Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Travelz
This is a new thread for 2017. The previous discussion can be found here.

READ the posts in this thread before asking questions. Many have already been answered.

10k per day limit including fees - must fill out a form (use cards as a budget tool or whatever you want to put)
Check the Simon website for locations.
VGC issued by meta for 3.95 - Count your cards before you leave the mall
When ordering online, Simon uses GCM.
Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards(2017-2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2017, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by RamboAroundTheWorld
You can do it. But if catch on to you then you're ....ed.
Just don't combine it with the regular mall.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by carlitos
Simons are the easiest to liquidate for me. Give em to me before any Ice Cream Gebit. Waly World Middle of Nowhere Mid West eats them as cookie monster eats its cookies. In South Florida, I have plenty of Simons to buy them, but in the Middle of Nowhere Mid West I have only one mall that is 30 miles away from current work location. So I use them for Minimum Spend, specially now that Citi and Barclays are a live again to churn.
If it's that far away just go buy them at a grosser. Pay $2 more per card but save the time.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by GlobalPuros
For those that have purchased the simon gift cards online and through their site, how long does it usually take to receive your cards via regular mail? I'm referring to total time to process the order, ship, and receive them in my mailbox.
Try GCM thread.. this is physical
Old Jan 10, 2017, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by Chelski
Just don't combine it with the regular mall.
Did 3 malls yesterday and another 3 today.

CVS is supposedly ending 5back on 1/20, some SM reps even said immediately. Ohh well. Even saw another MSer at Jersey Shore who decided not to buy the cards because CVS was ending the 5back, I happily took the cards he did not.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA PLT
I've been out of the game for a while but need to get back in. I went to my local Simon Mall and all of the PIN enabled VGC's are issued by Sunrise Bank with a $4.95 purchase fee. Do these cards work at WM billpay or the PO for Money orders? I've tried searching but can't find an answer. Thanks
Old Jan 12, 2017, 4:46 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
Originally Posted by metaphor_e
I've been out of the game for a while but need to get back in. I went to my local Simon Mall and all of the PIN enabled VGC's are issued by Sunrise Bank with a $4.95 purchase fee. Do these cards work at WM billpay or the PO for Money orders? I've tried searching but can't find an answer. Thanks
Sounds like it's no longer Simon. They've shed a lot of properties. Simon issues Metabank cards with a $3.95 fee.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 4:54 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Thanks, I thought it didn't look right. I guess I'll try online or CVS for VGC's.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 8:00 pm

Did another 3 malls yesterday. Was too lazy to go to simon mall today, but I was cashing out the cards at walmart and cvs. Lots of work doing 200+ cards.

FYI, at the shops in riverside, Alexandra thought she was fbi or something, she took out the Fraud for Dummies book and was scanning over my id and credit cards as if I was from Nigeria or something, and I am white... Calling her manager multiple times, unsure if she should let me purchase until she finally let me have my cards. Took like 45 minutes. PITA!

At Woodbury Commons there was a fat lady who decided to pre authorize my card for $1, I didn't get the point of her doing that and wasting 10 minutes of my time, a pre authorization for $1 does nothing for letting 9575 through.... The next day a young guy was pretty quick about it and didn't even check my cards or ID...

All others were nice and smooth, except for I think Livingston Mall, the black lady, Yvonne or something like that, didn't want to give me 19 cards, she said she only had 10 in the plastic and she barely let me take 3 more on the rack, and so I also took 6 regular simon cards to make it the whole 19...

The Westchester is #1 especially when Katherine is there.

Last edited by killercut; Jan 12, 2017 at 8:13 pm
Old Jan 13, 2017, 10:30 am

I got a lot of Walmart stories if you really want to hear them...
Old Jan 14, 2017, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by killercut
Did another 3 malls yesterday.
Do you always travel from VA to NY in order to MS or was this a special trip?
Old Jan 14, 2017, 2:09 pm

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
Ok, scanning this thread tells me it's a risk to post, but here goes.

I haven't been to an SM in awhile but decided to go for the $10 Visa back on some retail GCs at $50 good thru 1/15. My disabled sister and another relative like IHOP, so makes sense to get out of the house and hit the nearby outlet. The deal is one $10 Visa card per transaction.

Will pick up a SM Visa GC, also. Any current snafus to be aware of?

I have a Citi Simplicity card promo with a $50 statement credit back if I spend $500. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by jan_believes; Jan 14, 2017 at 2:19 pm
Old Jan 14, 2017, 3:47 pm

My simon is having problems activating cards.

The ones in the cardboard won't activate, but the loose ones do work fine.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by killercut
Did another 3 malls yesterday. Was too lazy to go to simon mall today, but I was cashing out the cards at walmart and cvs. Lots of work doing 200+ cards.

FYI, at the shops in riverside, Alexandra thought she was fbi or something, she took out the Fraud for Dummies book and was scanning over my id and credit cards as if I was from Nigeria or something, and I am white... Calling her manager multiple times, unsure if she should let me purchase until she finally let me have my cards. Took like 45 minutes. PITA!

At Woodbury Commons there was a fat lady who decided to pre authorize my card for $1, I didn't get the point of her doing that and wasting 10 minutes of my time, a pre authorization for $1 does nothing for letting 9575 through.... The next day a young guy was pretty quick about it and didn't even check my cards or ID...

All others were nice and smooth, except for I think Livingston Mall, the black lady, Yvonne or something like that, didn't want to give me 19 cards, she said she only had 10 in the plastic and she barely let me take 3 more on the rack, and so I also took 6 regular simon cards to make it the whole 19...

The Westchester is #1 especially when Katherine is there.
Oh yes! Alexandra at Riverside is a total human being!

Just let her be and talk to the guest services manager who will sort things out. Seems like they don't want people buying and at first, everyone is a scammer/fraud.

They know me as a regular now but still do the transaction looking "super official" - more power to her if she thinks this is a fulfilling job for her. I make more buying gift cards than she does sitting there hourly.

No offense to any of my mall folks, but some need to chill out and be more customer focused. I've been to many many malls and have had fairly pleasant, quick experiences at most of them.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by jan_believes
Ok, scanning this thread tells me it's a risk to post, but here goes.

I haven't been to an SM in awhile but decided to go for the $10 Visa back on some retail GCs at $50 good thru 1/15. My disabled sister and another relative like IHOP, so makes sense to get out of the house and hit the nearby outlet. The deal is one $10 Visa card per transaction.

Will pick up a SM Visa GC, also. Any current snafus to be aware of?

I have a Citi Simplicity card promo with a $50 statement credit back if I spend $500. Thanks in advance.
What kind of snafus are you concerned about? One VGC and a few restaurant purchases won't raise any flags at all. They give you the $10 promo cards right on the spot.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 12:26 pm

As my favorite SM GS person once said to me: "The whole reason that these cards are here is so that you will buy them. They aren't here for decoration, or to take up space or anything else."

I wish that more people at SM and elsewhere would take this view.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.