Search

Pre-Select Dining

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2017, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: OneWorld Emerald/GHA Discovery Black
Pre-Select Dining

From the Qatar Airways Instagram page:

"Our Premium Class passengers now have more time to enjoy out in-flight amenities. with our new Pre-Select Dining service, you can book your main course meal at least 24 hours before your flight. It will be available for select flights from Doha, with more added later in the year."

Apologies for the lack of a link to the Instagram post but I cannot access it on my work computer right now.

Last edited by Work-Shy; Aug 20, 2017 at 9:53 am
Old Aug 20, 2017, 9:48 am

QR has already a FAQ page for this: https://qatarairways.zendesk.com/hc/...-Select-Dining
Old Aug 20, 2017, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: OneWorld Emerald/GHA Discovery Black
Originally Posted by endet
QR has already a FAQ page for this: https://qatarairways.zendesk.com/hc/...-Select-Dining
Not accessible in the UAE
Old Aug 20, 2017, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by Work-Shy
Not accessible in the UAE
No worries, It for first and business class passenger. Also, the most important infor for us is:

Which sectors will feature the Pre-Select Dining service?

Presently, the service is exclusively available for our First and Business Class passengers departing from Doha to the following regions and destinations: Europe (on flights over 5 hours), North and South America (incl. Canada), Australia and New Zealand. In addition, the service is available on all flights to Bangkok (BKK) and Guangzhou (CAN).

This service will be rolled out on more routes in the future.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 10:27 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite / LH Senator / KL Gold / QR Gold
Which sectors will feature the Pre-Select Dining service?

Presently, the service is exclusively available for our First and Business Class passengers departing from Doha to the following regions and destinations: Europe (on flights over 5 hours), North and South America (incl. Canada), Australia and New Zealand. In addition, the service is available on all flights to Bangkok (BKK) and Guangzhou (CAN).

This service will be rolled out on more routes in the future.
Interestingly no routes to Asia besides Bangkok (BKK) and Guangzhou (CAN) at the moment.

QR seems to be super excited about this. They sent me at least 20 e-mails about this for an upcoming trip next week
Old Aug 20, 2017, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by hotwingz
Interestingly no routes to Asia besides Bangkok (BKK) and Guangzhou (CAN) at the moment.

QR seems to be super excited about this. They sent me at least 20 e-mails about this for an upcoming trip next week
Probably because of the amount of meals the kitchen would have to prepare at once if all Asian destinations (the wider area including Indian sub continent) would be included. Also not to forget Africa.

I have to wait for another 6 weeks until this would be available to me.

As it seems you have already access to it, can you please share meal choices and picture from MMB if possible?

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 11:20 am

Probably because of the amount of meals the kitchen would have to prepare at once if all Asian destinations (the wider area including Indian sub continent) would be included. Also not to forget Africa.

I have to wait for another 6 weeks until this would be available to me.

As it seems you have already access to it, can you please share meal choices and picture from MMB if possible?

Thanks in advance.
Sure!
For DOH-ARN (QR 167) the following options are available:

1) Cream cheese omelette with chicken breakfast patty
lyonnaise potatoes, sautéed chestnut mushrooms and herb roasted tomatoes
2) Traditional Arabic breakfast
feta cheese, cucumber, tomato and olives served with foul medames and Arabic breads
3) Vegetable tikki with beetroot upma
sambhar and korma sauce
Old Aug 20, 2017, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by hotwingz
Sure!
For DOH-ARN (QR 167) the following options are available:

1) Cream cheese omelette with chicken breakfast patty
lyonnaise potatoes, sautéed chestnut mushrooms and herb roasted tomatoes
2) Traditional Arabic breakfast
feta cheese, cucumber, tomato and olives served with foul medames and Arabic breads
3) Vegetable tikki with beetroot upma
sambhar and korma sauce
Dankeschön!

Where did you see the link in MMB? In the FAQ it states that selection would be greyed out if your flight would be further away then the 14 days. But, I can't see any active or inactive button at MMB.
I am just wondering where they had placed it to keep an eye on it once I reach the 14 days before flight date.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 12:59 pm

Dankeschön!

Where did you see the link in MMB? In the FAQ it states that selection would be greyed out if your flight would be further away then the 14 days. But, I can't see any active or inactive button at MMB.
I am just wondering where they had placed it to keep an eye on it once I reach the 14 days before flight date.
It's where you can select special meals as well.
For 3 out of 4 flights I can select all these special stuff only and for the flight mentioned I can also select one of the three main dish options.
endet likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Is the menu of meals (e.g. entrees) available through pre-select broader than what is normally offered on the airplane? Or is it the same menu but you just get to lock in/guarantee your selection?
Old Aug 20, 2017, 2:56 pm

Bummer! I am flying doh/cpt in a little over three weeks. So probably will not be available when I go.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 3:20 pm

I have a Germany - Cape Town itinerary coming up next week. Shows as a selectable menu on the last sector only. Located in the meal preference tab in the my booking section. Can't say I'm particularly enthusiastic for the choices however.

endet likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 3:24 pm

Sorry, I meant this screenshot!
endet likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 4:21 pm

1Aturnleft it appears that is the doh/fra segment?
Old Aug 20, 2017, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
Is the menu of meals (e.g. entrees) available through pre-select broader than what is normally offered on the airplane? Or is it the same menu but you just get to lock in/guarantee your selection?
You can only pre-select the main course. Entree, desserts and drinks cannot be pre-ordered.

Nevertheless, I think it's a smart move from QR and should allow them to reduce the food they have to carry around without having to limit options for passengers.

I am also super happy that I now have 5 more seconds to enjoy the "inflight amenities" as there is one less dish to order. It only takes about 5 minutes to make that choice beforehand online :P
moeser and Flame3601 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.