.

Originally Posted by warreng24
19 per day?!?!??!?! How in blazes do they manage to unload them? The Simon GC's don't seem to work at the USPS in my area nor at Walmart. AFAIK theres only one grocery store chain in the area that accepts debit GC for MO.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 4:10 am

Programs: Several dozen
Doable in theory only if your local CVS plays ball which is very YMMV.

Originally Posted by dr_sharp
Well... assuming 19 per day only from M through F, that is roughly 380 cards per month. Unloading this each day would mean you unload about 12 cards per day (weekends included). If it is a "guy and a girl" and we assume they both have drivers licenses, then all they need is 1 kid or other relative with a drivers license to unload that much each month at CVS (2k/day = 4 cards/day/person, ie 3 people = 12 cards/day). Then the MO part is easy.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
Also curious as to how anyone is still doing volume with Simon Metas. About all they seem good for in South Florida is scraping gum from your shoe.
It's pretty obvious no? WM
Old Jan 5, 2017, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
Doable in theory only if your local CVS plays ball which is very YMMV.
Maybe they are just unloading some or most of the cards directly at W and giving up on the 5%. Plenty of people are still using Simon doing this. I know that's why I feel comfortable having a stack of 60 cards at the moment. If cvs pulls the plug these things just turn into regular vgcs.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by dr_sharp
So I need to take on babysitting. But only for kids with government identification. I wouldn't want to be assumed to be holding an illegal hostage!
Old Jan 5, 2017, 9:12 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Can Simons be used in Wally to buy MOs or this is all over now?
Old Jan 6, 2017, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by ThePointsCollector
Can Simons be used in Wally to buy MOs or this is all over now?
yes
Old Jan 6, 2017, 9:01 am

Hey Guys,

So I'm trying to get back into MS after a few year hiatus. I used to do Simon GCs and BlueBird since it was so easy. I'm looking to meet the $4k req for the Sapph Reserve and I'm looking for a no brainer way to do this in one or two trips. The limit on Simon is $10k a day, is that correct? What is the limit on WM MOs per transaction, per day? This seems to be the lowest fee route. The PayPal GCs loading into a PayPal account seems pretty easy as well, but I didn't see specifics on the fees on those. Thanks!
Old Jan 6, 2017, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by thaug13
Hey Guys,

So I'm trying to get back into MS after a few year hiatus. I used to do Simon GCs and BlueBird since it was so easy. I'm looking to meet the $4k req for the Sapph Reserve and I'm looking for a no brainer way to do this in one or two trips. The limit on Simon is $10k a day, is that correct? What is the limit on WM MOs per transaction, per day? This seems to be the lowest fee route. The PayPal GCs loading into a PayPal account seems pretty easy as well, but I didn't see specifics on the fees on those. Thanks!
Depends on your Walmart. Please read all the other threads as a new member and Welcome to FT!
Old Jan 6, 2017, 12:08 pm

The PayPal GCs loading into a PayPal account seems pretty easy as well, but I didn't see specifics on the fees on those.
since you're asking it is best that you read the 2016 all about paypal archives. the last quarter's posts will give you an idea on pitfalls and PITA issues. If you want a one phrase summary about MSing with PP and you value your PP account: DON'T DO IT!
Old Jan 6, 2017, 6:55 pm

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
I, too, am interested in purchasing SM GCs again but I won't go down the MO path. Like everyone, would sure like to find a good method again. It's like everything collapsed.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 7:33 pm

Hey Guys,

If you find a good WM there is no limit. Do $100k+ per day

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.