Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sofitel Warsaw

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2016, 3:03 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
Absolutely, have you ever seen clean tableware or Fairy liquid on a housekeeping cart? I wash my cups myself like that right after use, unless you use them to carry some dangerous substances you are all fine.

By the way, the cloths they use to sometimes dry / polish tableware in the kitchens is used countless times every hour and certainly not replaced all that often - as is the one at your house perhaps.

How did you like the breakfast? Did you go for brunch? I wonder as a native since I probably won't be staying at the hotel anytime soon but could try either (love their lunches and bar fare).
Old Nov 6, 2016, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by JTCz
Absolutely, have you ever seen clean tableware or Fairy liquid on a housekeeping cart? I wash my cups myself like that right after use, unless you use them to carry some dangerous substances you are all fine.
I have never witnessed that in Asia (they have always removed the dirty tableware and replaced them by clean ones). And do not forget we are talking about "Sofitel Luxury", not a one or two stars hotel.

Originally Posted by JTCz
How did you like the breakfast? Did you go for brunch? I wonder as a native since I probably won't be staying at the hotel anytime soon but could try either (love their lunches and bar fare).
the breakfast is very good in this hotel. Great buffet and the BF room is nice.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Another one-night very good stay at Sofitel Warsaw. Booked Luxury King bed room and got that because the only suite available for upgrade had 2 single beds. I was happy with the non-upgrade because of that and because it allowed me to have for the 1st time a renovated room. They are really nice and very comfy. Drink voucher still valid for Champagne. Excellent breakfast. I wish they could accelerate the renovation of the suites because it seems it takes forever (although they are still in good conditions but it's just their style that is a bit dated).
Here are the pictures of the room
Attached Images           
uggboy likes this.
Old May 3, 2018, 2:48 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Nice hotel in the center of Warsaw

Sofitel Warsaw Victoria

Map| 3 Reviews | 100% Recommended

Sofitel Warsaw Victoria

Krolewska 11 Warsaw, PL 00-065

Nice hotel in the center of Warsaw (23 Photos)

Sofitel Warsaw Victoria

I booked the hotel only a few hours before checking in. The best room category available was a classic junior suite which I chose for my three-night stay. The fully flexible rate, roughly 135 euros per night, was reasonable considering it was a last minute reservation.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53f6.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_542a.jpg

Check In

I arrived before noon and had requested early check-in but the room wasn’t ready. A front desk agent checking me in wasn’t the most welcoming. After I gave my Gold card, I was told that my membership number already is in the reservation. No thank you for the loyalty, but ID and credit card was needed to be shown. When I asked about a possible room upgrade I was told as expected that the hotel is fully booked, refurbished junior suites included. ”But I will give you a welcome drink,” she said. I redeemed it for a glass of nice rosé champagne.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53fb.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53f0.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53cf.jpg

Room

I left my luggage at the hotel and headed out. The room was ready when I returned in the afternoon. To my surprise I was given the refurbished junior suite even though the category was supposed to be fully booked. The junior suite consisted of separate living room and bedroom and came with all the basics. Bathroom was on a smaller size and it only had a bathtub instead of a walk-in shower. The bath amenities were from Hermes. A couple of petit fours were brought to room together with a hand-written welcome card.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5406.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5422.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_541d.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53fe.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_541a.jpg70Se4ZcRS5u2WkJzFYoz7w.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_540c.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5423.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5425.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53e1.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53d3.jpg

Dining

My rate included breakfast. The variety was wide enough but quality only average. I liked that there were many local specialities such as herrings and sausages but on the other hand I was expecting more international options as well. They didn’t even have gravlax. Fruits were the basic oranges, bananas and melons. Some more exotic fruits would have been nice. Very few pastries available, keeping in mind it’s a French hotel. Croissants were just bad, dry. In my opinion the breakfast wasn’t up to typical Sofitel level.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_544f.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5475.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_553c.jpg

I also had dinner one night at the hotel, in La Brasserie Moderne. I opted for a five course tasting menu with wine pairing. It was a disappointment, both food and drinks. For example, delicate veal was ruined by over cooking it and milk creme brulee, in the main course(!), was totally tasteless and weird. But then again it was reasonable priced so no real complaints.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53ee.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53de.jpg

Spa

Very nice and relaxing spa with a proper swimming pool and Finnish sauna.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53d8.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53f3.jpg

Overall

I was in a hurry to leave and didn’t need a late check-out so can’t comment on that. I paid quickly and took a taxi to airport. I liked the hotel and would love to go back. Points posted pretty quickly the next day.

Nice hotel in the center of Warsaw

Would you like to write a review on the Sofitel Warsaw Victoria?

No, thank you.
Yes
starflyergold, RJ77 and Easytravel like this.
Old May 17, 2019, 6:29 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
I would like to point that this hotel can be had for very low price during the current Private Sales. I just booked a 3 night stay for 200 EUR breakfast included.
Old May 17, 2019, 12:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
That looks a lot better than my memory of it from about three years ago. I had a suite which had not been refurbished and it was a bit grim.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 3:21 am

OK here is a weird question for those who have been there: what is the safety situation at the hotel, specifically at the door entrance and the public space ?
Background for this: i booked a relaxing get away to Warsaw a couple of months ago and it is this week-end. And I just read this news:
https://theconversation.com/poland-i...g-trump-121522

This commemoration will take place in front of the hotel.
I phoned the concierge and they confirm to me access to the hotel will be restricted all day Sunday by car and public transport, access by foot should be "as normal". My main concern is that this event will attract the wrong kind of crowd.
At worse I stay inside and enjoy the pool and spa.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 6:08 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by fransknorge
My main concern is that this event will attract the wrong kind of crowd.
Too late for that given who they invited.
Dover2Golf, JTCz and dimon84 like this.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

I just read that Trump has cancelled his trip to Poland because of the hurricane approaching Florida.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 3:01 am

Thanks Goldorak. Just read the same on BBC.

Well this might lessen a bit the safety issue, but I assume this will still attract some undesirable peoples. Well I am in my room (early checkin granted) and I have front row seat as I am on high floor facing the Tomb of the unknown Soldier. They are building seats and putting equipment.
Nicely impressed with the room and bathroom, looking forward to have a relaxing time in Warsaw.
Goldorak and wkndtraveler like this.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 10:46 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
Not sure about what you mean about the "wrong kind of crowd", if you mean any particular politicians, there is very little that can be done about that. If you mean terrorists about to bomb the living daylights out of innocent hotel guests just passing by, I guess the risk of encountering one is only lessened by the extra security precautions taken because of the event in question. Poland is also not known for terrorist incidents, it seems to be such an undesirable destination that the only terrorists we had were apparently flown in by Americans as part of punishment / torture. Locals are also not very much prone to terrorist attacks, random shooting sprees or knife crime, so this should not be an issue.

Or would you mean anybody else? Journalists? Security agents? Soldiers? Supporters / detractors of any particular political stance or military activity? Pacifists?

I hope you are enjoying your stay, your front row views and late summer sun around Warsaw and having a great time!
Old Sep 1, 2019, 1:35 pm

I was thinking about supportets/political activists prone to violence. The article I read mentioned nationalists were invited.The safety personnel was impressive, there was even Secret Services roaming all floors all day. I left in the morning to go to a museum and came back as they were firing the canons to prepare myself for a massage I booked at the hotel spa. I did not see much of it but it seemed to have gone well. I am enjoying it very much, love the city and actually extended my stay by one day, with the last night at a top floor room of the Novotel Centrum.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 2:28 am

Excellent stay

Sofitel Warsaw Victoria

Map| 3 Reviews | 100% Recommended

Sofitel Warsaw Victoria

Krolewska 11 Warsaw, PL 00-065

Excellent stay (6 Photos)

Sofitel Warsaw Victoria

The large amount of 5-star hotels in Warsaw means that prices are often quite competitive. Good deals can be made quite easily and thanks to an Accor sales, I was able to bag a three-night stay with breakfast just shy of 200 EUR in the Sofitel Victoria, for a relaxing week-end in the Polish capital. 

Check In

I arrived at 13:00 but my room was ready. As I was demoted to Silver at the beginning of the year, no more upgrade nor welcome gift for me. So I got the key to the King deluxe room I booked as well as a voucher for a drink. 

Room

DSC00741.JPGDSC00740.JPGDSC00739.JPGDSC00738.JPGDSC00737.JPG

The room was recently renovated and tastefully decorated. The furniture was brand new and I liked the style. The only negative comment about the room would be again the lack of a proper desk, replaced by a low table which is not as good.

The bed was as comfortable as it can be expected from MyBed. 

The room was facing the square, with a great view of the celebration taking place that week-end. 

The bathroom was perfect size, with a great italian shower. Good control of temperature and pressure. All amenities were provided, including a bathrobe and sleepers. There was also a weight balance, to make sure the hearty polish diet is working. 

Service

Service was overall very good. The ground staff at the lobby was excellent : they were always ensuring that you would not queue, going to you if the concierge or desk staff were busy with someone else. They did their best answering questions about the modifications to the hotel operations during the event (although I wished they warned us that Secret Services would roam in the corridor of all floors all day long).

The downturn service was more variable. The first evening I got the full monty: lights, bed preparation, water, herbal tea, breeze sent. The other evenings there was a bit less. Note that there is an extensive sleep menu: pillows, drinks, bath preparation. 

The breakfast service was also good and no complain there. I was a bit disapointed with the buffet though. Some options were lacking (more fruits for example). Nothing really bad but it did not had the wow factor I expected. 

DSC00791.JPG

The location is close to the Old Town, in sight of the Raffles hotel and a block from the Royal Road. It is perfect for this part of town but also handy for the business district. There is a bus stop 150 meters away, where line 175 passes (airport line).

Gym

Disapointing gym in the basement, with just the bare necessities. The swimming pool on the over hand is of the good size to do some lengths. There is a spa with well priced massage for a Sofitel.

Excellent stay

Would you like to write a review on the Sofitel Warsaw Victoria?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Sep 5, 2019, 3:40 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum, Qatar Airways Privilege Club Gold
Thank you for the terrific review! It makes me want to go there ASAP 😊😊
Old Dec 15, 2019, 4:23 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Is this hotel still without a lounge ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.