Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Beirut - No. 1 International City for Food :D

Old Aug 18, 2016, 2:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC

But of course!!! What are you waiting for? Come on over for a great time and some awesome cuisine. If you have any questions about this amazing city (or Lebanon for that matter), please feel free to ask.

Best International Cities for Food

Last edited by BEYFlyer; Aug 18, 2016 at 2:53 am
Old Aug 21, 2016, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, FM Prem, SPG gold
Originally Posted by BEYFlyer
But of course!!! What are you waiting for? Come on over for a great time and some awesome cuisine. If you have any questions about this amazing city (or Lebanon for that matter), please feel free to ask.

Best International Cities for Food
I'll second that!

Old Aug 24, 2016, 12:06 am
Original Poster

Delicious
Old Sep 6, 2016, 1:32 am
Original Poster

Been enjoying your trip report on Lebanon rivlinm. Thank you for sharing your experiences with all of us ^ ^
Old Sep 9, 2016, 11:34 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Good food, for sure...Beirut is where I was introduced to zaatar and thyme salads. Also, having take-out baklava in the departures hall of BEY is dangerous.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was there last weekend and what surprised me was the amount of pizza I saw there.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 10:48 am

Programs: AA EXP/OW Emerald
Re: food in Beirut, any recommendations for a special occasion restaurant? I'll be there next week celebrating a birthday, and would like to do a nice dinner out - preferably someplace with a good wine list that includes local producers, not just imports. Open to any cuisine options; partner and I are both fairly adventurous eaters.

Appreciate any insights. Thanks.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 11:08 am

How expensive is eating out in Beirut - compared to Istanbul, Dubai etc?
Old Jun 27, 2017, 7:18 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, FM Prem, SPG gold
BEYflyer can best suggest a specific restaurant, but I found prices to be about mid range USA for slightly above mid range options.

An entree for 7-12 dollars. Mezzes for 6-10. You can eat for cheaper (although not dirt cheap) and I suspect very high end places still come with the very high end prices.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 12:54 am
Original Poster

Hello all... Can't really recommend just one place It depends on what you feel like eating! Sushi Bar is my place to go for, you guessed it, sushi La Parilla (on the roof of the Palm Beach Hotel) is great for steak (the best really). At the Palm Beach Hotel, you can also have good Indian cuisine at Al Hindi (really delicious). Imm Sharif for an endless table of Lebanese cuisine. Cocteau has an amazing menu that is worth exploring. La Petite Maison is also worth looking into (very comfortable place with plates to share). Mayrig has a wonderful selection of Armenian food. The area known as Mar Mikhael is certainly worth a visit. It has a plethora of restaurants and pubs that offer all types of cuisines and libations. Don't stick to the main street; try some of the side streets for places like Happy Prince (great burgers), Baron (for awesome salads and food), Central Station (for great cocktails and a decent meal), Tavolina (for Italian), Frosty Palace (again, burger joint), Smoking Bun (you guessed it, burgers). I really don't have a specific spot in place. Sometimes, I just go for tacos at Taqueria Del Jefe (fan-freaking-tastic)

How expensive is it? Well, there is something for everyone I guess, depending on how much you are willing to spend Our fast food is super cheap (I am talking falafel sandwiches, cheese and/or zaatar pies, chicken or beef shawarma) and delicious and you can go for super expensive things, too. You can certainly eat well if you are on a budget

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.