Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2019, 12:30 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
The Park Hyatt of all Park Hyatts

Park Hyatt Tokyo

Map| 6 Reviews | 83% Recommended

Park Hyatt Tokyo

3-7-1-2 Nishi Shinjuku Shinjuku-ku Tokyo, JP 163-1055

The Park Hyatt of all Park Hyatts (24 Photos)

Park Hyatt Tokyo

As the title suggests. Won't be too verbose in this review. The beauty of this hotel must be felt in person by the heart.

Check In

Lunch first at the NY Grill. Nice table. Restaurant manager shakes my hand and welcomes me to the PHT. Great. Great. and Great food.

IMG_4212.JPG

Room

Was upgraded to Tokyo Suite for all 4 nights as a (then) Explorist from the Governor's Suite, staying for the first time. Eternally grateful. I think my only way to express gratitude is to be a repeat guest and yes I'm coming back soon. Yeah, so what kind of suite (let alone hotel) gets its own CD album?

IMG_4760.JPGIMG_4347.JPGIMG_4284.JPGIMG_5046.JPGIMG_4318.JPGIMG_4321.JPGIMG_4593.JPGIMG_4585.JPGIMG_4592.JPGIMG_4586.JPGIMG_4591.JPG

Bathroom

It's a bath 'facility' - a giant L-shaped room that contains a closet that can fit four people, a celebrity style vanity, a granite sunken tub with panoramic views that fits four, a waterfall (not rainfall) shower, and a steam/sauna as well. Yeah. Oh and the talking bidet (with another vanity inside the WC room)

IMG_4292.JPG

IMG_4529.JPGIMG_4398.JPGIMG_4313.JPG

IMG_4775.JPG

Pool

Obligatory shot. And some morning coffee after that (free for Discoverists and above - shaves 3000 yen off the breakfast bill, if eating as well!)

IMG_5058.JPGIMG_4596.JPG

Dining

Never made it to Girandole. Why would I do so anyway?

IMG_4423.JPGIMG_5073.JPG

Brunch on the last day (above) was terrific, I highly, utterly recommend the melon, NY cheesecake and French Toast above. Oh and that gigantic jug of melted and milked Valrhona. Coming back just for them.

IMG_5008.JPG

A table for drinks at the NY bar was arranged within 5 minutes of calling on a weekend evening. Gave us a less noisy, secluded (and less smoked) table that yet oversees the action. Awesome.

Concierge

Concierge was great and got us a table for dinner at L'Effervescence. One of the most impressive Michelin experiences I've had, ahead of Paris.

'World peace', or just (everything is just) like the Apple Pie as the Chef says.

IMG_4730.JPG

Overall

Insert cheesy 'time is everlasting' jewelery ad tagline or something.

But yeah, it probably is at the PHT.

IMG_4329.JPG

The Park Hyatt of all Park Hyatts

Would you like to write a review on the Park Hyatt Tokyo?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Nov 30, 2019, 5:57 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Tokyo suite upgrades are the best. I’ve only gotten it a few times over the last 6-7 years.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 6:01 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
duplicate sorry
Old Dec 1, 2019, 2:25 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Currently in the middle of a six day stay. Park Hyatt is still, IMHO, the best Hyatt at Tokyo. This is after spending 4 days at Andaz in January.

Old Dec 1, 2019, 5:43 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Good too see the premium suites still have some Japanese whiskey sips. The regular suites only had the utterly embarrassing non-japanese selection you also see in your photos. Not sure why they had to go for such bad booze...
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 11:11 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Introduction As the title suggests. Won't be too verbose in this review. The beauty of this hotel must be felt in person by the heart. Check In Lunch first at the NY Grill. Nice table. Restaurant manager shakes my hand and welcomes me to the PHT. Great. Great. and Great food. Room Was upgraded to Tokyo Suite for all 4 nights as a (then) Explorist from the Governor's Suite, staying for the first time. Eternally grateful. I think my only way to express gratitude is to be a repeat guest and yes I'm coming back soon. Yeah, so what kind of suite (let alone hotel) gets its own CD album? Bathroom It's a bath 'facility' - a giant L-shaped room that contains a closet that can fit four people, a celebrity style vanity, a granite sunken tub with panoramic views that fits four, a waterfall (not rainfall) shower, and a steam/sauna as well. Yeah. Oh and the talking bidet (with another vanity inside the WC room) Pool Obligatory shot. And some morning coffee after that (free for Discoverists and above - shaves 3000 yen off the breakfast bill, if eating as well!) Dining Never made it to Girandole. Why would I do so anyway?Brunch on the last day (above) was terrific, I highly, utterly recommend the melon, NY cheesecake and French Toast above. Oh and that gigantic jug of melted and milked Valrhona. Coming back just for them.A table for drinks at the NY bar was arranged within 5 minutes of calling on a weekend evening. Gave us a less noisy, secluded (and less smoked) table that yet oversees the action. Awesome. Concierge Concierge was great and got us a table for dinner at L'Effervescence. One of the most impressive Michelin experiences I've had, ahead of Paris.'World peace', or just (everything is just) like the Apple Pie as the Chef says. Overall Insert cheesy 'time is everlasting' jewelery ad tagline or something.But yeah, it probably is at the PHT.
Was your stay a Standard Rate + 9K points for governors suite then upgraded, or did you pay cash rate for the Governors suite?

Puts the Diplomat Suite I had in Feb to shame.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 10:02 pm

Does anyone know if the twin size bed in the Park Suite Twin is a true twin or is it a little larger? Wondering if it can fit two small kids if it is a slightly larger twin.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 10:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
Does anyone know if the twin size bed in the Park Suite Twin is a true twin or is it a little larger? Wondering if it can fit two small kids if it is a slightly larger twin.
Both beds are full/double size and can easily sleep 2 adults. My wife and I usually used only one of the 2 beds.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 12:17 am
Ynj

Programs: haining
it is very good!
Old Dec 5, 2019, 1:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
They're huge beds. To me, they look roughly equivalent to queens in the USA......and the bedroom is large enough to accommodate them easily, so it doesn't feel crowded.
cruisingmickey likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 10:11 pm

Thank you OsakaWino and MSPeconomist ! I will change my king to a twin then. I was going to have one kid sleep on the sofa, but the bed will be better/more comfortable for them.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 12:34 am

Bear with me, I'm a Hilton guy so less familiar with Hyatt. I have some questions.
-- How much is breakfast buffet for adult and for child? Any discount for Discoverist?
-- How is the breakfast buffet here, particularly as far as Japanese and Chinese selections are concerned? If anyone's stayed at Conrad and Shinjuku Hilton, how does PH's buffet compare?
-- Does a Discoverist ever get upgraded here? (I've never received an upgrade at HR Tokyo or any other Hyatt as a Platinum in the old program, so I'm not holding my breath on this one.)
-- 2pm checkout is guaranteed for Discoverist at this location also, correct?
-- Do they have a machine in the gym/pool area that removes water from swimwear?
-- I booked here at the end of this month because I've always been curious about PH Tokyo (I've stayed at HR many times, GH once) and because I've held onto these points forever and don't want it to go to waste with a devaluation. Do folks consider this a good property to burn 30k points, and am I correct to be worried about a potential devaluation in the near future?

Last edited by evergrn; Dec 8, 2019 at 12:55 am Reason: sorry, 1 more question
Old Dec 8, 2019, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by evergrn
Bear with me, I'm a Hilton guy so less familiar with Hyatt. I have some questions.
-- How much is breakfast buffet for adult and for child?
https://www.parkhyatttokyo.com/Facil...eakfast_en.pdf
Pretty sure there's no price distinction between adult and child.

Any discount for Discoverist?
No.

-- How is the breakfast buffet here, particularly as far as Japanese and Chinese selections are concerned? If anyone's stayed at Conrad and Shinjuku Hilton, how does PH's buffet compare?
It's a nice breakfast in its own right, but the Japanese/Chinese offerings are far fewer than what you'd find at Conrad. The non-buffet Japanese breakfast, also available at the same place, is excellent.

-- Does a Discoverist ever get upgraded here? (I've never received an upgrade at HR Tokyo or any other Hyatt as a Platinum in the old program, so I'm not holding my breath on this one.)
No idea, but I agree that not holding your breath is a good idea.
-- 2pm checkout is guaranteed for Discoverist at this location also, correct?
Yes.
-- Do they have a machine in the gym/pool area that removes water from swimwear?
You mean that centrifuge type thing? If so, then yes.
-- I booked here at the end of this month because I've always been curious about PH Tokyo (I've stayed at HR many times, GH once) and because I've held onto these points forever and don't want it to go to waste with a devaluation. Do folks consider this a good property to burn 30k points, and am I correct to be worried about a potential devaluation in the near future?
It's an excellent place to burn 30k points. But with the coming advent of flex pricing in March (peak/normal/off season point rates), devaluation may be coming even sooner than you think.
hp12c likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 5:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Until very recently, the PH was 30,000 points per night while the Andaz Tokyo was 25,000 until recently, which meant that (under the old rules) the Andaz was a much better deal for cash and points (if available). I also had the impression during this period that the Andaz often was more expensive based on the best Hyatt website rate I could find and was eligible to use. So it had seemed to me that the Andaz was a better place to spend points. However, with both properties now being the same category, it's not so clear.

Recently I commented elsewhere that the PH is especially good if you're a Glob due to not only free breakfast and upgrades (no significant upgrades at the Andaz for all practical purposes and TSUs cannot be used there) but also the Glob happy hour and access to the pool and spa facilities. OTOH, the Andaz has a good breakfast (free for Glob and I'm not sure how the price compares to the price at the PH) and a decent (but not great) happy hour for all in the lounge every late afternoon/early evening, so someone without status might reasonably feel that the Andaz is better overall for them.
hp12c likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Until very recently, the PH was 30,000 points per night while the Andaz Tokyo was 25,000 until recently, which meant that (under the old rules) the Andaz was a much better deal for cash and points (if available).
There were some excellent "cash + points" deals in Tokyo before the change. I can recall getting the HR Centric with Suite for points & $100 or $150 cash.

I had always just assumed PH Tokyo to be superior to the Andaz, but kept reading on here how the Andaz Tokyo (kind of of like the raving reviews for the one on 5th in Manhattan) was utterly fabulous. But, it just seemed, to me anyway, that virtually every review I happened to read (admittedly, a small sample size) seemed to have some really glowing reviews, almost even more so than the PH Tokyo.

I had always assumed that if the price were comparable, I'd go with the PH. However, recently, I thought maybe with a couple of nights in Tokyo, to try the Andaz based on some of the glowing experiences expressed here. I keep reading about the fabulous view, and sort of curious to see it for myself, so long as the hotel isn't in some remote area somewhere in the Tokyo hills.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.