Old Nov 12, 2019, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United Clubs, fairly similiar amentities
- near Gate C4 (reported open by Say Vandelay on Aug 29 2023)
- near Gate C7
- near Gate D8
- near Gate C17

Terminal B (B45/47)
- LH Business/Senator Lounges
Consolidated "Access to Lufthansa Lounge at IAD" Thread [2014 forward]
- TK Lounge
Access / reviews for TK's IAD *A lounge

UA Polaris Lounge -- IAD Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

IAD United Club: Which is best?

Restaurant option for Priority Pass (Chase, Citi):
Chef Geoff's - https://liveandletsfly.com/chef-geoffs-dulles-review/

archve: Best *G IAD Lounge for UA flyers {Archive}

Print Wikipost

Best *G IAD Lounge for UA flyers

Old Jan 18, 2022, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Turkish Lounge update: Food quality and variety is the same as pre-pandemic time.

Best of all Baklava is back

Old Jan 18, 2022, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Great update; thanks! I was definitely getting tired of the same items each time I visited last year.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 8:18 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by UAFAM
Turkish Lounge update: Food quality and variety is the same as pre-pandemic time.

Best of all Baklava is back

Seems to me someone likes the baklava😀
SPN Lifer, Polytonic and UAFAM like this.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 5:56 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Turkish Lounge

Stopped in Sunday from 1615-1645. Lounge was crowded. Food options pretty mediocre especially compared to a few years ago. Liquor situation is abysmal.

Old Feb 21, 2022, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
On the upside, the food selection appears to be a vast improvement to what they have been offering the last year and a half. Looks to be much more to choose from.
chrisny2 and lamphs like this.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by CMK10
Turkish Lounge

Stopped in Sunday from 1615-1645. Lounge was crowded. Food options pretty mediocre especially compared to a few years ago. Liquor situation is abysmal.

Thanks for the update. While not ultra premium, the liquor selection doesn't strike me as "abysmal". Am I missing something?
seanp7 and Flying Machine like this.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 11:20 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
In the past, the TK lounge has had Myanmar beer. A basic third world lager, but not the kind of thing you see very much in the US.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goodeats21
Thanks for the update. While not ultra premium, the liquor selection doesn't strike me as "abysmal". Am I missing something?
I don't think I'd use the word "abysmal", and I don't think it was ever top shelf, but it does look like a bit of a step down from previously. The primary thing I notice is no more actual Bourbon (formerly Wild Turkey). I am quite sure they had a nicer gin than Gordon's previously; maybe Bombay Sapphire? At least it's not Fleischmanns, though, eh?
coolbeans202 and goodeats21 like this.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott Plat, HH gold, Avis/Hertz Pres
Hope LH brings back liquor soon!

TK has less choices, but the bartenders have been awesome lately, and remember you now compared to before.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 7:51 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
On the upside, the food selection appears to be a vast improvement to what they have been offering the last year and a half. Looks to be much more to choose from.
Agreed. Presentation aside, I'd be happy with the TK food pics above (and the liquor selection). It definitely looks pre-pandemic quality, based on my visits 6-12 months prior to the pandemic.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by fumje
I don't think I'd use the word "abysmal", and I don't think it was ever top shelf, but it does look like a bit of a step down from previously. The primary thing I notice is no more actual Bourbon (formerly Wild Turkey). I am quite sure they had a nicer gin than Gordon's previously; maybe Bombay Sapphire? At least it's not Fleischmanns, though, eh?
Haha. Yeah, I'll take Gordon's over Fleischmanns for sure. (I actually don't mind Gordon's at all for G&Ts, but not quite good enough to drink on its own).

I didn't notice the lack of a real bourbon.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 6:25 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Well I was missing something: a decent scotch, bourbon or vodka! Compare this to the selection at the VS Lounge which is accessible via Amex Platinum:

Old Feb 24, 2022, 7:04 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
And the last time I was there, the VS lounge champagne was Lanson Black Label. (AF, with PP, has Taittinger.) TK has at the most had prosecco, and sometimes not even that.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 9:18 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Bronze
Well I was missing something: a decent scotch, bourbon or vodka! Compare this to the selection at the VS Lounge which is accessible via Amex Platinum:
I'm nitpicking, but with respect to non-flavored vodka, those VS selections are just as "abysmal" (or good) as TK.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 7:38 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club

Do you need to be flying VS? or is any other airline permissible for entrance with a Platinum Card.. Never knew..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.