Wiki Posts
Search

Deskless Agents @ LGA SkyClub

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2024, 6:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM
Angry Deskless Agents @ LGA SkyClub

I know that DL has been piloting a new program where SC agents roam around with phones/devices to help passengers. I recently flew out of LGA and this new system was both inefficient and unhelpful. First, all the agents are clumped other and just chatting. When I tried to do a SDS and ask to be put on an earlier flight, the agent said that I needed to call either the DM desk or scan their QR code to chat with a DL agent. They were also willing to provide a number that would provide expedited service (similar to what you see at the "Need Help" booths) for passengers.

Fast forward, I was placed on standby but didn't show up in the standby list (even after "activating" myself at the gate). Again, the SC agent could not help me. All I wanted to know what what number I was on the list and whether I had a chance of making the flight. If not, I would've gladly stayed at the SC and finished some work stuff.

Out of curiosity, have people found this new system helpful? I've found it to be just another terrible way of cutting costs that also negatively impact customers.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Make sure you submit a COMPLAINT through the DL website online about your experience and how you view it as a significant reduction in customer service and a reduction in one of the major benefits of the skyclub - that you could work with a knowledgeable service agent in person to resolve issues.
ryw, matchbox20_is, cre95 and 11 others like this.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 9:51 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Originally Posted by rylan
Make sure you submit a COMPLAINT through the DL website online about your experience and how you view it as a significant reduction in customer service and a reduction in one of the major benefits of the skyclub - that you could work with a knowledgeable service agent in person to resolve issues.
This.
Spiff and hi55us like this.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 9:58 am

You're almost better off going out to the ticket counter and reentering security to make changes. Or gate agent/red coat. Ugh. Definitely submit a complaint.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 10:45 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (DM), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium, LTP)
Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
I know that DL has been piloting a new program where SC agents roam around with phones/devices to help passengers. I recently flew out of LGA and this new system was both inefficient and unhelpful. First, all the agents are clumped other and just chatting. When I tried to do a SDS and ask to be put on an earlier flight, the agent said that I needed to call either the DM desk or scan their QR code to chat with a DL agent. They were also willing to provide a number that would provide expedited service (similar to what you see at the "Need Help" booths) for passengers.

Fast forward, I was placed on standby but didn't show up in the standby list (even after "activating" myself at the gate). Again, the SC agent could not help me. All I wanted to know what what number I was on the list and whether I had a chance of making the flight. If not, I would've gladly stayed at the SC and finished some work stuff.

Out of curiosity, have people found this new system helpful? I've found it to be just another terrible way of cutting costs that also negatively impact customers.
What is the point of having "roaming" agents even present in the Sky Club, if those agents don't have the agency (or initiative) to provide any sort of customer service?
Old Apr 25, 2024, 10:53 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by pofriri
You're almost better off going out to the ticket counter and reentering security to make changes. Or gate agent/red coat. Ugh. Definitely submit a complaint.
No need to leave TSA, there’s a DL help desk located post security behind the escalators in the 70s concourse as well as the the old 80s gates near Gate 81.
Spiff likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 12:17 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Exactly what I was afraid would happen and why I filed a complaint immediately after this was first announced in March. Still haven't gotten a response from Delta. And we're now 30 days into this supposed "pilot."
rylan and Spiff like this.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 12:22 pm

Yesterday my flight out of Lga was delayed, I went over to ask why, wanted to get a decent understanding as to the likelihood of departure at the new time, first agent gave me the call nonsense, I called, sorry we can’t really tell you, I then saw an agent that I have casually known for years, I asked her she somewhat on the sly walked over and came back, your pilot called in sick a replacement was sent, he is on flight y from x just landed

I then asked her about the new model she wouldn’t really say much other than send in your feedback but really I am a DM and need to spend xx to remain so, to get in the club without limit I need to spend 75,000 on my cc and delta is no longer top of the heap but middle of the pack, even AA does better than this, what exactly are my benefits………. Day of travel help no longer seems to be
Old Apr 25, 2024, 12:58 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by tennessetom
Yesterday my flight out of Lga was delayed, I went over to ask why, wanted to get a decent understanding as to the likelihood of departure at the new time, first agent gave me the call nonsense, I called, sorry we can’t really tell you, I then saw an agent that I have casually known for years, I asked her she somewhat on the sly walked over and came back, your pilot called in sick a replacement was sent, he is on flight y from x just landed

I then asked her about the new model she wouldn’t really say much other than send in your feedback but really I am a DM and need to spend xx to remain so, to get in the club without limit I need to spend 75,000 on my cc and delta is no longer top of the heap but middle of the pack, even AA does better than this, what exactly are my benefits………. Day of travel help no longer seems to be
File a complaint and follow up with Delta because this is a change that's impacting customers negatively. One of the benefits of the SkyClub is Flight Assistance that you're clearly not receiving.

https://www.delta.com/us/en/delta-sk...erks-amenities
rylan, Spiff, ohhleary and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
No need to leave TSA, there’s a DL help desk located post security behind the escalators in the 70s concourse as well as the the old 80s gates near Gate 81.
This is what the SC agent told me to do. I could also visit this desk behind the escalators. If that's the case, what purpose do agents serve in the SC? I'm not really understanding their role....
Spiff likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2024, 1:00 am

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
This should not be normal especially with the new SC requirements.

If you have SC staff who remember you, they'll go out of their way to help you. Without going into detail, they've done way more than they should for me, and I'm very grateful for this.
hockeystl, Spiff, ohhleary and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 26, 2024, 7:22 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (DM), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium, LTP)
Originally Posted by matchbox20_is
This should not be normal especially with the new SC requirements.

If you have SC staff who remember you, they'll go out of their way to help you. Without going into detail, they've done way more than they should for me, and I'm very grateful for this.
The IND SC staff are very good about this. I expect that to remain true in the future - unless SC agents are explicitly told not to continue providing customer service.
Spiff likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2024, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Nobody saw this coming, right? </sarcasm>

-RM
hockeystl, wrp96, ohhleary and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 26, 2024, 9:27 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
But who wants to do that if they have SkyClub access? At least here in ATL, having SkyClub agents to help with IRROPS is a godsend. Yeah there is a customer service desk in each terminal but those are often woefully understaffed and you're stuck in line with no regard for status/difficulty of request.

If this is truly where Delta is going, it really will make me question keeping a SkyClub membership for next year.
hockeystl, ohhleary, rylan and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 26, 2024, 10:12 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by dcstudent
But who wants to do that if they have SkyClub access? At least here in ATL, having SkyClub agents to help with IRROPS is a godsend.
Exactly. During IRROPS that desk in the terminal will have a queue that could be dozens deep. SC is effectively a line pass in these situations. Anyone who has had the benefit of this service in these situations knows it's a tremendous time saving value. Many times there's only a handful of seats on the next flight out and getting this line pass gets you one of those seats. Could be the difference between getting home that night or getting stuck in a hotel til the following morning.
Spiff and MSPeconomist like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.