Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Grand Ambassador Seoul associated with Pullman

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2014, 8:31 am

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
Originally Posted by virtualaris

Don't worry, Pullman Seoul IS NOT one of the non-participating hotel like Sofitel Brisbane. As long as you booked with Accor or book directly with hotel either by email or phone calls, you will be entitled your Platinum benefits. For non-participating hotels within Accor network; you can check them here :
http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub..._exception.pdf
Lol. I am glad to hear that. I am asking because this is an "Associated Pullman", and I have not come across a similar property named as such.

And I was in Sofitel Sydney when the new Accor Elite benefits was first launched, and Sofitel Sydney was still not on the website for exclusion of Club Lounge; I was flatly denied there and then the exclusion surfaced weeks later.

Do not want such a repeat when I visit Korea. (Also there are some reports that certain Accor properties do not recognise Elite status - like the recent reports on some French properties)

I believe Accor is still facing some teething problems to implement their new policies, and I will try to avoid properties that does not wish to recognise their elites. Glad to hear that this hotel is a good one! (It is very much on my shortlist still! - Just need to confirm my flight schedule before booking!)
Old Feb 17, 2014, 7:07 pm

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ZenWorld
Lol. I am glad to hear that. I am asking because this is an "Associated Pullman", and I have not come across a similar property named as such.

And I was in Sofitel Sydney when the new Accor Elite benefits was first launched, and Sofitel Sydney was still not on the website for exclusion of Club Lounge; I was flatly denied there and then the exclusion surfaced weeks later.

Do not want such a repeat when I visit Korea. (Also there are some reports that certain Accor properties do not recognise Elite status - like the recent reports on some French properties)

I believe Accor is still facing some teething problems to implement their new policies, and I will try to avoid properties that does not wish to recognise their elites. Glad to hear that this hotel is a good one! (It is very much on my shortlist still! - Just need to confirm my flight schedule before booking!)
I was also surprised that there is exclusion for Sofitel Sydney for the Executive Lounge Access as the property is not included in participating hotel. However, you could email the Pullman Seoul by yourself asking what benefits that they would offer for their Platinum members. I really love Accor properties in East Asia (except some Japanese properties); most of them are really great in appreciating Plat and Gold members. ^^
Old May 23, 2014, 11:49 pm

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
A quick review

I was there last month, and quick review here.

Plats are given Club Lounge Access, and there is evening happy hour and breakfast in the Club Lounge. ^

However, I received no upgrades and even late check-out was only 2pm. (I did not push for it. )

Location is not bad (near enough to dong dae moon), and staff generally friendly.
Old May 24, 2014, 5:10 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
See my "review" here.

I quite enjoyed the stay but they annoyed me at the end. Mind that the lounge doesn't only offer breakfast and happy hour.
Old May 6, 2018, 6:59 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold

287, Dongho-ro, Jung-gu Seoul, KR 100-392

Grand Ambassador Seoul associated with Pullman (2 Photos)

I had a leisure stay in Seoul last month for a few days and choose this hotel as I wanted something more basic than an Ibis for this trip.

Check In

The Check-in was OK, I was quickly given the key to my room. I apparently was upgrade but can not honestly confirm as the room I got match the description of the original room. To be fair this hotel has a fair lots of different room categories and the differences seems minuscule. 

I was given two welcome drink vouchers (I was travelling alone) as part of my Gold benefits, valid for beer, wine or soft drink at the bar.

I go to my room and found it not properly cleaned: there was some leftover food packaging in the room, the bathroom trash was not emptied. I call the reception and they sent someone to pick it up. 

There was no welcome gift given, I had to beg for it. 

Room

20180420_162905.jpg20180420_162947.jpg

The room was perfectly fine, large (30-35 sqm) with a comfortable bed. There was only one plug available though, I had to unplug a lamp to be able to charge more than one gizmo at a time. 

The light is controlled in a weird way: there is no wall switch, they are on a control panel placed beside the telephone on the bedstand. The panel does look like an extension of the phone actually. 

I had a hard time controlling the room temperature, not helped by the very cold nights but mild days during my stay. 

Service

The hotel suffers from a chronic problem with house keeping, numerous reviews hightlight this and in hindsight I should have done my homework better. Every day there is a problem: something not cleaned or a trash not emptied or bathroom amenities not replaced. 

The reception staff was not too bothered until I met one who was helpful and really wanted to satisfy me, and worked with me to find a solution. 

Breakfast and the pantry staff were nice and customer oriented. 

Dining

The breakfast was fine, large spread with good choices. I did not had dinner in any of the hotel restaurants, for the simple reason that they are outrageously overpriced. 

Gym

The gym is great and quite large. There is the necessary for a full work-out.

They have two rooms:

- One with the usual treadmills, bicycles, elliptical machines plus a large selection of strengthening machines (around 10) + bench + free weights

- One called the fitness room: mattresses, steps, ...

There is also some massaging machines. They always have a member of staff present and there are courses. 

The hotel is on top of a hill, five minutes away from a metro station (Angguk university). The location is good for sightseeing although nearly all sights needs a metro trip (the city hall can be reached walking in 30-45 minutes, dongdaenum in 30 minutes). There is a regular shuttle to those areas. 

Airport wise there is a KAL-Limousine bus direct to/from ICN and it is an easy trip to GMP with the subway+AEX.

Would you like to write a review on the Grand Ambassador Seoul associated with Pullman?

No, thank you.
Yes
IMH, gilbertaue, RJ77 and 3 others like this.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 3:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
anyone been here in the last few years ?

Official website page:
https://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel...in=accorhotels
Old Nov 28, 2018, 5:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
I stayed for 5 nights back in March and had a very good stay. As a gold at the time, I received full breakfast in their very nice restaurant. Excellent selection of foods and friendly service. The room was clean - doubt I received a room upgrade but it was on a higher floor and away from the elevator (my typical requests). I had no complaints and would return again if/when in the area.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by FlytheTail
I stayed for 5 nights back in March and had a very good stay. As a gold at the time, I received full breakfast in their very nice restaurant. Excellent selection of foods and friendly service. The room was clean - doubt I received a room upgrade but it was on a higher floor and away from the elevator (my typical requests). I had no complaints and would return again if/when in the area.

You got a free breakfast as a gold ?
That's a nice benefit...normaly only platinums get free breakfasts.

Also, how would you describe the category of this hotel ?
Is it luxury hotel like a Sofitel ?
Or more like a Mercure/Novotel ?

From the traveller pictures on tripadvisor, the reception/lobby looks like a 5 star hotel, but the rooms just look "normal".
Old Nov 28, 2018, 6:10 pm

On the accor website, it states that this hotel has a club lounge.

Official accor lounge list:
https://www.accorhotels.com/leclub/u...index.en.shtml

Back in 2016, a few flyertalk members were reporting that this hotel was only giving free lounge access to 1 platinum guest, rather than 2 even if they were in the same room. I wonder if this is still the case.

Report here from 2016
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26055441-post16.html

Last edited by est-gratuite; Nov 28, 2018 at 6:27 pm
Old Nov 28, 2018, 6:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
Also, how would you describe the category of this hotel ?
Is it luxury hotel like a Sofitel ?
Or more like a Mercure/Novotel ?
The public areas are close to a 5-star but I'd say the rooms are 4 star. Pullmans are often between Sofitels and Novotels, and I say this one fits that categorization.

My mistake, I looked back at my booking and had paid for breakfast in advance. It was expensive but I was very pleased with the quality and selections.
est-gratuite likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 12:55 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

There is my review from earlier this year above your post.
The hotel is fine provided:
- you are OK with the location
- you are OK with poor housekeeping
Old Oct 10, 2019, 9:40 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
We stayed here last month and had a much better experience than franksnorge reported (above) last year. I’ve no idea if there have been changes in management or if we just got lucky. (It wasn’t special treatment based on previous stays at this property or other Ambassador hotels, as there haven’t been any.)

What is your Le Club status?
Platinum at the time of this stay (four nights in September 2019).

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
Very much so.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
We booked a “deluxe king” room and were upgraded, without needing to ask, to a “deluxe suite” on the 17th floor.

first impression

What was good and what was bad?

Good:
The upgrade was generous, given that this was a multi-night stay and there was a lot going on at the hotel.

Housekeeping was just how we like it -- respecting the way we left things and cleaning properly.

WiFi was mostly excellent, with a strong signal throughout the suite and public areas, and good speeds, but on one evening the system appeared to be overloaded and simply wouldn’t let us log on to access the internet.

Bad:

Not much.

The TV signal was distinctly low definition, which rather defeated the point of having two large HDTVs, and the sound signal was very poor on some channels.

Limiting the free Platinum breakfast benefit to the lounge, albeit with restaurant breakfast available for an additional fee rather than at full price, felt a little mean-spirited.

There weren’t any English instructions for the washing machine (and there wasn’t a dryer). But we hadn’t been expecting a washing machine and it wasn’t in the way, so this didn’t actually affect us.

Welcome drinks, amenities or any other special perks?
Waiting for us in the room were a half-bottle of perfectly drinkable red wine, a mini-pack of local rice confectionery, two mangoes and two deliciously ripe kiwis:

We were also given a voucher for two drinks, which we exchanged for beers in the bar, and a welcome letter setting out the hotel's Platinum benefits.

Value for money? Would you return?

We paid around 113,000 KRW a night, including tax, which compared well with other properties for our dates. Taking the excellent upgrade and Platinum benefits into account, it was a very good deal. We’d happily return, subject to the location being convenient for whatever we’re planning (travel within Seoul can be very time consuming).
fransknorge and Goldorak like this.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 1:47 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

This suite looks very nice, I like it.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 5:49 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, SQ Gold, Qatar Platinum
Originally Posted by IMH
Limiting the free Platinum breakfast benefit to the lounge, albeit with restaurant breakfast available for an additional fee rather than at full price, felt a little mean-spirited.

We were also given a voucher for two drinks, which we exchanged for beers in the bar, and a welcome letter setting out the hotel's Platinum benefits.
Did they allow only you and not your guest into the lounge? A friend of mine stayed there and complained they only allowed a member in and not their guest even though the guest staying in the same room as member. Is that true?
Old Oct 18, 2019, 8:56 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Juntima
Did they allow only you and not your guest into the lounge?
No, that didn't happen to us. There were two of us, registered and staying in the same room (which, to be 100% clear, we had booked for two guests). We received two drinks vouchers and were both welcomed into the lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.