Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Ba business: Nyc-zrh/fra/bru $1605

Old Jun 27, 2017, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Using the AARP AND promo code CARDOFFERU for bookings made by Thursday, June 29.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 2:15 pm

Programs: DL DM
I'd probably forego the extra 10% to be able to fly AA J over the pond...
Old Jun 27, 2017, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, DAL Gold, Hilton Silver, Marriott Silver
What would a good fare look like with the $400 and 10% off? Dates? I see we need to book by Thursday
Old Jun 27, 2017, 3:06 pm

I'm seeing consistent pricing around $2100 (before discounts) on Google Flights with weekday flights and about $100 more for weekend flights.

Even around Christmas. Here's 12/20-12/28.

https://goo.gl/flights/nkpy
Old Jun 27, 2017, 4:08 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Come on now. What is the base fare. We can all use AARP and the code later.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 8:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
Originally Posted by N1120A
AARP is useless. Its bait and switch with no difference in price from the normal site pricing.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 10:23 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by tattikat2
AARP is useless. Its bait and switch with no difference in price from the normal site pricing.
That is demonstrably false.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 10:46 pm

Wrong.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 5:03 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, AA Exec Plat, UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
False. I have used it several times successfully.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 7:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Not sure where you are getting your info (or assumptions) on the AARP discount being useless but this is categorically false.

To prove the point, try finding a fare on ba.com. Open up a new browser (not a new window, but a new browser). Log into your AARP account and follow the link to ba.com to book a flight. Search the same flights you have in the other window. You will not see the same price.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 10:02 am

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by N1120A
Agree, please put regular fare price in title and contain discount programs to the body of the post. There are various discounts that are not stackable (i.e., Amex legacy 50% MR dividend and AARP $400 off), so not everyone would use the AARP discount.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 10:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Presumably the fare is the same as the one already posted for all three alliances JFK-ZRH. JFK-ZRH AA/DL/LX/LH $2100

Isn't forum rule that you post pre-discounts? It's incredibly annoying to see a fare in the thread title and then find out that it's not the actual published fare.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 11:06 am

I'm very unexcited by this sale. They did better last year. Now how am I going to get from the left coast to Oktoberfest?
Old Jun 28, 2017, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by CAWineNerd
I'm very unexcited by this sale. They did better last year. Now how am I going to get from the left coast to Oktoberfest?
It's only the left coast if you are facing north.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 8:47 am

Programs: AirFrance Flying Blue Platinum for Life; United MileagePlus; British Airways
AARP discount only works for USA residents

Originally Posted by dukerau
Agree, please put regular fare price in title and contain discount programs to the body of the post. There are various discounts that are not stackable (i.e., Amex legacy 50% MR dividend and AARP $400 off), so not everyone would use the AARP discount.
As an American who resides overseas, and a card-holding AARP member, I can attest that the $400 discount does NOT work if you are not a USA resident.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.