BA CityFlyer Buy on Board

Old Aug 21, 2017, 5:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Avios, Emirates Skywards
BA CityFlyer Buy on Board

Does anyone know when we can expect services from London City and London Stansted will go buy on board?

On the website is still says Summer 2017, however, there are only days left of it and it still doesn't state the actual date it will change.

Does anyone have any ideas/information?
Old Aug 21, 2017, 5:51 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
I don't think there's a date....
Old Aug 21, 2017, 5:59 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Diamond
I was on a LCY service last week-end and asked the crew, who said this is not known yet. They could not give me a reason for the delay.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by fransknorge
I was on a LCY service last week-end and asked the crew, who said this is not known yet. They could not give me a reason for the delay.
I'll give you 1.How do you do 1 trolley and serve CE with 2 cabin crew.The rocket scientists at waterside are still hard at work.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 6:21 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
to expand, I had heard various stories.

1. supplier and cart related, i.e. that they couldn't make it work yet.

2. this came from LCY crew and I somewhat doubt (unfortunately), that BoB was not regarded as a success and therefore wasn't being rolled out further to LCY.

either way, I don't think there's a date yet so suspect it might be some time.....
Old Aug 21, 2017, 6:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by skyscan
Does anyone know when we can expect services from London City and London Stansted will go buy on board?

On the website is still says Summer 2017, however, there are only days left of it and it still doesn't state the actual date it will change.

Does anyone have any ideas/information?
More than a few days, unless you subscribe to the meteorological definition of summer. I personally work on the traditional autumnal equinox as marking the end of summer (on 22nd September).

In BA terms, surely the timetable is what is meant by Summer and that runs until well into October AFAIK.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 7:05 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
I think the only way this can work from LCY is if there is no CE cabin. Sometimes these aircraft are going out with up to 12 rows of CE, how can 2 crew do a full CE service and BOB?
Old Aug 21, 2017, 7:20 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
I think the only way this can work from LCY is if there is no CE cabin. Sometimes these aircraft are going out with up to 12 rows of CE, how can 2 crew do a full CE service and BOB?
Given that the delta between Y and J tickets would easily exceed the cost savings/profit from BOB in just one or two tickets, that is unlikely to happen as there is very definitely a market for J ex-LCY.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 7:22 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
I have always thought unless they get an extra crew, BoB won't work.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 7:34 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by BA6948
I suppose that is really what I was saying. CE from LCY must be a money maker so to implement BoB they need additionsl crew. That cost would probably wipe out any BoB profits. I assume these routes will remain as they are for some time. Perhaps, they'll remove a lavatory and install a vending machine.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 7:41 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
I suppose that is really what I was saying. CE from LCY must be a money maker so to implement BoB they need additionsl crew. That cost would probably wipe out any BoB profits. I assume these routes will remain as they are for some time. Perhaps, they'll remove a lavatory and install a vending machine.
How about self service BOB? Come to the galley yourself and buy what you would like? = )
Old Aug 21, 2017, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
How about self service BOB? Come to the galley yourself and buy what you would like? = )
Or no service on board at all in Y and vending machines at the departure gates. How about that for cost savings Alex?
Old Aug 21, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
Do BACF put additional crew on the aircraft once CE exceeds a certain size?
Old Aug 21, 2017, 8:58 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BA6948
Switch all LCY flights back to turboprops. Longer flight time = more time for BoB
the810 likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 9:02 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Other carriers handle this by having pre-packaged trays for their premium service, e.g. J. It takes not much more time to serve a J pax than Y because there is no transaction.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.