Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Mercure Krakow Stare Miasto

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Pawia 18b, 31-154 Kraków, Poland , PL

Mercure Krakow Stare Miasto (6 Photos)

I spend a week-end for leisure in Krakow. The Mercure Hotel Stare Miasto was located in a perfect spot and had good reviews. It was a really good surprise, probably what the Mercure brand should really be. 

Check In

20180721_113736.jpg20180721_113744.jpg

A I had a morning flight, I arrived at the nicely decorated lobby at 11 AM, to check if the room was ready despite the early time. It was and the staff member happily checked me in. 

It went well and she offers me my key, a drink voucher as well as explain the basic information about the hotel. 

The only downside is the weird setup of the reception desk: it is the desk on the left of the second picture, with the plant blocking the direct view. Thus one needs to go to the side or the staff to get out of behind the desk. 

Room

20180721_111326.jpg20180721_111303.jpg20180721_111250.jpg

I had booked a Privilege Room and received this. Their Junior suite was not available one of the two nights of my stay, thus an upgrade was not possible. 

The room was modern and feel new. The hotel generally feels brand new, I am not sure when they open but it must be a recent addition. There was plenty of space, plugs and a comfortable bedding. 

Privilege room are on the last floor, thus despite facing the street it was quiet and well isolated. 

The downside are the weird light controls and the difficulty to control the AC: despite turning it off for the night it would turn itself back on. 

The bathroom was OK, maybe a bit small. I liked the material for the floor on the walk-in shower, much less the lack of water pressure. Classical mercure amenities in the bathroom. 

Service

Good service all around, the staff happily answered my question. The breakfast staff was efficient in clearing plates and with the orders. 

The breakfast buffet was particularly good, above average. They had egg on order, a large spread and some take-away (Egg or salmon bagel one morning, brezel the second morning). 

The barman was also customer oriented: I could choose the wine I wanted when using my drink voucher provided it was an opened bottle. Normally the voucher is limited to the house wine. 

I was given a sugar bomb for welcome gift. 20180721_164413.jpg

Gym

The gym is located on the sixth floor. It contains the standard cardio machine, free weights and two balls. It is on the small and cramped side. 

The location is perfect for sight-seeing. The hotel is directly in front of the main train station, meaning 25 minutes away from the airport. There is a tram line just in front too and the bus station is close. 

The old town is 10 minutes of walk away, the Old Jewish quarter 25 minutes away. For trip to the former ghetto and the Schindler factory, one can take a train so it means 10 minutes away. 

Overall

An excellent hotel in Krakow that will be my preference when going back there. 

Would you like to write a review on the Mercure Krakow Stare Miasto?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Feb 24, 2019, 11:11 am

Programs: Qantas; Virgin Australia; Le Club Accor; Marriott
Has anyone had issues booking this hotel? It essentially gave me two options paying by przelewy24 or credit card (which has not been successful) stating my reservation will only be confirmed when payment is received.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 4:33 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Originally Posted by Waz22
Has anyone had issues booking this hotel? It essentially gave me two options paying by przelewy24 or credit card (which has not been successful) stating my reservation will only be confirmed when payment is received.
Just made a dummy booking for a random date next month.

Offered to pay with points and Platinum availability guarantee applies, but could book for about 500 PLZ a night plus breakfast

If you still having problems - may be e mail the hotel to make booking. ?
Old Feb 25, 2019, 7:56 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
I've booked using Mastercard without any problem. Availability was more of an issue.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by Waz22
Przelewy24 should have credit card capability built-in - if anybody has this problem, do enter this and just pick the credit card once inside.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 4:45 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
I had a stay here last month - all told absolutely excellent. Staff could not do enough to help, the room was way above average for a Mercure and the breakfast offering was very good with a decent mixture of local and international fare.
EcotoneHR and wkndtraveler like this.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 3:19 am

Yeah, they're kind of famous for them!
Old Mar 14, 2023, 5:48 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
I stayed there this month. I will not write another detailed review, just a few points:
- I had a standard room but the hardware is exactly the same as the Privilege Room from my review, so very good. Difference is no Nespresso, no bathrobe, no slippers
- Shower pressure much better
- AC: it seems to be a problem, they put notice in the room about it: the AC is set to ventilator 3 every time you put the card in the slot by the entrance. If you need it off, you must set the ventilator to 0 after that. Quite annoying.
- Really good service
- Breakfast is really really good, it would put a lot of Sofitel to shame. Buffet is large and expensive, with lots of local produces (eggs from a local producer, bacon too, sausages, honey, etc ...). Egg to order, large selection of warm dishes (including some vegetables and blood pudding), large selection of cold cuts, horseradish, fish, egg salad, macedoine, pickes. Variety of fruits, several musli, chia pudding with homemade granola, necessary to make your vegetable juices, selection of breads, good selection of quality tea, with honey and necessary to spice the tea. Only down : croissants were not really good.
However they do not provide any more options to take away.
- But they provide a sandwich for free at check out if you want.

Old Mar 17, 2023, 12:38 am

Programs: Accor All Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Plat, iberia Plus Plat
Diamond elite treatment is superb here! Always upgrades to big rooms with terrace on the last floor - room 605 is a huge suite [not normal in Mercure] that can not even be booked. Awesome gifts - wine, chocolates, also remembee some special small gifts left during such dates as Christmas, birthday, etc. Special breakfast options a la carte for Platinum and Diamond and awesome attention. Overall, a superb 4* option in Kraków that can easily compete with 5* hotels here.
hotel_user likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.