Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA 222 Status??

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2024, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

BA 222 Status??

I’m on BA 222 this evening, BNA-LHR. I see the inbound BA 223 diverted to SNN and is still on the ground. BA is insisting my flight is on time. Short of bringing in a plane from ORD or somewhere, I don’t see that happening. Any insights on this flight or when BA will inform a cancellation? Also, what are current rules on compensation for delay/cancellation for BA?This is a connecting itin to an EU destination. Many thanks!
Old May 4, 2024, 1:32 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I think it’s departed SNN now. Your flight is showing an estimated departure of 0010 and estimated arrival of 1425. Does that result in you missing your onward flight from LHR?

The specific time frames for compensation in terms of a delay are show in the compensation guide thread, but it will depend on the reason for the delay.
Old May 4, 2024, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
It’s taxiing out now, showing a 175 minute delay out of Nashville, BA.com will update once the aircraft is airborne.
Old May 4, 2024, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Many thanks both. I do see it has now been updated in the few minutes since I first posted. We are laying over at LHR for a few days, then continuing on to MLA next week. Curious whether that entities is to EU or other compensation if the arrival into LHR is more than three hours late, which it may well be. Thanks again!
Old May 4, 2024, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Also any insight into check in time in BNA for inbound aircraft delays? Is it safe to arrive and check bags two hours before the updated 12:10 am departure? Thanks.
Old May 4, 2024, 1:46 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Kiwiflyer638
Also any insight into check in time in BNA for inbound aircraft delays? Is it safe to arrive and check bags two hours before the updated 12:10 am departure? Thanks.
unless you get explicit communication from BA that it has changed, then no you must assume check in is open only at the original time.
Old May 4, 2024, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA Gold Elite
Weather is pretty dodgy and soggy today here in the Nashville area with thunderstorms predicted to end around 4:15 pm(16:15) local time.
The awful cicadas have emerged today(at least around my home in Franklin which is a suburb 20 miles south of Nashville). But this should not be causing any disruption to flights but is unpleasant for all of us locals for about a month! Glad to be going to Florida next weekend!
Old May 4, 2024, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
unless you get explicit communication from BA that it has changed, then no you must assume check in is open only at the original time.
Really? If the plane doesn’t even arrive BNA until after 10 pm, would they really close check in at 8:20?!
Old May 4, 2024, 2:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
I think it’s departed SNN now. Your flight is showing an estimated departure of 0010 and estimated arrival of 1425. Does that result in you missing your onward flight from LHR?

The specific time frames for compensation in terms of a delay are show in the compensation guide thread, but it will depend on the reason for the delay.
Flightradar is showing G-YMMS was due to depart SNN at 1910. But is now stating as cancelled.
Old May 4, 2024, 2:19 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Magnus77
Flightradar is showing G-YMMS was due to depart SNN at 1910. But is now stating as cancelled.
FR24 gets confused by things like diverts. The flight is still going over the Atlantic to Tennessee. Looks like it was a medical divert.
Old May 4, 2024, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Then you need to ignore Flightradar.😂
Old May 4, 2024, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all. Just got the email from BA that flight will depart at 23:45 with check in closing at 22:45. So very good we won’t have to wait out the delay at BNA. I assume no compensation for a medical divert? That’s a far secondary consideration of course, but just wondering. Thanks again.
KARFA likes this.
Old May 4, 2024, 2:26 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Kiwiflyer638
Many thanks both. I do see it has now been updated in the few minutes since I first posted. We are laying over at LHR for a few days, then continuing on to MLA next week. Curious whether that entities is to EU or other compensation if the arrival into LHR is more than three hours late, which it may well be. Thanks again!
I'd very interested to hear from the resident experts on this. It would be good to know your full itinerary because my understanding is that any compenstation (if it is payable - I'm not sure what the delay reason was) is only due based on a delay to your "final destination", which sounds like it would be MLA?
Old May 4, 2024, 2:31 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by c1223
I'd very interested to hear from the resident experts on this. It would be good to know your full itinerary because my understanding is that any compenstation (if it is payable - I'm not sure what the delay reason was) is only due based on a delay to your "final destination", which sounds like it would be MLA?
If the stay in London is over 24 hours, then that's the end of the flight from the perspective of the UK version of EC261. MLA won't be taken into account. But if it was a medical divert then no compensation is payable on either BA222 or BA223. Plus I suspect the captain will step on the gas / find a short cut and get in under 3 hours late, particularly for BA222.
Old May 4, 2024, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by Magnus77
It added a new flight as BAW223N for the SNN to BNA section. For future reference, if you click on the flight history of the aircraft doing the journey it'll show you the new flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.