three luxury hotels in Barcelona

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

three luxury hotels in Barcelona

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2017, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

tcmb99, some prefer a lot fewer rooms. preferences re views and locations (and club/apartment/brand) also vary dramatically. recall negatives re RC neighborhood and MO noise. (including school near MO? cant recall.) some liked W because of beach and value of this terrace >
w-barcelona.com/en/rooms/spectacular-suite (floorplan lower right)

DSI, service(s) at Palauet ?

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; May 20, 2017 at 7:51 am
Old May 19, 2017, 2:13 pm

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
tcmb99, some prefer a lot fewer rooms. preferences re views and locations (and club/apartment/brand) also vary dramatically. recall negatives re RC neighborhood and MO noise. some liked W because of beach and value of this terrace >
w-barcelona.com/en/rooms/spectacular-suite (floorplan lower right)

DSI, service(s) at Palauet ?
of course, that is why some people will pay to sleep in MO and others at W.

it is always a question of choices.
Old May 19, 2017, 5:15 pm

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Originally Posted by uggboy
We would be interested to hear more about these hotels in Barcelona including:

https://www.monument-hotel.com/en/

http://hoteltheserrasbarcelona.com/

http://www.hotellaflorida.com/en/

https://www.h10hotels.com/en/barcelo...-one-barcelona

Thanks in advance.

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
I stayed at the Serras last year and love it. It's a boutique hotel but well located. Rooms are modern and very well equipped. Welcome amenities were very generous and service was excellent during my stay.

Here's my review on tripadvisor

https://en.tripadvisor.com.hk/ShowUs...Catalonia.html

Like many here, I also think the MO Barcelona is over-priced so I decided to go with the Serras.
Old May 19, 2017, 5:23 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Originally Posted by BENLEE
I stayed at the Serras last year and love it. It's a boutique hotel but well located. Rooms are modern and very well equipped. Welcome amenities were very generous and service was excellent during my stay.

Here's my review on tripadvisor

https://en.tripadvisor.com.hk/ShowUs...Catalonia.html

Like many here, I also think the MO Barcelona is over-priced so I decided to go with the Serras.
Thanks BENLEE, your insights/link/views are well received and appreciated.

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Old May 19, 2017, 10:45 pm

I am curious about the newly opened Hotel One Barcelona by the Spanish brand H10 Hotels. Anyone stayed there before?
Old Jun 7, 2017, 9:41 am

Programs: LHW membership
Worth trying in Barcelona

Last year I stayed at Hotel Claris in Barcelona. http://www.hotelclaris.com
This property is so well located that you can walk absolutely everywhere. I loved the rooftop pool with La Terazza restaurant. The hotel is run by ex Maybourne executive therefore the service level is top. I loved the champagne they offered us upon arrival prior to checking in. We were also upgraded to a Duplex suite with one of the most amazing bathroom amenities I have ever seen. The hotel owners are very much into ancient art, this reflects in every aspect of the hotel.
I would recommend this hotel to absolutely everyone. Lastly, during our stay we visited MO (5min walking distance from Claris). During our visit - three outlets in total - they completely messed up our food/drink orders. The entire experience felt like 'a convey belt'.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 12:48 am

Has anyone tried 'Cotton House' yet? Their Vichy Suite (90m and large terrace) looks nice and is priced at the same level as a Junior Suite at Mandarin Oriental.
Speaking about MO Barcelona, is there a big difference between the Junior Suites and Studio Suites?
Old Mar 8, 2018, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Will check-in at MO tomorrow and report back. I booked the Junior Suite as I couldnt see that the Studio Suite is really worth the premium. Will see if there is some upgrade but Im sceptical......
Old Mar 8, 2018, 8:11 am

Any thoughts/experiences with the Fairmont Rey Juan Carlos? I understand it was recently renovated. Thanks
Old Mar 8, 2018, 9:10 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by bebop bonnie
Any thoughts/experiences with the Fairmont Rey Juan Carlos? I understand it was recently renovated. Thanks
I am just starting to research a trip to Barcelona and immediately crossed this out because apparently it is in the middle of nowhere.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Now at the MO. Of course no upgrade but a nice hotel. Suite is on the small side and more a room. If Im correct difference between JS ans Studio is mainly that Studio has balcony and bigger windows. Location to Boulevard means nice view but its loud.

Will report when Im back.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 9:09 am

I appreciate! Thank you for the information.... I have planned to visit Barcelona in May 2018.
This will help.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mandarin Oriental

MANDARIN ORIENTAL BARCELONA

Map| 4 Reviews | 50% Recommended

Paseo de Gracia 38 40 Barcelona, ES 08007

Mandarin Oriental (39 Photos)

Just back from a 3 night stay at MO. Will do a more detailed report at the trip report forum so only a short review.

Check In

I booked a 3 for 2 rate at a Mandarin Junior Suite in Mach which offers the lowest rates over the year. While they claim 1850 € plus tax (10 %) for the during high season it was now relatively reasonable with around 615 including tax per night. Of course we didn´t get a Virtuoso upgrade even if Studio Suites were available. I wasn´t ready to discuss and learned that I don´t ruin my vacations begging for upgrades......

We arrived early so our room wasn´t ready, concierge gave us some advice and help.

When we were able to catch up our keys we had to wait for our butler as all suites (not the rooms) comes with butler service. After a few minutes wait a trainee greatet us and showed us our room. Everything as usual, after this we didn´t see any butler anymore. Absolute useless thing as so often......

Location of the hotel is opposite of Casa Battlo and quite perfect in my eyes.

Lobby etc.

The Madarin has a boutique feelingand is nice from outside.

Barcelona (588).JPG

0.JPG

You walk to the lobby over a ramp thru a atrium.

6_1.JPG7_2.JPG7_3.JPG

The lobby is not big but special:

4_4.JPG

It has all an open feeling and you can look at the restaurant:

7_5.JPG

View to the atrium and entrance:

5_6.jpg

Way to the elevators:

5_7.jpg

Space in front of our room:

Barcelona (343).JPG

Room

The Junior Suite was around 50 sqm big with a long foor. There was a small closet and a big wardrobe but no powder room.

1_Barcelona (70).JPG

Barcelona (71).JPGBarcelona (73).JPG

The room itself was relative small, for me a room and no suite. Nevertheless stylish furnished.

Barcelona (75).JPGBarcelona (83).JPGBarcelona (84)a.jpg

The bathroom was also nice but not 100 % practical. For excampleit was a challengethe tub (slippery) and the doors to the toilet and shower were very heavy and difficult to handle. Funny they had 2 different types of sinks....

Barcelona (77).JPGBarcelona (80).JPGBarcelona (81).JPG

View was to Passeig de Gracia which may be interesting but it was very loud even at night. If you have a sensible sleep definitively book a room to the courtyard. All Junior Suites face the street so perhaps I would next time invest some bugs more per night and book the Studio Suite simply for the silence (at least at night).

Beside the windows were mirrors which had a strange setail - all had Edding-markings on it..... Wired!

Barcelona (91).JPGBarcelona (92).JPG

Here a floor plan were you can see how small the regular rooms are:

Barcelona (464).JPG

Pool

In the summer you can use a small outdoor pool on the roof which may be nice but is nothing too special in my eyes.

Barcelona (94).JPGBarcelona (95).JPGBarcelona (96).JPG

The indoor pool is nicely done and with 29 degree relative warm. They also offer a nice steam room.

Barcelona (184).JPGBarcelona (185).JPGBarcelona (186).JPG

Breakfast

They claim 45 € per person for their buffet, fortunatelly it was included in our rate. What you get is a solid selection of choices. Very nice were the freshly sqeezed apple juice and the cakes, the warm dishes were just OK.

The first morning service was weak and seemed to be overstrained. For excample they took my cuttlery and I had to ask for new one even if it was quite obvious I needed one. On the next two mornings I experienced a totally different image with a very attentive service near to perfection.

Barcelona (212).JPGBarcelona (214).JPGBarcelona (215).JPGBarcelona (216).JPGBarcelona (217).JPGBarcelona (218).JPGBarcelona (219).JPGBarcelona (458).JPGBarcelona (459).JPGBarcelona (460).JPGBarcelona (461).JPG

Dining

I had dinner a 2 star restaurant moments which was very good. I will report at my trip report.

Overall

The MO is a nice hotel in a very good location. Service was with some excemptions good. The rooms are too small in my eyes and I think the hotel is overpriced. While the 600 € I paid were OK, everything over 1000 € per night for my room is totally overpriced in my eyes. As I said the hotel is nice but not over the top. Nevertheless I would stay again and recommend it.

Mandarin Oriental

Would you like to write a review on the MANDARIN ORIENTAL BARCELONA?

No, thank you.
Yes
SanDiego1K and FlyerEC like this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

MO Residences

Mandarin Oriental develops Residences at the moment, this will be the building:
Old Mar 13, 2018, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

The corridor common area space seems superfluous. The rooms really do seem cramped too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.