Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Emerald House Lisbon, Curio Collection by Hilton {POR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2022, 6:07 am
Original Poster
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold

The Emerald House Lisbon, Curio Collection by Hilton

1 Review | 100% Recommended

R. das Janelas Verdes, Tv. Dom Bras Lisbon, PT

The Emerald House Lisbon, Curio Collection by Hilton {POR} (12 Photos)

I chosed this hotel in Lisbon for a short vacations of a few days in the Portuguese capital as none of the other Hilton options (or any other group options) appealed to me. I wanted something new and the Curio seemed appropriate. Rate were acceptable and I was guaranteed to have the "newly opened" smell as the hotel opened its door in January. 

The Curio is over two buildings and there are different banks of elevator depending on which building your room will be. There is a restaurant on site, a small gym and a lounge, which is not an executive lounge but accessible to anybody (but small and in the basement). 

20220403_122811.jpg

20220403_122806.jpg

Check In

Check-in was done early at 10 AM but the room was not ready, so they store my luggage and I came back at 3 PM to get my key. There was no upgrade, and I suspect this was an hotel decision. The app showed me upgraded the eve of arrival but the same day morning I was put again in the standard room. So corporate upgraded me and the hotel over-rode it. Based on the app they were still selling some rooms. 

Room

DSC03192.JPGDSC03190.JPGDSC03189.JPGDSC03187.JPGDSC03186.JPG

DSC03185.JPGDSC03184.JPGDSC03183.JPG

DSC03188.JPG

The room was a standard room, a bit on the small side. It is definitely brand new and it shows. The bed was comfortable, the pillow too. There are plugs (both electrical and USB) on the side of the bed and at the small desk. A safe was provided. Contro,s of lights were akward at first but after one day I get used to them. There are banks of small buttons at the entrance of the room and at the side of the bed. Each button control a light and are labelled, with a master on/off. When a light is on there is small right LED on the button. Depending on context the LED become green to help (for exemple, the WC light button beside the bed becomes green at night). It takes a bit to get used to but this is actually a good design.

The bathroom was OK, the sink one more time of the impractical design (flat bottom), the shower quite good, good pressure and temperature. But no towel rack to hang them to dry.

The phone is a nice design but lack features: no red light to indicate you have a message for example. 

The AC is very annoying, as it turns on automatically every time you switch on the main room lights. 

There is a pad instead of the standard brochure.

Service

Service was OK. The reception staff was OK but lacked knowledge of the public transports around the hotel. I do wonder about their working condition, my stay was 4 nights and it was the same two people the entire time I spend their, morning and evening shift, with no break in between. Same with the restaurant staff. 

Breakfast service was inexistant, no eggs to order advertised (but I saw someone with an omelette my last morning so...), they do not bring hot beverages or juice. The breakfast itself was good enough, quite variable (cold cuts were so-so, but extensive choice of pastries and they were good). 

I was given a welcome gift and honestly this was not great. Random items (what should I do with jam ?) that comes from a supermarket. Just some fruits and maybe one or two good quality chocolates instead of Mon Cherie would have been better than this weird large plate. It looks just cheap.

This was not the only thing that leave an impression of cheap: there was no glasses in the room, only paper cups (two smalls for coffee and two large for water/tea). 

1_DSC03191.JPG

Dining

There is a restaurant on site, which had a nice menu but I did not try. Room service menu is very very limited (one soup, one salad, some sandwiches). 

Location is quite good. It seems a bit away on a map but is not so really. Several museums and other attractions are within walking distance (not always easy but this is Lisbon). The neighborhood has several nice restaurants and cafes. Market is quite close too,

Several bus stops around that links with different parts of the city, including Belem. Access to the airport requires taking the bus to a metro station then metro, but is easy enough provided you are not overwhelmed with luggage. 

Overall

I would recommend the hotel provided expectations are managed. There are a few negatives points and they might have a weight in the decision. I am afraid though that this hotel will be overpriced during the summer season. 

Would you like to write a review on the The Emerald House Lisbon, Curio Collection by Hilton?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Aug 11, 2022, 8:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Anybody stay here recently? Debating between here and the Doubletree. Already stayed at DT a few years ago and it was ok. Primarily intending to stay at the new Hyatt Regency but it keeps getting pushed back so this is a backup hotel plan.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 10:14 am
Git

Programs: AC 35K, Hyatt Globalist
Personally picked this property over the Doubletree.
Price wise it was almost 2x more expensive to stay at the Doubletree on my dates so it was a no brainer.

Will likely do a review post trip.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 9:21 am

Currently staying here. Really enjoying the stay.
Excellent breakfast, great service from staff at bar and front desk. All very friendly.
Area is slightly outside the main tourist areas, but actually means a really nice local vibe. Very easy to get taxi via Bolt or Uber (costing as little as 4€).
Only downside is slightly noisy road outside. Try to ask for a higher floor away from the front of the building.
Overall, highly recommended.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 12:07 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Just a warning this hotel is not coded properly in the system so if you use a Hilton credit card you will not get the Hilton bonus. This is what happened to me back in May.
Andriyko likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Any thoughts on this place vs The Ivens. Both available on points for early January but this place is significantly cheaper on points vs The Ivens

Last edited by Duke787; Sep 29, 2022 at 5:06 pm
Old Sep 29, 2022, 1:59 pm

Programs: HH D
Please provide some context, because no hotel in Portugal is called 'Iven'.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 2:12 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by Sisosig
The Ivens, Autograph Collection - Lisbon, Portugal [Master Thread]
Duke787 likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Sisosig

Sorry I forgot the “s”
Old Dec 21, 2022, 2:54 am
Suspended

Currently staying here in Mid December 2022 (20th to 25th).

Room is small, otherwise very nice. Hotel is new and it seems like most/all things in the room actually work.

Staff is incredibly accommodating and pro-active. For example, they noticed that I was walking the stairs up and down to my room instead of taking the elevator. The access layout is a bit contorted for some of the rooms if you want to take the stairs instead of the elevators. One of the receptionists offered/suggested that I change my room after the first night to move to a part of the hotel where the access by stairs is easier and more direct. She even offered to have me pack up my things and that they would move my stuff in between the rooms when the new room has been cleaned.

The location of the hotel is a bit out of the way but the city is walkable so if you like to walk that is no barrier.

Highly recommend this place.
khkchan likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 12:16 am

Stayed at the Emerald House early Dec for 2 nights. Probably due to my Gold status, room was suddenly became available at 11am check in.

I booked through Amex Hotel collection and got the room credit for dining. Used the credit for room service. Food was okay but the cocktails at the bar was awesome.

hotel is walkable to Timeout Market (about 25 Mins walk). Uber and Free Now are plentiful and cheap

service at this hotel was top notch. I asked for my Gold welcome gift (plate of food and sweets) at 10pm and they promptly delivered it. Staffs are very nice. Gold was also offered 2 drinks at the bar.

room was on the small side but the deco was Lux and hotel is new. Highly recommend this place.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 1:53 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

champignon khkchan Is there real glasses in the room now or is it still paper cups ? Is the welcome gift still a weird assortment of various cheap stuffs ?
Old Dec 22, 2022, 3:07 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by fransknorge
champignon khkchan Is there real glasses in the room now or is it still paper cups ? Is the welcome gift still a weird assortment of various cheap stuffs ?
Real glasses are in the room. Welcome gift was 3 pastries (did not eat them) some grapes and some dates.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 5:13 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

So they improved, good. I will try the hotel again next time I am in Lisbon.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 6:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by fransknorge
So they improved, good. I will try the hotel again next time I am in Lisbon.
I think the only real negative is the location, which is rather out of the way from the places that most tourists would want to visit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.