Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Aircraft downgrade tonight - NO DeltaOne!

Old Jun 27, 2017, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum

I fly UA but I thought I would experience DeltaOne SFO-JFK tonight #2521 but received a call just now that the aircraft was downgraded to a 757 with regular F seats. No full flat bed. My husband and I aren't now sitting together either. Disappointed is an understatement. We will each be given a $1000 voucher for the inconvenience.
I'd rather have the seat instead of the voucher. Not happy!
Old Jun 27, 2017, 11:02 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by SFWanderer
I fly UA but I thought I would experience DeltaOne SFO-JFK tonight #2521 but received a call just now that the aircraft was downgraded to a 757 with regular F seats. No full flat bed. My husband and I aren't now sitting together either. Disappointed is an understatement. We will each be given a $1000 voucher for the inconvenience.
Strange, DL.dumb is still showing a 75S with flat-bed D1 seats and FR24 is showing DL 2521 is on N721TW (a 75S)
Old Jun 27, 2017, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Thank you for checking. I sure hope so! The agent informed me otherwise but I trust this forum (and you) over DL at this moment.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 11:07 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Thank you for checking. I sure hope so! The agent informed me otherwise but I trust this forum (and you) over DL at this moment.
Mabye DL hasn't updated there system yet but someone on the 757 mod forum said that this same thing happend yesterday where a SFO-JFK scheduled 75S was downgraded to a 75P so hopefully this isn't the case.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 11:19 am
Original Poster

At this point I wouldn't put it past DL. Sell seats as DeltaOne then switch to regular F. Not cool.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 11:20 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Sorry to hear that. Can you call back and see about routing via LAX maybe?
Old Jun 27, 2017, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Was originally supposed to be a 763ER, but was swapped with a 75S (tail N721TZ as noted above). So it is still a D1 aircraft with lie-flat's. I'd say you made out pretty well.

http://www.flightstats.com/go/Flight...ghtNumber=2521
Old Jun 27, 2017, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by TTT
Sorry to hear that. Can you call back and see about routing via LAX maybe?
If you want to do this, do it quick... only 2 seats left on one of the redeyes and none on the other.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by LBJ
Was originally supposed to be a 763ER, but was swapped with a 75S (tail N721TZ as noted above). So it is still a D1 aircraft with lie-flat's. I'd say you made out pretty well.

Just noticed the same. Wonder how badly this flight is now oversold...
Old Jun 27, 2017, 11:29 am

Programs: DL DM, WN A-List, AA Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium
A $1000 voucher is roughly the same as the price difference between a D1 and F flight. I would not have accepted it and pushed for another routing, especially on a redeye.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

At this point I wouldn't put it past DL. Sell seats as DeltaOne then switch to regular F. Not cool.
It's pretty easy to tell if you are in a 75S or not. If it's got 16 seats up front, then it's a 75S with D1 lie-flat's. As noted above, it was a swap from a 763ER to 75S which are both D1 aircraft. Also, last minute downgrades happen from time-to-time due to operational reasons. It's not like they sell D1 with intentional plans to downgrade them.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 11:32 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
EF is reflecting a 75P (W5P, actually), which is domestic F with 5 rows, but the EF seatmap is still showing 4 rows, like a D1 config.

D1 seems fairly sold out from LAX and SFO all day, and not much SEA flatbed avail either.

Also looks like 2265 SFO-ATL was downgauged from a 763 to a 752. There's a chance that this may open a plane back up for a TCON after all.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 11:36 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Originally Posted by LBJ
It's pretty easy to tell if you are in a 75S or not. If it's got 16 seats up front, then it's a 75S with D1 lie-flat's. As noted above, it was a swap from a 763ER to 75S which are both D1 aircraft. Also, last minute downgrades happen from time-to-time due to operational reasons. It's not like they sell D1 with intentional plans to downgrade them.
That's correct. It looks like it's N721TW, which is a D1 757.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 11:38 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat, buys Spirit tickets at the airport ticket counter ;-)
was the OP moved to an economy seat or still in the J cabin?
Old Jun 27, 2017, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LBJ

Currently incoming from LIS-JFK. Thank you LBJ, what a relief, and all others for the alternative suggestions.

I'll report later and let you know.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.