QO Amsterdam

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2018, 1:23 am
Original Poster
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
QO Amsterdam

Hello,

This hotel is well located and relatively cheap for dates I need to be in Amsterdam. However the brand QO is unknown to me and it seems a new property. Has anybody experience with it ? Specifically the room size and the amenities ?
Old Aug 8, 2018, 11:22 am

We stayed here for two nights earlier this year. Our room was fairly small (although it looks like they have various room types) and there are no closets, just a sort of luggage rack thing with shelves, hanging bar, and drawer. The staff was very nice and there's a cool rooftop bar. No restaurants in the immediately vicinity (that we were aware of) except for the hotel restaurant and a McDonald's across the street--but the hotel is right near a metro station. There is a small market right outside as well. Hotel definitely has a nice aesthetic.

Last edited by trouble747; Aug 8, 2018 at 11:28 am
Old Nov 18, 2018, 12:54 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
https://www.dezeen.com/2018/11/16/qo...rce=feedburner

just read the article above. Damn it’s a shame that this hotel is a Crowne Plaza... seems such a waste...

I suggest taking a look at the article.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 2:38 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

My stay there is next weekend. I will take pictures and write a full review. I am looking forward to try it.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 4:41 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Originally Posted by Lewis42
https://www.dezeen.com/2018/11/16/qo...rce=feedburner

just read the article above. Damn it’s a shame that this hotel is a Crowne Plaza... seems such a waste...

I suggest taking a look at the article.
i don’t think this is a Crowne Plaza. It was originally advertised as a CP but now showing up on the website as unbranded. My guess is it might be a Voco eventually
Old Nov 19, 2018, 1:19 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by davidw70
i don’t think this is a Crowne Plaza. It was originally advertised as a CP but now showing up on the website as unbranded. My guess is it might be a Voco eventually
oooo, good shout.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 3:20 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

A solid hotel with a interesting concept

QO Amsterdam

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

QO Amsterdam

Amstelvlietstraat 4 Amsterdam, NL 1096

A solid hotel with a interesting concept (6 Photos)

QO Amsterdam

The QO Amsterdam is a relatively new addition to the IHG hotel in Amsterdam. The hotel is still in a sort of soft opening mode: not everything is finished (the mezzanine coffee is not open yet, neither is the Sensology well being studio). It definitely has a boutique aesthetic and an interesting concept. 

Check In

The reception is on the first floor, above the restaurant. I was upgraded from a normal to a Deluxe room. Checkin was efficient and the agent friendly. The elevator are called from a screen at the entrance of the bank. 

Room

DB8C3026-080E-4DB5-B3DA-133DBE0E44B2.jpeFD6B523C-7613-4FB9-8C99-E6F45FFB67B9.jpe6DE884F2-726D-494A-9BD8-D92586E79C3B.jpe

46C0CFF6-3BCE-44E8-8921-78EC2E6698E6.jpe

The room was large enough, and was very nice. The bed was comfortable, the duvet made of feather thus warm but light. There are quite a fair bit of amenities, including two essences (citrus and pine) of the Sensology products. Free water, tea and coffee.

The room lights, temperature and TV are controlled via an iPad, which is also the brochure for the hotel plus a way to order amenities (razor kit, dental kit, pillow menu). The lights are also controlled by switches, the iPad allows for scene settings (full light, relaxation, TV time).

The bathroom is fully open, in the corridor leading to the room. The shower cubicle is large, with an handheld shower and a rain shower. Good pressure and temperature easy to set. 

Service

7D33EE68-30CF-48DC-9F53-7128DDAA02E2.jpe

521C7BB1-0466-440B-B91D-863865EF05F4.jpe

Excellent service overall. 

The breakfast service was a bit unpolished (coffee request forgotten) but globally the young staff is energetic and eager to please. The breakfast is a la carte, no buffet. Choose an egg dish (scrambled with salmon or poached with spinach or omelette with vegetables or fried with bacon), then a cold cut plate or two vegan dishes, finally either granola, oat porridge or pancake. 

Also either a bread and pastries basket or a fruit salad. Choice of orange or apple juice, plus the usual hot drinks.

The vegetables and fruits are from the rooftop greenhouse, thus the apple juice is truly fresh. The food was really excellent. Each picture shows a different morning.  

Room request were delivered in a few minutes.

Dining

We did not dine at the restaurant but had a look at the menu: various dishes although there is an emphasise on organic food, not a lot of comfort or hearty dishes. 

The rooftop bar was very overpriced, interesting cocktail menu though.

Gym

I could not try it due to not having my gear; the hotel partnered with a gym studio on the other side of the road. One need to ask the reception for a day pass.

The location is in a zone in development, south east of the city on the way to the Bilmjer Arena. There is nothing around except a coffee shop, McDo and several new building with either apartments or offices. Nevertheless the location is very fine as a Metro station is 150 meters away. As there are 3 lines passing, one never waits than 3 minutes for a metro to the Center, and the journey to Centraal station takes 5-7 minutes. 

I did not miss in any way to being in the Center.

Overall

I really liked the place and was very happy with the choice. At time of booking the rates were low compared to all other places, I suspect due to the hotel being so new and looking a bit out of the way. Based on the attendance at breakfast they got successful fast.

A solid hotel with a interesting concept

Would you like to write a review on the QO Amsterdam?

No, thank you.
Yes
Lewis42 and Raynyan like this.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 11:51 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Just back from a night here. It is a really nice hotel. Easy to get to from Schiphol (train to Zuid then metro to Spaklerweg) in about 25 mins. Or it's a 10 min metro ride from the town centre.

I was upgraded (as a Spire member) to a King Feature on a low floor, which is described as: Unusual, spacious layouts and a freestanding bathtub with a view.

Well, the view was of McDonalds. I'd probably ask for a higher floor and forgo the upgrade if I go back. The TV is fixed to the wall at the side of the room, so you can't really view it from the bed, or the bath, so maybe that's the unusual part. I couldn't get the Apple TV or Chromecast to work either.

That said, it was very quiet. I couldn't hear any traffic noise, just the rain - and there was a lot of that!

The bar on the 21st floor was closed for private events, except for a few banquette seats, with no view, and no atmosphere, so it also meant the ground floor bar was full.

If you don't mind not being in the centre of town, it's certainly worth checking out this hotel.

Old Dec 9, 2018, 1:28 pm

Programs: Some
Sad I didn't try this place when I was in Amsterdam a couple of weeks ago - had a pretty disappointing stay at the Kimpton and could have booked a junior suite here for the same price. The aesthetic and food both look good.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 12:26 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Any stays this summer yet? How's the building holding up with the heat and is the area developing / construction nearby?
Old Jul 1, 2019, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
IHG tells me that this will be a Kimpton in time. This was always the plan but when IHG decided to move with De Witt it was decided that two Kimptons opening at once, when Europe had none, would be too confusing.
davidw70 and remymartin like this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 4:47 am

At very first they intended to brand it as a CP. Good that they didn't.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 6:57 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
My GF stayed last week and as Plat AMB she received a King Feature room as upgrade which she liked a lot. Room temperatures were okay according to her. Paid stay, very good breakfast, decent service. All around she liked it a lot, quite the opposite to an abysmal stay at IC Geneva.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 1:42 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by demue
My GF stayed last week and as Plat AMB she received a King Feature room as upgrade which she liked a lot. Room temperatures were okay according to her. Paid stay, very good breakfast, decent service. All around she liked it a lot, quite the opposite to an abysmal stay at IC Geneva.
Great to read! Did she book entry level or something higher? It seems a busy weekend and the base level rooms are quite small for a "new" (ok, converted) hotel.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by demue
Any other Plat perks? Like drink vouchers, discount on restaurant or something.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.