Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

160 Tier Points in 1 Day - Possible with domestic UK? (Please help!)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2024, 5:29 am
Original Poster

Hi there! I have one day (May 6th - Monday) to try and get 160 TPs. I am based in London and would ideally like to leave London airport early in the morning and be back before dinner at night and in an absolutely ideal world I would not leave the UK (in which case I can give my passport to apply for a visa). I am trying to think of all the combinations that can allow me to do this but I am failing to find one. Of course the cheaper the better

Would absolutely love your help! Thank you Flyertalk community <3
Old Apr 19, 2024, 5:33 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Two domestic returns in CE will do the trick.
tmac100 likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 5:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hotels.com Gold
2 x business class returns to Glasgow would do it?
Old Apr 19, 2024, 5:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
Two domestic returns in CE will do the trick.
I completely agree but I can't seem to find a combination of 2 domestic CE returns in 1 day. Or 1 CE return with a stopover.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 5:37 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum
Take the early LHR - EDI and come back on the 9am.

Then any B2B to EDI/GLA/MAN/NCL/BHD and you're done.
tmac100 likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 5:38 am

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
It will almost certainly be cheaper to book this as two bookings which are “nested” segments:

Ticket 1
Early morning London to XXX (1st flight)
Late evening XXX to London (4th flight)

Ticket 2
Late morning/early afternoon XXX to London (2nd flight)
Late afternoon/early evening London to XXX (3rd flight)

The main downside to this is missed flights due to delays or cancellations so while it may be cheaper it’s also riskier. I’d price up this way and also just two immediate returns like London to XXX return in the morning and then London to YYY in the afternoon or evening. Risk of missing a flight is minimised if you return on the same flight you went out on.

You may have to give up your being home for dinner restriction to make this work as the cheapest flight is often the last one of the day and can be around 9pm if from Manchester for example.
tmac100, KARFA, Mekko and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 5:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Gold, Mucci des repas d'enfant
Lots of options domestically. Use google flights and look at MAN GLA NCL EDI

The 80 TP destinations are all pricing in at over £1,000 for a day trip so two regionals will be cheaper, but not hugely so.

An example, sure to be bettered LHR-EDI and back possible x 2 on the 6th for just under £700.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bohinjska Bistrica
Take the early LHR - EDI and come back on the 9am.

Then any B2B to EDI/GLA/MAN/NCL/BHD and you're done.
The issue is that for May 6th, the earliest return from EDI to LHR that is not $1K for that one flight is landing at LHR at 310PM...
Old Apr 19, 2024, 5:44 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Google Flights is offering a lot here, so it is not particularly hard to find a combination that works.

This is one ticket and has you back in LHR for 11am with 80TP's in the bag and an entire day for 1 more round trip.

Pilot37

Programs: BAEC
It’s Monday Bank Holiday. Not surprising it’s extortionate.
1Aturnleft, orbitmic and DeathSlam like this.

Programs: BA Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Are you factoring in possible flights out of LCY as well as LHR? Should be some early morning ones there, and maybe less busy/expensive as it's a bank holiday so potentially fewer business travellers.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 5:45 am

Programs: BAEC, VS Flying Club
May 6th is a bank holiday so afternoon/evening flights in particular are likely to be very busy and thus expensive.

Also remember you now need photo ID to fly domestically so if you won’t have your passport you’ll need another acceptable form of ID.
BA or bust likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 5:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Gold, Mucci des repas d'enfant
Originally Posted by ag92
The issue is that for May 6th, the earliest return from EDI to LHR that is not $1K for that one flight is landing at LHR at 310PM...
Have another look at coming back to LCY, so LHR-EDI-LCY and LCY-EDI-LHR. Available just now when I did dummy bookings
tmac100 and ag92 like this.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 6:09 am

Programs: BA Gold
Do you have any flexibility to incorporate an overnight, or does this have to be done all on one day?

One option to consider if you can start your trip on Sunday 5th May:

Ticket 1
5 MAY BA1494 LHR-GLA 20:55 - 22:20

Ticket 2
6 MAY BA1481 GLA-LGW 07:35 - 09:10
6 MAY BA1480 LGW-GLA 11:10 - 12:45

Ticket 1
6 MAY BA1495 GLA-LHR 18:30 - 19:55

All legs in Club Europe. Ticket 1 is £302.29 and ticket 2 is £286.98 for a total of £589.27 (plus a hotel overnight near Glasgow Airport).
Old Apr 19, 2024, 6:09 am
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
Also LHR - EDI - LCY followed by LCY - GLA - LHR is possible within the day although it's more like 9pm back at LHR and costing out about £680.

If having to use your passport isn't a deal breaker at day return to Helsinki on Finnair would achieve the tier points for £609 and would reduce some of the stress of having to take multiple flights on separate tickets..
trooper and tmac100 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.