Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Travelz
This is a new thread for 2017. The previous discussion can be found here.

READ the posts in this thread before asking questions. Many have already been answered.

10k per day limit including fees - must fill out a form (use cards as a budget tool or whatever you want to put)
Check the Simon website for locations.
VGC issued by meta for 3.95 - Count your cards before you leave the mall
When ordering online, Simon uses GCM.
Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards(2017-2018)

Old Jan 7, 2017, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by jan_believes
I, too, am interested in purchasing SM GCs again but I won't go down the MO path. Like everyone, would sure like to find a good method again. It's like everything collapsed.
I like doing bpay at WM, since you can skip MO. Check out this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...y-walmart.html
Old Jan 7, 2017, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
Doable in theory only if your local CVS plays ball which is very YMMV.
I have 5 CVSs within 3 miles that all play ball. But yea, my mileage is not typical
Old Jan 8, 2017, 8:10 am

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by ThePointsCollector
Can Simons be used in Wally to buy MOs or this is all over now?
Originally Posted by ntjane66
yes
Intentionally or unintentionally ambiguous answer?
Old Jan 8, 2017, 9:36 am

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
Originally Posted by Middle_Seat
Yes.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by Middle_Seat
the level of questions in this forum deserve such answers. a 2 minute goog search would answer 98% of them, but a sense of entitlement coupled with laziness, etc have made this forum a nursery school.

these same types are those that kill deals/stores/sanity. why people have patience to answer these inane questions- i don't understand. i see no equivalent level of posts in other FT forums. If so, we'd see...

Post 1 in the starwood forum:
Hi. I'm new and was wondering how this works. I'm traveling to NY and don't have relatives there. are you saying i can pay money and rent a room for a night? what if it's a week? 4 days? how do i pay? do i get a key when i pay or will there be someone there to give me a key when i arrive?!? can i pay at walmart? does walmart have keys?

will there be others in the same room with me? OT, but I'm biologically a 33 year old man, but identify as a 7 year old girl named Tabitha. do you think that will be an issue when using sleeping/shower facilities?

are there cleaning supplies to clean up the room before i leave? how big is the deposit? is it hard to get your deposit back?

also, what's the deal with these starpoints i read about? how do you get them? i heard you use them to throw out the first pitch at game 7 of the world series. I'd like to do that - how do i schedule my world series appearance? I'm so excited! go 49er's!

post 2, AA forum:

Hi! I'm going to NY and usually drive but i read that you can fly kinda like a bird, but different and faster?!? wow! I'm new, so I have a few questions I couldn't find answers to. First, ........

Last edited by uncommonsensical; Jan 8, 2017 at 2:07 pm
Old Jan 8, 2017, 3:33 pm

I actually LOL'D, and want to see more posts of a similar nature.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by uncommonsensical
the level of questions in this forum deserve such answers. a 2 minute goog search would answer 98% of them, but a sense of entitlement coupled with laziness, etc have made this forum a nursery school.

these same types are those that kill deals/stores/sanity. why people have patience to answer these inane questions- i don't understand. i see no equivalent level of posts in other FT forums. If so, we'd see...

Hi. I'm new and was wondering how this works. I'm traveling to NY and don't have relatives there. are you saying i can pay money and rent a room for a night? what if it's a week? 4 days? how do i pay? do i get a key when i pay or will there be someone there to give me a key when i arrive?!? can i pay at walmart? does walmart have keys?

will there be others in the same room with me? OT, but I'm biologically a 33 year old man, but identify as a 7 year old girl named Tabitha. do you think that will be an issue when using sleeping/shower facilities?

are there cleaning supplies to clean up the room before i leave? how big is the deposit? is it hard to get your deposit back?

also, what's the deal with these starpoints i read about? how do you get them? i heard you use them to throw out the first pitch at game 7 of the world series. I'd like to do that - how do i schedule my world series appearance? I'm so excited! go 49er's!

post 2, AA forum:

Hi! I'm going to NY and usually drive but i read that you can fly kinda like a bird, but different and faster?!? wow! I'm new, so I have a few questions I couldn't find answers to. First, ........
Rofl ^

Uncomfortable truths of this and other threads in /MS
Old Jan 8, 2017, 7:41 pm

Has anyone tried to do 2 simon malls the same day to do $20k? I'm betting the form is only kept at that particular mall...
Old Jan 8, 2017, 9:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by killercut
Has anyone tried to do 2 simon malls the same day to do $20k? I'm betting the form is only kept at that particular mall...
You can do it. But if catch on to you then you're ....ed.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 10:16 am

Programs: Several dozen
Not advisable. Getting stuck with 20k of Meta could make you regretta.

Old Jan 9, 2017, 10:31 am

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
Not advisable. Getting stuck with 20k of Meta could make you regretta.
Simons are the easiest to liquidate for me. Give em to me before any Ice Cream Gebit. Waly World Middle of Nowhere Mid West eats them as cookie monster eats its cookies. In South Florida, I have plenty of Simons to buy them, but in the Middle of Nowhere Mid West I have only one mall that is 30 miles away from current work location. So I use them for Minimum Spend, specially now that Citi and Barclays are a live again to churn.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 1:22 pm

For those that have purchased the simon gift cards online and through their site, how long does it usually take to receive your cards via regular mail? I'm referring to total time to process the order, ship, and receive them in my mailbox.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by GlobalPuros
For those that have purchased the simon gift cards online and through their site, how long does it usually take to receive your cards via regular mail? I'm referring to total time to process the order, ship, and receive them in my mailbox.
I think about a month... seriously I had to escalate and get them re-issued. Did one final order back on Christmas and I'm still waiting. Not sure why its such an issue since GCM processes it. That said, I'm not sure why anyone would purchase anything from simon online now.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by uncommonsensical

post 2, AA forum:

Why would a 7 year old.. errr. Pedophile want to throw out the first pitch?
Old Jan 10, 2017, 7:53 pm

Do it. I've done 5 in one day driving about 300 miles. Added an extra 40-50 miles to my drive but well worth it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.