Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Frankfurt Niederrad {GER}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2021, 1:34 pm
Original Poster
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold

DoubleTree by Hilton Frankfurt Niederrad

1 Review | 0% Recommended

, DE

DoubleTree by Hilton Frankfurt Niederrad {GER} (14 Photos)

The Doubletree Frankfurt Niederrad is a brand new addition to Hilton in Frankfurt. I went there shortly after it opened, I knew and expected some glitches or teethering issues. I was not prepared for what I encountered: an half finished hotel with less than the bare minimum.

In short: do not go there, you will be hugely disappointed and your expectations will not be met. 

Check In

Check-in was OK, although there was no mention of Hilton Honors or any benefits, no explanation of the state of the hotel. First they are selling all type of rooms but only Queen Guest room are finished and thus available, everything else is under construction. That does not bother them to take your money for a Junior Suite though.

IMG_0074.PNG

Room

The room is OK, the design will not be for everybody as it is a fully open bathroom. There is a standard bed, with poor quality pillow. The window do not really open. There is a desk and a good chair, albeit a bit low. Safe is there. 

Now let's go to the core of the issue:

- There was no air conditioning at all. The building is not finished and the air conditioning is not installed. 

- There is no soap nor shower gel. There is no Hilton standard bathroom products. Only some stuff from a supermarket but nobody thought of soap and shower gel. There was shampoo and lotion, and that is it, for the entire hotel. The staff was unable to locate any soap in the hotel. Nobody thought of buying some. I had to go to a nearby supermarket and buy it at my expense.

- There is no Do not disturb sign in the hotel, so staff enter your room when you are napping.

- The rooms are dirty, despite being new. There are stains and the staff does not clean adequately.

- There are no sleepers and no bathrobe, despite being advertised

- Wifi is valid for one hour only and requires to re-connect every hour

1_20210605_175828.jpg1_20210605_175835.jpg1_DSC01935.JPG1_DSC01936.JPG1_DSC01937.JPG1_DSC01938.JPG1_DSC01939.JPG1_DSC01940.JPG2_DSC01972.JPGIMG_0073.jpgIMG_0077.jpg

Service

Service was non existent, as they do not have any staff really except one person to bring breakfast. There is no breakfast buffet, it is done from cheap component from a supermarket. The picture show the entire breakfast, minus orange juice which came a minute later. 

There is no restaurant, no in room service, despite them being advertised. The staff is not empowered to help and the management did not care about the issues really. I talk with Customer Care who promised management will talk to me but nobody did. 

Capture.JPGIMG_0076.jpg

Location is in the new area of Niederrad, completely industrial and without anything around except offices and other hotels. There is a supermarket close by, near the S-Bahn station Niederrad. Locations is convenient for Frankfurt and the airport. 

Overall

Well of course I do not recommend the place. It is not up to brand standard, actually there is no branding as except at the reception you will not see any Hilton word anywhere. The rooms are less than the bare minimum, there are no amenities and service is inexistant. 

Would you like to write a review on the DoubleTree by Hilton Frankfurt Niederrad?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jun 11, 2021, 9:58 am

Programs: HH Diamond
I couldn‘t agree with you more. Had the same experience. Bigges Problem: The Air-Condition was down and it was horrible hot the whole night. Tried to contact the GM - and got no response! Cancelled all following bookings. My personal advise: Stay away and book one of the many other Hiltons nearby.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 7:28 am

so many good hotels in frankfurt. crazy that hilton can be so disinterested in customer experience.
Old Dec 21, 2022, 5:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I've stayed here twice recently, on a nightly rate of about €65. It has improved considerably from the posts above. It's still a bit weird but perfectly adequate for a night near the airport. Was upgraded to a Queen Deluxe room.

The room layout with the "exposed" shower is not for everyone but okay for me travelling solo. AC was installed and working for my visits. Shower pressure was very good, and they had the Hilton toiletries. Towels felt a but low quality. Bed was comfortable.

Breakfast was a full buffet and had a decent selection and I thought the quality was fine.

Lobby from elevator:
Old Apr 6, 2023, 12:37 pm
Original Poster
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
So I had to stay there again and this is not getting any better : booked a Deluxe room, which advertised a bathrobe and espresso machine. They are not there (not just in my room, but in any Deluxe room). This is the only difference between a normal and a Deluxe room and those are not provided.
Air con is not switchable, it is always on, including when the windows are open. (It was broken for more than two months the last two summers).
They shut down warm water at around 10 pm and switch it back on around 6 or 7 am. Guest are not informed of course. Looking at reviews (this hotel has 3,5/5 on Google, 6.5/10 on Bookings) this is the most common complaint. So if you arrive late or wake up early, cold shower only.
Staff is really bad and has zero interest in making things better. It is a really bad sign when you complain about issue with the room that the staff did not ask for the room number.
Is there a Hilton representative reading the board ? I think HQ in Europe needs to know about this hotel.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 12:49 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by fransknorge
...Is there a Hilton representative reading the board ? I think HQ in Europe needs to know about this hotel.
Yes, there is. My personal apologies for any inconvenience. Can I asked have you filed a formal complaint with customer service? That is usually how the corporate office finds out about a hotel's deficiencies. If not, I would encourage you to do so.

Otherwise, if you have any comments you would like to pass along to the brand, send me a private message here at FlyerTalk with the following information: Full name, Honors account number, past reservation numbers, and any case files that can be referenced against the hotel. I will be glad to see that the brand is properly notified of it all.

Best regards,

William
Old Apr 6, 2023, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fransknorge
So I had to stay there again and this is not getting any better : booked a Deluxe room, which advertised a bathrobe and espresso machine. They are not there (not just in my room, but in any Deluxe room). This is the only difference between a normal and a Deluxe room and those are not provided.
Air con is not switchable, it is always on, including when the windows are open. (It was broken for more than two months the last two summers).
They shut down warm water at around 10 pm and switch it back on around 6 or 7 am. Guest are not informed of course. Looking at reviews (this hotel has 3,5/5 on Google, 6.5/10 on Bookings) this is the most common complaint. So if you arrive late or wake up early, cold shower only.
Staff is really bad and has zero interest in making things better. It is a really bad sign when you complain about issue with the room that the staff did not ask for the room number.
Is there a Hilton representative reading the board ? I think HQ in Europe needs to know about this hotel.
That will be a pretty big brand standards violation but these days I am not sure Hilton care/are capable of doing anything about it. If you look at how the lounge standard is all over the place there is clearly little enforcement beyond a mark down on an audit.

Hopefully as this is a big deal they have some power to force the hotel to comply.

Originally Posted by Hilton Honors Ambassador
Yes, there is. My personal apologies for any inconvenience. Can I asked have you filed a formal complaint with customer service? That is usually how the corporate office finds out about a hotel's deficiencies. If not, I would encourage you to do so.

Otherwise, if you have any comments you would like to pass along to the brand, send me a private message here at FlyerTalk with the following information: Full name, Honors account number, past reservation numbers, and any case files that can be referenced against the hotel. I will be glad to see that the brand is properly notified of it all.

Best regards,

William
Did you have a chance to look at Budapest and their interesting lounge hours? https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34989975-post546.html
Old Apr 6, 2023, 1:32 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by hugolover
...Did you have a chance to look at Budapest and their interesting lounge hours? https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34989975-post546.html
Personally, no, but it was passed along for review.

Best regards,

William
Old Jun 19, 2023, 5:45 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Hi everyone, I will be staying at this hotel next month, wasn't my first choice to be honest but due to an event other hotels were sold out. I booked through AMEX Plat Concierge. I was searching for an email for this property but I can only find this email [email protected] is this correct? I don't have much experience with the Hilton Group since I have another hotel preference usually.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by BRAISKI
Hi everyone, I will be staying at this hotel next month, wasn't my first choice to be honest but due to an event other hotels were sold out. I booked through AMEX Plat Concierge. I was searching for an email for this property but I can only find this email [email protected] is this correct? I don't have much experience with the Hilton Group since I have another hotel preference usually.
I'm guessing the franchisee might be innside so probably legit. Anyway there is also [email protected] which I found here: https://www.hiltonhotels.de/deutschl...urt-niederrad/
Old Jun 19, 2023, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by Schwann
I'm guessing the franchisee might be innside so probably legit. Anyway there is also [email protected] which I found here: https://www.hiltonhotels.de/deutschl...urt-niederrad/
Thanks, just wanted to double check and not a phishing email... Found it in a some website...
This is the website I was checking which didn't show their email.
https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/fra...urt-niederrad/
Old Jun 19, 2023, 8:58 am

Thanks, just wanted to double check and not a phishing email... Found it in a some website...
This is the website I was checking which didn't show their email.
https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/fra...urt-niederrad/
Yes, Hilton.com doesn't always show emails. Sometimes a little searching is required.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 3:22 pm

Be aware that this hotel never replies to emails. Not thru Hilton Honors DIA service, not directly. This is the worst property I've ever stayed in ten years. I complained so many times to Diamond desk that it's a shame that this hotel carries the name Hilton/Doubletree. See my review on Google.
Even Diamond service couldn't make them answering to my complaints like defunct AC, cold water, rude behavior, not secure parking lot, ...
Old Jun 20, 2023, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by sebseb
Be aware that this hotel never replies to emails. Not thru Hilton Honors DIA service, not directly. This is the worst property I've ever stayed in ten years. I complained so many times to Diamond desk that it's a shame that this hotel carries the name Hilton/Doubletree. See my review on Google.
Even Diamond service couldn't make them answering to my complaints like defunct AC, cold water, rude behavior, not secure parking lot, ...
No way! That is unbelievable, would have expected it as a Hilton brand to have at least some customer service.
Oh well my first choice in the area would have been Crown Plaza but that was fully booked and thought I'd check out Doubletree with their cookies.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 3:36 am

thought I'd check out Doubletree with their cookies.
Stayed here twice and never got a cookie!

But overall my experience was good - thought the breakfast spread was good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.